5 Adults in a Grand Suite

Beaferd

We will be cruising on the Navigator of the Seas in April next year and have a grand suite booked for 5 adults and am wondering if anyone has had this experience and what it was like as for as plenty of room especially once they bring in a roll away bed.

Pictures would be helpful also.

We will be cruising on the Navigator of the Seas in April next year and have a grand suite booked for 5 adults and am wondering if anyone has had this experience and what it was like as for as plenty of room especially once they bring in a roll away bed.

Pictures would be helpful also.

Plenty of room for 5, assuming 2 are going to be on the double sofa bed,

Curtain will give you privacy for the master bed beside the sofa bed, single rollaway nicely at end of sofa bed.

You could also actually put the rollaway in between the bar and sofa bed

Look at my photo link for Freedom and you will see the space with sofa bed made up

3rd image

Hope this helps

Edited by PompeySailor

Hate to disagree with the prior post but I can't imagine 5 adults in a Grand Suite! Once the sofa pulls out, you'll have to put the roll-away parallel to the foot of the bed (between the sofa bed and the regular bed). You didn't mention length of cruise but if it's anything longer than 3 or 4 nights, drawer space will be in short supply for 5. My husband and I had just the two of us in a GS and couldn't imagine sharing it with 3 others.

Once the sofa pulls out, you'll have to put the roll-away parallel to the foot of the bed (between the sofa bed and the regular bed).

The rollaway should also fit in back of the bar area. It's like your own cozy corner.

The rollaway should also fit in back of the bar area. It's like your own cozy corner.

True - I hadn't thought of that. Still a tight squeeze for 5. Unless they booked on the 3rd/4th person sale, they could have probably done connecting balconies for the same price and had more space, more storage, and 2 bathrooms - especially if there were C&A balcony discounts for both cabins.

5 adults? Nope...to tight for me...especially with only 1 bathroom....are people going to be schlepping to the gym to shower & get ready for dinner? We've done 3 in a GS...1 was a 2nt cruise...the other was a 7nt...no way would I try putting more than that in the room...

Plenty of room for 5, assuming 2 are going to be on the double sofa bed,

Curtain will give you privacy for the master bed beside the sofa bed, single rollaway nicely at end of sofa bed.

You could also actually put the rollaway in between the bar and sofa bed

Look at my photo link for Freedom and you will see the space with sofa bed made up

3rd image

Hope this helps

Thanks! We have a GS booked on the Allure next November and I was trying to figure out how the sofa folded out.

Personally I think it would be a tight fit. Any chance of an Owners suite instead , or a connecting balcony room, or even an inside room right across the hall ? Not saying it wouldn't work, but I hope you are all compatible with each other cause you'll see a lot of each other for the week.

I agree with the others. The grand suite has a large bar taking up a lot of space and in our opinion is a waste of space. I don't think you are getting the space you think for setting up the sofa and another bed. My feeling would be that you would not feel as comfortable as you would with 2 balconies. 2 bathrooms for 5 people would feel much more like a treat to me.

It is up to you to add up the costs, and the consideration of the concierge facilities. Also when you get up in the morning will you want to relax around the room, or will you be heading out. I just would feel very rushed in the bathroom knowing there was 4 others wanting to use it, as the toilet is not separate.

I agree with the others......5 adults in one cabin with only one bathroom is not something I would do. better to get 2 connecting balcony or jr suite cabins.

Besides the beds are uncomfortable but the sofa bed and rollaway are not. How do you decide who gets the uncomfortable beds??

Thanks! We have a GS booked on the Allure next November and I was trying to figure out how the sofa folded out.

the Grand suites on the Allure are a lot smaller than on the Navigator. I traveled with three people and found it very crowded. I was glad I had booked an owner's suite for the second half of our back to back.

As far as five in a GS on the Navigator, my only consideration would be the bathroom, that is going to take some careful planning and many rules.

Rev

Thanks for every ones input on this post. We have never had a GS so were siked about the perks that come with it but after reading through the responses I will need to consult with the other 4. We are a close knit family so that isn't a problem. As for the bathroom we have done 4 in a corner balcony and it worked out just fine so not sure that one more would be a problem. If necessary husband and wife or mother and daughter could be in the bathroom for a short time together if necessary. We also have the vanity area in the bedroom we can use. We aren't in the room for any great length of time except at bedtime and some of us enjoy just laying in bed till some of the others are ready in the mornings.

I also appreciate the pictures posted.

Another vote against 5 adults in a GS, maybe, and I repeat, maybe it will work with an Owner's suite, but a GS will be really crowded. We have done the OS with our two teenage children and they don't find either the sofa-bed or the roll away bed too confortable. But as teenagers they can sleep through an earthquake. Happy cruising to the OP, hope he comes back to report about his experience. :)