Big guy

Sewingbear2

I am going on my first cruise May 2015 on Ruby Princess. I am 5'5" and 350 lbs. Am I going to feel very out of place on a cruise ship? Seats too tight, etc?

Absolutely not ! If you prefer to have a chair with no arm rests simply ask any crew member as this is a very easy accommodation. You definitely will not be the only full figure individual on board and you certainly aren't the first. Go and enjoy !:)

I am going on my first cruise May 2015 on Ruby Princess. I am 5'5" and 350 lbs. Am I going to feel very out of place on a cruise ship? Seats too tight, etc?

The tightest seats on the ship are in the showroom, I am 6ft 1, weigh 290 and have never felt cramped. happy cruising

On the two Princess ships I've been on the main showroom has theatre seats, complete with armrests.

There are a few seats without armrests at the top of the theatre.

The chairs in the MDRs and Buffet are wider. Do not remember if they have armrests or not.

Edited by SadieN

On the two Princess ships I've been on the main showroom has theatre seats, complete with armrests.

There are a few seats without armrests at the top of the theatre.

The chairs in the MDRs and Buffet are wider. Do not remember if they have armrests or not.

I can't stand armrests :) Always hurt my elbows. Don't remember chairs with armrests in buffets nor MDRs, or maybe they were easily avoidable.

Some showrooms have 2-seaters without armrests in the middle, I remember them being in the side rows. Bars have wide seats, some have benches.

At that height and weight you might have a problem with the shower and the john. I'm 6-3 @ 235 pounds and some shower stalls have been tight. Maybe you should book one of the handicapped rooms that have larger facilities. I think you would be more comfortable. Bon Voyage'

Not at all...I'm 5'4" and 375 lbs and the only issue I have ever had was getting stuck once on the water slide...other than that, no issues.

as mentioned, the showers can be a tight squeeze, even for small people. If you are in an inside-balcony cabin, be prepared to get intimate with the shower curtain. If you book

a mini suite, you will have a full bathtub which will give you more room.

Although I am not very large, I often find that the showers in the Gym are larger and more comfortable. (And usually have better water pressure) than those in the cabin. Although I do use the one in the cabin, on my last cruise, I used the shower in the Gym for 4 of the seven days.

Accessible cabins are for people who need them for wheelchairs/scooters. They're not just so that people can have more space.

this. unless the cabin has been released for general occupancy after final payment, they should only be booked by people with mobility issues or who need a no step bathroom.

keep in mind that while they may be larger, those bathrooms are also a lot 'messier' as there is no lip to contain water in the shower and it will puddle everywhere. you also sacrifice other amenities , room and configuration

the suggestion to use the showers in the Gym/Spa is much better and also makes it easier for two people to get ready at the same time.