10:30 AM flight from Tampa

landlady1952

10:30am is cutting it too close. Tampa Airport has a cut off for passenger/luggage check in and due to the distance of check in to the gates and the train the passengers have to take to gate side of the terminal. This airline cutoff could be from 45 minutes to 1 hour. You will have to check with the airline.

In May when I was on the Carnival Paradise, we arrived back into Tampa before 8:00am but there was a customs delay and debarkation did not start until 9:00am.

You may make it but it is cutting it too close.

Edited by JohnSpo

Tampa is one of the best airports I've ever travelled to/from. I think it's fast and easy to maneuver around. BUT I think 10:30 is a bit too early... you would need absolutely everything to go in your favor and there is too much risk of what can go wrong.

If you need to kill some time before a later flight there are all kinds of neat places in Channelside, right beside the port. Some places will even hold your luggage for you while you check out the neighborhood!

Edited by Shaded Lady

I think it's too early. The airport isn't that far, but I've had long security lines. Plus, if the recommendation is to be at the airport 2 hours early, then you should be there by 8:30. If there's any delay getting off the ship, you'll miss your flight. It seems like a lot of stress to me.

My suggestion is to book a later flight, store your luggage at the port and get lunch at Channelside. The place that stores luggage also offers a shuttle to the airport. For two people, it was less than a taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

Tampa is the one port I wouldn't even try making an early flight. Do your research, ships are offen late coming and going due to fog and other weather related issues.

As well as Houston. Both ports, depending on the time of year, can have fog delays. :eek:

As much as I wanted to book on the Pride in early Winter, it was the delay issue that kept me away and switched me over to PC. Coming in on a Sunday, not sure of what a good return flight time would be, and even looked into renting a car but if you get in really late, the local car rentals are closed and you have to go to the airport. So, booked at PC instead.