Payment For Unknown Hotel !!!

bingo queen

Final payment date is nearing and although we booked 588 days in advance we have not yet been given the name of our pre cruise hotel.How can Princess give us a price to be paid if they are "still trying to contract the hotel in Singapore". ?

Just curious.:confused:

Final payment date is nearing and although we booked 588 days in advance we have not yet been given the name of our pre cruise hotel.How can Princess give us a price to be paid if they are "still trying to contract the hotel in Singapore". ?

Just curious.:confused:

They may have blocks of rooms reserved at more than one hotel. If so, then they are probably waiting until closer to the cruise date before assigning hotel rooms. No matter how close cruise time is there are always cancellations so it probably makes sense for their inventory control dept. to wait.

For an upcoming cruise, they sold us specific seats on a flight on an airline where we don't have checked luggage charges. Then three months later they phoned to tell us they don't have a contract with that airline and are booking us on another. We'll incur at least $200 in additional checked bag charges.

Ship happens.

When we booked our Hawaiian cruise for Jan 2015, Princess told us that we would be wait listed for the hotel in San Fransisco. When I asked why, it was because they only have 1 contracted hotel in SF and this was showing full. When asked what would happen if it was still full, they told me that I would have to arrange my own accommodation. So we booked our own, much better knowing where you are staying.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

I booked our cruise tour to Alaska a couple of summers ago after the final payment date. I still had to wait several weeks before getting all our hotel confirmations--three weeks before we left.

Edited by geoherb

When we booked our Hawaiian cruise for Jan 2015, Princess told us that we would be wait listed for the hotel in San Fransisco. When I asked why, it was because they only have 1 contracted hotel in SF and this was showing full. When asked what would happen if it was still full, they told me that I would have to arrange my own accommodation. So we booked our own, much better knowing where you are staying.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

We booked our Hawaiin cruise which we went on in 2013 with Princess and although it was booked over a year in advance we knew at the time of booking which hotel in LA we were going to.That is why I felt confused that they couldn't tell us which hotel in Singapore we are going to.!! You will LOVE Hawaii.