Sailing from New Jersey to Bermuda

June would be an excellent time to cruise to Bermuda. The ocean can be smooth or rough on any given day and there is no way to predict that unless there is stormy weather predicted at the time.

Although not in June, we have cruised to Bermuda from New Jersey and Baltimore three times as it is one of our favorite itineraries. The seas were very calm for the most part each time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Does anyone know what to expect if you sail in June from New Jersey to Bermuda? We love the sun and I'm worried the air might be cool and the ocean rough. Would it be rainy and cool?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are joking, aren't you..... How could anyone have the slightest idea what the sea conditions, weather and temperature might be 10 months from now? They change from day to day....

Do you know if it will be rainy or clear, windy or calm, hot or cold next June at your own neighborhood? :rolleyes:

If you want to know the weather is likely to be, look up Hamilton a day or so before embarkation. Then pack for the expected weather.

I hope it's better than sailing from NY. We got caught in a storm each way and the 2nd one was worse than the first. It's a good thing I don't get seasick. Hopefully sailing out of Bayonne will result in smoother seas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I hope it's better than sailing from NY. We got caught in a storm each way and the 2nd one was worse than the first. It's a good thing I don't get seasick. Hopefully sailing out of Bayonne will result in smoother seas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

You realize NY and Bayonne share the same harbor, right? :confused: Bayonne is on the New Jersey side and NY is on the Manhattan side, but they would encounter the same Atlantic weather conditions. :rolleyes:

And just because you had the misfortune of storms both times you sailed from there does not mean that is the typical weather. Storms one day, sunshine the next. No predicting.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Does anyone know what to expect if you sail in June from New Jersey to Bermuda? We love the sun and I'm worried the air might be cool and the ocean rough. Would it be rainy and cool?

Let's see. We've had a little experience with this cruise :rolleyes:...

We've found all the above to be true, so to put it in a clamshell:

June is a great month the go to Bermuda!

The seas are generally not bad, but can be. On any cruise, if you worry about heavy seas, get a cabin that's low and in the aft third of the ship - not as much motion there. Relax, you're going to Bermuda!

The weather is generally beautiful, but can rain. Check the Hamilton weather before you go; if you're worried just pack a windbreaker or light raincoat - and assume you won't need it. Relax, you're in Bermuda!

So, if you get showers or a bumpy day at sea, you're still going to Bermuda! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Let's see. We've had a little experience with this cruise :rolleyes:...

We've found all the above to be true, so to put it in a clamshell:

June is a great month the go to Bermuda!

The seas are generally not bad, but can be. On any cruise, if you worry about heavy seas, get a cabin that's low and in the aft third of the ship - not as much motion there. Relax, you're going to Bermuda!

The weather is generally beautiful, but can rain. Check the Hamilton weather before you go; if you're worried just pack a windbreaker or light raincoat - and assume you won't need it. Relax, you're in Bermuda!

So, if you get showers or a bumpy day at sea, you're still going to Bermuda! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Love the way your looking at it

A cruise is still a cruise

Bermuda here you go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Bermuda on the June 15th Celebrity Summit this year. The seas to and fro were like glass. That doesn't mean you won't run into an occasional storm or bouncy seas. The nice thing about Bermuda that time of year is the heat is generally not oppressive. Your mileage may vary.

You are joking, aren't you..... How could anyone have the slightest idea what the sea conditions, weather and temperature might be 10 months from now? They change from day to day....

Do you know if it will be rainy or clear, windy or calm, hot or cold next June at your own neighborhood? :rolleyes:

If you want to know the weather is likely to be, look up Hamilton a day or so before embarkation. Then pack for the expected weather.

Why so snarky?

OP is asking for experiences sailing NY -> Bermuda in June.

I think OP realizes no one can guarantee the weather or seas.

Why so snarky?

OP is asking for experiences sailing NY -> Bermuda in June.

I think OP realizes no one can guarantee the weather or seas.

I didn't think it was snarky at all - simply honest. We've been to Beemuda many times between April and November and have encountered all kinds of weather. The one time we went in June it was cool and rainy. A member of my cat club lives there and when I saw her in late July she told me that was the only rain they had had all season. You never know. We were able to get in a little beach time so all was good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have sailed to Bermuda over a dozen times. If there is no storm, seas are good and outside activity onboard is lively.

New York City.

The month of June is characterized by rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing from 73°F to 79°F over the course of the month, exceeding 88°F or dropping below 62°F only one day in ten.

Daily low temperatures range from 56°F to 64°F, falling below 48°F or exceeding 71°F only one day in ten.

Bermuda

Average high is 81, average low is 73. Average water temp is 78 degrees. The ocean temperature moderates the temperature.

Thank you got all your responses. I probably should have clarified why I was asking. We always cruise out of Florida. We are trying to decide between the Oasis, which we have already done before, or the Liberty, out of New Jersey. There are four sea days on this cruise and my sons LOVE the surfing and outdoor activities. I was curious if it is common to be windy and they close the decks when on the Atlantic. The Caribbean is very calm and we know it could be rainy one day, but was wondering if its more usual to have a lot of wind or rain when you are traveling on the Atlantic. We just came back from Alaska and one day the wind was 47 knots and you couldn't go outside. Was hoping it would not be like that on the Atlantic ( unless a storm)

Thank you got all your responses. I probably should have clarified why I was asking. We always cruise out of Florida. We are trying to decide between the Oasis, which we have already done before, or the Liberty, out of New Jersey. There are four sea days on this cruise and my sons LOVE the surfing and outdoor activities. I was curious if it is common to be windy and they close the decks when on the Atlantic. The Caribbean is very calm and we know it could be rainy one day, but was wondering if its more usual to have a lot of wind or rain when you are traveling on the Atlantic. We just came back from Alaska and one day the wind was 47 knots and you couldn't go outside. Was hoping it would not be like that on the Atlantic ( unless a storm)

Should be warm enough to use the Flowrider in June on Liberty out of NJ.

No - not common to be windy or stormy in that part of the Atlantic. And not nearly comparable to the Alaska latitudes and weather conditions! In four cruises out of the Northeast, only half of one day were the decks closed due to weather. But the storm that passed through that day forcing that could have just as well occurred in the Caribbean with the same resulting deck closures.

You will be fine with your on board plans.