Salad at the table???

rednose83

I read somewhere (and now I can't remember where) that there is some kind of lunch salad that is special-made at your table on RCI that is really good.

Is this available on FOS? If so, where and when?

I think you're referring to the "tutti salad" that is served in the MDR on sea days. It's not prepared at you table, rather it's akin to a very well stocked salad buffet where you select what you want and it is prepared for you by the staff. I love it!

I think you're referring to the "tutti salad" that is served in the MDR on sea days. It's not prepared at you table, rather it's akin to a very well stocked salad buffet where you select what you want and it is prepared for you by the staff. I love it!

Yes, that must be it! We will have to go to the MDR for lunch then. Sounds yummy!

Its the TUTTI SALAD....its delicious! A huge salad bar is set up, tell them what you want and they make it and chop it for you, you take it back to your table.

As already mentioned its only on sea days, don't miss it!

So after they sit us, you walk up to the salad bar and get it?

Edited by rednose83

Yes. You still have waiter service - perhaps not all your party wants the salad. The waiter takes orders for lunch, drinks, etc. and then you go to the salad station.

You may, for example, order off the menu - sandwich or other entree - and then go get a small salad to go with it, if you wish. Or, you may prefer a "full meal" salad - you still wait for the waiter, tell the waiter you are just doing salad, and then go. Waiter still comes back for drink refills, dessert, etc.

Your waiter will take your order - if you are having the Tutti salad, you will tell him//her that at that time, and then you can go and get it. :)

By the way, I found it very filling; I mean, I'm not a pig by any means but the salad plus the entree I had ordered for lunch was just way too much food! Classic rookie mistake!! LOL :D

I found this salad bar by accident on the LAST day!! Sniff Sniff. Had five sea days. Boy was I mad. :o

It was amazing several different lettuces, all the goodies, and even had baby shrimp, bacon, chicken, and steak.

From now on that will be lunch if the hours don't conflict with anything I have going on.

I always say i am going to have a LITTLE salad, and by the time i get done adding everything i like, it is not LITTLE....:)

t is very hard to get a LITTLE salad at the Tutti salad bar. I always say to the staff member for each item I select..."just a very little" or "just a tiny bit" and I can get a smaller salad, but still sometimes more than I want. But I'm not complaining...it is very good!!:D

Google Tutti salad bar and click on images and you will see what the salad bar looks like. Very tasty, just make sure they chop it at the end, for some reason that makes it taste even better.

Awesome tip!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app