cruise price drops

zephyrella14

New cruiser here. I've booked a cruise to Alaska in Aug. 2015 out of San Francisco...only three sailing out of there that month, only by Princess and only one including glacier bay (the one I booked) What are the odds the price will drop before sailing? I'm debating canceling and waiting to book to see if I can get better rate a month or two before sail date.

Thanks. I'm asking about price drops for this cruise, with this itinerary, AFTER the final payment dates.

I'm hoping someone has had experience with this particular cruise.

There is no answer to your question, it depends on if this particular sailing sells well or if they have extra cabins they need to sell close to sailing date. It all boils down to how much of a gamble do you want to take.

You may want to check out the Roll Calls for the SF cruises to Alaska for THIS year. There may be discussion of any price changes.

Has anyone begun a Roll Call for this particular cruise you have booked? It's early yet, but perhaps someone has got the ball rolling. People on your roll call are the best source for information about fares, etc.

I realize each year is different, but we went to Alaska 5 years ago and this year (30th & 35th anniversary's). Because of the nature of our business, we can not book a cruise in the summer until a month out. Both times we tried to book the Glacier Bay cruise and both times they were completely sold out. I wouldn't risk it if you really want to see Glacier Bay.

Because there are only 3 sailings and because its out of San Francisco (probably a 10 day right?) It think it will sell out. I believe you are playing with fire by waiting to book this cruise maybe to save a few $$ but most likely not as it will probably go up in price. JMHO