Extras....

We will be cruising on our 1st Royal Caribbean in June 1015 on vision of the sea in Europe.

We are pros on Carnival but wanted to know on Royal the extra specialty restaurant like Johnny Rocket and etc are those extra cost? If so do they charge it to your room card?

Also does Royal offer anything you can buy to get onboard faster like carnival (FTTF) does?

We will be cruising on our 1st Royal Caribbean in June 1015 on vision of the sea in Europe.

We are pros on Carnival but wanted to know on Royal the extra specialty restaurant like Johnny Rocket and etc are those extra cost? If so do they charge it to your room card?

Also does Royal offer anything you can buy to get onboard faster like carnival (FTTF) does?

Click below for a pdf of the Royal Caribbean Dining Guide which includes prices.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/11023989_Fleet_Dining_Guide.pdf

RCI lets you board early, without paying for the privilege ....

You don't HAVE to spend money on the "extras" unless you want to! Your cruise experience will not be lessened if you don't eat at Johnny Rockets!

And, ANYTHING you buy is charged to your shipboard account!

RCI lets you board early, without paying for the privilege ....

You don't HAVE to spend money on the "extras" unless you want to! Your cruise experience will not be lessened if you don't eat at Johnny Rockets!

And, ANYTHING you buy is charged to your shipboard account!

How is that? My last sailing with RCI I was given a 4.30pm boarding time and boarding began at 11am lol

Boarding kind of depends on what port you leave from. But honestly just show up at 11 or so and you'll be on board in no time. Our worst experience was New Orleans and it was because they had a Norovirus outbreak and had to scrub the ship. They told everyone to show up at 1:30, and everyone did. Other than that there is rarely much of a line to get on board. So you really won't see much of a need for anything like FTTF.

Ok

I will ask

What does it mean?

Thanks

Sea Ya

FTTF is a $50 payment "Per Cabin" that gives you and your cabin guests a priority check in line, priority boarding immediately after perk holders, cabin guaranteed to be ready at boarding, VIP priority luggage at port and cabin delivery,priority tenders at tender ports,priority line at guest services and priority disembarkation.

I had it in June and it was worth every penny! It is sold on a basis of how many perk guests are booked so if not too many diamonds and the like they they open up these places for FTTF,It is sold in shore excursions.

Many perk holders hate the idea of other cruisers paying for what they had to earn but its become one of the must have items when booking a carnival cruise. I would love RCI to introduce a similar scheme.:)

On my June Carnival Dream cruise it was the simplest less stressful boarding I have ever experienced! we were on board cloths packed away in cabin and drinking a cocktail after a bite to eat on an almost deserted ship by 11.30am:)

Boarding kind of depends on what port you leave from. But honestly just show up at 11 or so and you'll be on board in no time. Our worst experience was New Orleans and it was because they had a Norovirus outbreak and had to scrub the ship. They told everyone to show up at 1:30, and everyone did. Other than that there is rarely much of a line to get on board. So you really won't see much of a need for anything like FTTF.

I disagree! I have used FTTF with Carnival and I also cruise RCI, FTTF is much more than many who have not used it think!

So RCI lets everyone board at the same time in USA if they want:confused:

I find that quite hard to believe!

Not exactly the same time, suites and high tier loyalty board first, but after that its first come first on with no requirement for staggered boarding times. We were on Oasis by about 1130am.

Not exactly the same time, suites and high tier loyalty board first, but after that its first come first on with no requirement for staggered boarding times. We were on Oasis by about 1130am.

The exact same way all cruise lines board then!:D

That's an "Australia" thing. It doesn't work like that "over here "

:)

You cant really say its an "Australian" thing because it is a "cruiseport" thing.

If a cruiseport cannot handle the amount of guests in USA then it would have staggered boarding times as well.

Sometimes the same port can be slow or fast. Our fastest and slowest boarding were both at New Orleans. The first time we walked right on board at 11:30 with no lines. The second time, as Diamond with priority boarding, it was a mess but that was because it was the first cruise after a transatlantic.

All in all the boarding process was never really bad except the exceptions (IE: Norovirus, transatlantic turnaround, late arrival due to fog delays etc...).

Ok

I will ask

What does it mean?

Thanks

Sea Ya

$50 per stateroom gets you..

Express boarding

Stateroom ready when you board

Express luggage delivery.

Priority dinner seating

Express guest services access

Priority tendering