Park Cafe

Sky616

I love the roast beef sandwiches :) Sailing on Liberty next month and there's no Park Cafe on the deck plans - does that mean no roast beef sandwiches :(

On last year's TA, there was one day where they had a roast beef sandwich station set up in the front of WJ. There was no advance notice that we saw, I just happened to see it as I was going in to get some tea. We did not try them but they looked the same as the ones in the Park Café.

Sherri:)

I describe it as raw fat. Not a big fan of it but DW would stand in a line to get it. I do like the salads and other sandwiches

Even the salads have gone down hill due to more RCL cost cutting. I liked the salads better when they put all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixed them together and then transferred them to your salad bowl. This took more time and required 1 or 2 more servers behind the counter. Now they just dump the ingredients in your bowl. This requires fewer people and they don't have to clean the mixing bowls. Not a deal breaker but just one more thing that used to be a lot nicer. :(:(:(

Kummelweck Sandwich is the proper name.

The kummelweck roll gives the sandwich its name and a distinctive taste. A kummelweck (sometimes pronounced "kimmelweck" or "kümmelweck") is topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. Kümmel is the German word for caraway, and weck means "roll" in the south-western German dialects of the Baden and Swabia areas (northern Germans generally say Brötchen), although the kind of weck used for this sandwich in America tends to be much softer and fluffier than a standard German Kümmelbrötchen or Kümmelweck.[2] The sandwich has been introduced to new areas of the United States with population movement. In Austria, a similar type of small white-bread is known as Kümmelweckerl (diminutive from Wecken, which refers to a whole big bread, i.e. Brotwecken).

Enjoy the wonderful Kummelweck sandwich visa roast beef sandwich.

Wow, you guys! I thought I was the only one who didn't like the RB sandwiches - WAY too much fat and gristle. I was completely turned off. Yuk.

Park Cafe on Serenade did have delicious (pre-made) tuna sandwiches, though. We grabbed a couple after coming back onboard on a port day. Hit the spot!

Everyone has a different opinion of the RB Sandwich! I like them and have never seen "raw" :eek: fat. It if was Raw Fat then that would mean the meat wasn't cooked. Some people are over dramatic in order to make a point.

I do however take most of the Salt off the roll and have it with some horseradish! This year they seem smaller then in 2012, so I would just get 2 and that worked for me! :D

Wow, you guys! I thought I was the only one who didn't like the RB sandwiches - WAY too much fat and gristle. I was completely turned off. Yuk.

The RB sandwiches are living on a reputation from when they were introduced on Oasis several years ago. At that time the quality of meat was much better, without the fat and gristle. However as we have all noticed there has been a lot of cost cutting at RCL over the last few years and the quality of this sandwich meat is just another example. I hope RCL can repair this for Oasis during the drydock, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If there was a like feature, I would have "liked"every comment about not liking the roast beef sandwiches. I just don't get all the excitement. They ARE fatty and full of gristle. Arby's is better and that is saying something