Carnival entertainment goes even further downhill

golfadj

I

I think that is backfiring anyway. All I keep reading is that they are giving out tickets, in luring the VIP passes.

must find out where you keep reading all this negative stuff. Have not read one negative review of Carnival live concert series. You seem to find them all over. Go figure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

I

must find out where you keep reading all this negative stuff. Have not read one negative review of Carnival live concert series. You seem to find them all over. Go figure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

I haven't seen any either, and believe me, if anybody would be all over that, it would be me. LOL ;):D

stu, thanks for the report!:) we also did not like the shows on the conquest.

we are going on the liberty the 26th of this month, are the shows better on it?:) I think you were on the liberty awhile back. If not, sorry.

We were on the Liberty in June and they had real live music with production shows. Also two flyons as I recall.

Not every one dislikes the shows, but certain people beat the subject to death. If they are so disliked, why go to them, pick them apart and post how bad they are?

Sorry that you dont like my opinion but will give it as I see fit. Feel free to scroll on by it.

Not every one dislikes the shows, but certain people beat the subject to death. If they are so disliked, why go to them, pick them apart and post how bad they are?

Because you PAY for them! Don't you understand that part of your cruise fare is supposed to pay for decent entertainment?

I'm afraid I'm with Stu on this one. On Glory last month, we went to "Latin Nights" as part of the welcome aboard show. It was awful. DH, who is not a CC member, very quickly made the decision to skip any other Playlist Productions shows. I gave it a second try with "Divas." Didn't like that one either. One more try - "Epic Rock." That one was pretty good. However, I really missed the live music.:(

I'm afraid I'm with Stu on this one. On Glory last month, we went to "Latin Nights" as part of the welcome aboard show. It was awful. DH, who is not a CC member, very quickly made the decision to skip any other Playlist Productions shows. I gave it a second try with "Divas." Didn't like that one either. One more try - "Epic Rock." That one was pretty good. However, I really missed the live music.:(

Of the four we have seen Epic Rock is the best and we enjoyed it but would be even better with a real live band and with better singers.

Flashling lights are great migraine triggers. DW goes to them wearing sunglasses.

Pretty much been a forum lurker for a few years now . But I was also on this cruise. This was easily the worst entertainment I've seen. The divas show was terrible , the Brits show was equally bad, loved all the comedians though!the rest of the conquest was a great time!

We were on the Conquest for 3 weeks in December and never went to any of the shows in the theater because we seen them on the Breeze and they were awful so why put ourselves through that again. Hasbro 2 nights for a 7 day cruise was a big disappointment.

I agree with Stu and said it after our cruises on the Conquest last year, entertainment on Carnival does not exist anymore.

Entertainment is an important factor when we cruise. This is why we are sailing on Princess for 3 weeks this year. Princess still has great shows, flyons, band on the lido deck by the pool, and great all around entertainment.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Because you PAY for them! Don't you understand that part of your cruise fare is supposed to pay for decent entertainment?

I found that odd as well. It's like going to dinner theatre, saying you didn't like the show, and then be asked why did you go?

Sorry that you dont like my opinion but will give it as I see fit. Feel free to scroll on by it.

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinions and real life experiences with your latest cruise. Always nice to hear about the things that are happening.

On our last few cruises we have been all about the comedy shows.cant wait to see them. It is a bummer that they do not have them every evening, but DW and I will find something to do.

Actually, you don't.

There are many things that are part of a cruise fare. Me (or you if you sailed on Carnival, or Stu - to keep the post relevant) not like or being disappointed with the entertainment is a component to the overall satisfaction of the cruise. For me. it is a very small one. Could they do a better job in the production shows? yes I thought the band entertainment and the band singer (not the production show singer the band singer) on our cruise on the Splendor were very very good.

Edited by jimbo5544

I haven't seen any either, and believe me, if anybody would be all over that, it would be me. LOL ;):D

HA! You said that not me.;) I have been waiting for next years schedule to come out....patiently. But alas, I also wait for more news on the Vista and more.....

I am so happy you brought this up. I just got back from the Pride and was shocked at how terrible the nightly entertainment was. The singers were less than mediocre and the dancing was just a joke.

Most of the dancers must have been in their late 30's and couldn't hit a cue. Everyone hit things a second or so off from one another.

Actually, you don't.

There are many things that are part of a cruise fare. Me (or you if you sailed on Carnival, or Stu - to keep the post relevant) not like or being disappointed with the entertainment is a component to the overall satisfaction of the cruise. For me. it is a very small one. Could they do a better job in the production shows? yes I thought the band entertainment and the band singer (not the production show singer the band singer) on our cruise on the Splendor were very very good.

I disagree. The shows are actually coordinated with the two dinner seatings. The premise was always go for a dinner and a show.

We were on the Conquest for 3 weeks in December and never went to any of the shows in the theater because we seen them on the Breeze and they were awful so why put ourselves through that again. Hasbro 2 nights for a 7 day cruise was a big disappointment.

I agree with Stu and said it after our cruises on the Conquest last year, entertainment on Carnival does not exist anymore.

Entertainment is an important factor when we cruise. This is why we are sailing on Princess for 3 weeks this year. Princess still has great shows, flyons, band on the lido deck by the pool, and great all around entertainment.

I don't go to the main shows. My wife and I simply don't care about them, it doesn't entertain us. You could take me to the best show on the planet and I would probably look at my watch half the time. Would it be more fair to say Main Show Lounge entertainment doesn't exist on Carnival anymore? I have always found plenty of other entertainment on Carnival.

I am so happy you brought this up. I just got back from the Pride and was shocked at how terrible the nightly entertainment was. The singers were less than mediocre and the dancing was just a joke.

Most of the dancers must have been in their late 30's and couldn't hit a cue. Everyone hit things a second or so off from one another.

I agree, Pride's entertainment (and therefore the cruise director) are the worst! Seriously, not only the shows in the main theatre, how much karaoke can you schedule???? The entertainment and activities need to be overhauled! I must say I am a bit disappointed she is coming back to Baltimore. I hope they change out the cruise director which should hopefully offer a new entertainment and activities schedule.

I thought the sunglasses were to be incognito sailing with the famous (I did not say infamous) Golfadj, no?;):)

Sorry not quite that famous or infamous:)

In all seriousness, very bright flashing lights are a very common migraine trigger and IMHO they should remove that from the show.

Actually, you don't.

Some portion of the cruise costs goes toward paying for the entertainment.

Once upon a time if you didnt get to the lounge say 20 minutes before the show you would be sititng up in the balcony well away from the stage. Attendance is down so much you can get a decent seat on the lower level off to the side pretty close to the stage.

Some part of this I would attribute to the decline in quality of the entertainment.

Once upon a time if you didnt get to the lounge say 20 minutes before the show you would be sititng up in the balcony well away from the stage. Attendance is down so much you can get a decent seat on the lower level off to the side pretty close to the stage.

Some part of this I would attribute to the decline in quality of the entertainment.

Show quality aside. Do you think that less attendance could also be effected by the amount of repeat cruisers? As I said in my previous post I don't go to shows, but I cruise frequently enough to see the same shows listed in the Fun Times when I do cruise. If you all have seen the show once do you go back to see it again?

And "once upon a time" there were fewer options of things to do.

Show quality aside. Do you think that less attendance could also be effected by the amount of repeat cruisers? As I said in my previous post I don't go to shows, but I cruise frequently enough to see the same shows listed in the Fun Times when I do cruise. If you all have seen the show once do you go back to see it again?

Very true but as we wander around the ship see lots of blue and red cards.

Some shows we have gone back to numerous times, such as Ticket to Ride.

We did see Epic rock twice last week but dont think we would go see any of the other playlist shows again.

It's amazing how empty it was for the shows on our cruise Stu. I was pretty disappointed with the quality. The cruise director kept making comments about how the screen cost them 1 million dollars or it was a million dollar show - if I wanted to watch a screen with bright colors, I'd go back to my room and watch tv. I had held out hope for the Brits thinking it might be different - but it wasn't. It just isn't the same and the crowd has definetly noticed.