Help

Gin505

I do not have a passport but have always used my birth certificate and drivers ID. Been married for 43 years so last names do not match was never a problem on Carnival heard it may be a problem on Royal Caribbean. I do not know where my marriage certificate is and the cruise was bought last minute and we leave in 6 days not enough time to get one from PA to FL.

Call RCI and ask them this question. They can give you definite answers to your question.

Friends of ours traveled (in August) with something other than a passport. They were okay on ship but if they had to fly home, then they would have had a problem not having an actual passport. I cannot remember what ID they got but they called RCI and the State Dept for information.

If you booked your cruise in the name as it appears on your government ID - it won't matter if yours and your husbands last name is different as long as your ID and Birth certificate match. As someone else mentioned, you will have a problem if you need to fly home from an international port without a passport.

We are going in and out of Cape Canaveral I always used my birth certificate and FL ID and never had a problem I have not been my maiden name for 43 years and most woman are not their birth names either. PA does not have a overnight system for a Marriage Certificate and we leave on Monday. My travel agent said it should not be a problem I hope not.

We are going in and out of Cape Canaveral I always used my birth certificate and FL ID and never had a problem I have not been my maiden name for 43 years and most woman are not their birth names either. PA does not have a overnight system for a Marriage Certificate and we leave on Monday. My travel agent said it should not be a problem I hope not.

I changed my name on birth certificate when I married. And back again when I divorced. What about an expedited name change and new birth certificate? In my county, a week to process and pick up, though. (Allegheny)

I would take anything and everything that can link the names. A souvenir wedding invite? Church bulletin with marriage banns? Do you have access to one of your children's birth certificates with both parent names? No guarantee those would work, obviously. I wish you luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Hubby went to the Miami passport office and got his that day. They did have special rules for pilots allowing them to get them by waiting about 3 hours. This was about 5 years ago and I don't know what the rules are for the general population. I would call them (or your local office) and explain the situation.

You will be fine.

No need to bring all that junk to show them.

They will not even look at it.........

I need to bring some "junk". My minor children with different surnames requires that I show evidence of the name changes. I guess it's why I'm surprised about the OP's travel docs and the leniency. Also, my very first cruise I traveled with my bc and license and was hassled about that by the border agent upon returning. This was in Seattle.

I need to bring some "junk". My minor children with different surnames requires that I show evidence of the name changes. I guess it's why I'm surprised about the OP's travel docs and the leniency. Also, my very first cruise I traveled with my bc and license and was hassled about that by the border agent upon returning. This was in Seattle.

The Op was referring to only herself. That's what I was responding to.

She did not mention bringing a whole bunch of kids with different last names.

Also, who really cares what a border agent thinks when returning.

They can hassle you all they want, but it won't amount to anything.

What is he going to do? Not let you in the country??

The Op was referring to only herself. That's what I was responding to.

She did not mention bringing a whole bunch of kids with different last names.

Also, who really cares what a border agent thinks when returning.

They can hassle you all they want, but it won't amount to anything.

What is he going to do? Not let you in the country??

My point was that it's been easier for me to have all my ducks in a row and not be faced with the additional stress that the OP is facing.

And, yes, I had to get the border agent to get his supervisor on duty to let me into the country.