Wow Wow wow

gaddgie

Just returned from a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. It was fantastic. The food in the MDR was great, every night we managed to eat way more than we should have. The Bars had lots of good entertainment and atmosphere. The shows were amazing, OMG how good were they. We had the Allegrissimo package. It was a challenge to try all the bottled beers but we did our best to get through the card in seven days.

Embarkation ~ We arrived about 2pm and within 30 mins we were on the ship and looking for our cabin. Our luggage arrived about 2 hours later. In my experience that's pretty quick.

The cabin was 12174 an I2 and it was OK for us. Plenty of storage space and nice and quiet. Our cabin attendant was fantastic and kept our room clean and tidy. She always seemed to be available when we needed anything. You have to remember that they have a signal system to ensure that you are not disturbed in your cabin. The signal a small led light just above your cabin door and is activated whenever you put your key card in the slot in your room. You have to put the card in the slot to activate the lights and air con. Air con was adjustable between a narrow range of temps. No probs there it was always the right temp. However the public areas can get a little cold.

Tendering at Grand Cayman and Great Stirrup Cay. ~ No problems, in fact MSC have the best system. You collect a ticket from the Black and White lounge when and only when you are ready to go. Sorry but we were early birds so always seemed to be on the first tender.

MDR Waiters ~ Argoes and Ricki were the best. Funny and efficient all the time.

Would we go on MSC Divina again? In a heartbeat we would. Didn't have any problems and cant believe some of the other reviews. Can only think they were on the same ship but in a different dimension.

Just returned from a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. It was fantastic. The food in the MDR was great, every night we managed to eat way more than we should have. The Bars had lots of good entertainment and atmosphere. The shows were amazing, OMG how good were they. We had the Allegrissimo package. It was a challenge to try all the bottled beers but we did our best to get through the card in seven days.

Embarkation ~ We arrived about 2pm and within 30 mins we were on the ship and looking for our cabin. Our luggage arrived about 2 hours later. In my experience that's pretty quick.

The cabin was 12174 an I2 and it was OK for us. Plenty of storage space and nice and quiet. Our cabin attendant was fantastic and kept our room clean and tidy. She always seemed to be available when we needed anything. You have to remember that they have a signal system to ensure that you are not disturbed in your cabin. The signal a small led light just above your cabin door and is activated whenever you put your key card in the slot in your room. You have to put the card in the slot to activate the lights and air con. Air con was adjustable between a narrow range of temps. No probs there it was always the right temp. However the public areas can get a little cold.

Tendering at Grand Cayman and Great Stirrup Cay. ~ No problems, in fact MSC have the best system. You collect a ticket from the Black and White lounge when and only when you are ready to go. Sorry but we were early birds so always seemed to be on the first tender.

Would we go on MSC Divina again? In a heartbeat we would. Didn't have any problems and cant believe some of the other reviews. Can only think they were on the same ship but in a different dimension.

Thanks for the review Gaddgie!!!! Good to know you had a great time just like we did!!!:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

gaddgie,

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your trip. I'm getting more and more anxious for my turn...like a kid at Christmas. Which is exactly when we will be sailing! :)

Are you on the Divina at Xmas. If so, make sure you add yourself to the Xmas roll call :)

Great you had a good time!

After 2 weeks on the Divina we thought back about all the free food, all the free entertainment, the great new friends we met, and the low drink prices, all on a beautiful ship at such affordable prices, and although no cruise is perfect, we can't understand how anyone can be negative about these truly amazing cruise deals!:D

Happy cruising to you!:)

thanks a lot for the great review. could you comment on the ports and on what excursions (msc or diy) you did?

Hi Plucasana

Let me see.....

Grand Cayman ... we just grabbed a shared Taxi (5USD each)to Calico Jacks and hung out at the beach for a few hours. The beach is fantastic, free wifi. The drinks can be a bit on the expensive side. Cayman Brew Bottled beer 6usd each and to be honest it had no flavour.

Falmouth, Jamaica .... Just had a walk round the port area and had a very quiet afternoon on the ship.

Cozumel... We hired a scooter. First they wanted 45 USD plus 15 Insurance. I offered 30 USD total we settled on 40USD. I just love haggling the price. We went out to one of the private beach clubs and just hung out at the beach. Then rode back teh long way round teh island stopping off at various points. Just be aware if you are going to rent a scooter they will show you a nice shiny new one and then try to rent you the old rust bucket. Stand your ground and insist on the new one. Also take photos of any marks or scratches. Saves any misunderstanding when you return.

Grand Stirrup Quay .. Got a very early tender at 0845 and spent a few hours on the second bay as you walk away from the tender area. Great area to snorkel and relax. Went back to ship for lunch and enjoyed a very quiet ship.

I agree with you completely! May I suggest that you post this review in the "Reviews" section for the ship - it seems only people with a negative agenda are bothering to post there. It might be beneficial to those with upcoming cruises.

I'm so glad you had a great cruise.........I firmly believe the attitude of the cruiser makes the difference too............you sound like a positive person....

We are leaving on the 20th and booked an inside gty for $299 and got a deck 10 balcony...........I'm already sold.....I could eat only pizza all week and be happy......

thanks a lot for the great review. could you comment on the ports and on what excursions (msc or diy) you did?

Excuse our butting in, these are our thoughts after years of Western Caribbean cruises! Hope they help!

Jamaica-we stayed inside the Port and walked around! Most will take an excursion bus to Rose plantation, or to Dunn's River Falls!

Grand Caymans-MSC has an excursion we took to swim with the Rays! Big boat, plenty of room, great excursion for the price!

Cozumel-you will most likely dock downtown, we took a taxi about 6 miles north to a great beach resort location with good food at an affordable price called Buccanos! Taxi cost about $10 each way, and Buccanos cost about $15 for 2! The Buccanos restaurant is so popular with locals on weekend nights that you have to book a table a month in advance!

GSC-we took the tram to and from the Lagoon at the far end of where you get on the island! A beautiful spot, it has a mini buffet, and bar right there, some shade, and a beautiful area to swim that used to be the NCL Ray exhibit until they closed it! The tram is to the left over a foot bridge as you get off the tender! Never gets too busy there!

1505540_670465253012097_451321513_n.jpg

Look to the bottom of photo and you'll see the lagoon!

The tender comes in near the top of the picture!

The tram that goes back and forth is the road on the right of the photo!

Edited by American Bear

Congrats on your cruise!:D

After taking the MSC Spendida a few years ago in the Mediterranean out of Genoa, we swore that we would never set foot on an MSC ship again. The food was awful, the shows short and poor, unfriendly crew, and the prices high. Attracted by the bargain prices for a 7-night cruise and the promise that the Divina was modified to cater to American tastes and expectations, we decided to give MSC a try again. We embarked on the Divina on August 30th in Miami and just returned last week. Well --- the Divina is unlike any other MSC ship. There is a full production show every night, the food is of good quality and tailored to American tastes, the pricing is in US Dollars and reasonable, and the crews are friendly with smiles. My wife says it was her best cruise ever and the production shows far exceed any of the other shows we have seen on our previous 16 cruises. We enjoyed dining in the Galaxy Specialty Restaurant which she raves about. I am now an MSC Divina fan and have booked another trip on the Divina for late 2015 in the Caribbean and Central America. I'll never take MSC in Europe due to the poor food quality that seems to cater to foreign tastes, but highly recommend the Divina in the Caribbean. Give it a try and the discounted prices are great for the balance of the winter 2014/15 season.