Ruby Princess in Norway - Photos

ShipsInBergen

This evening Ruby Princess departed Bergen. I was up on the Askøy bridge as she sailed underneath (with a clearance of just a few metres) and got a few nice photos of her from above, which I've now added to my blog:

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2014/09/ruby-princess.html

I thought these might interest some of you on here. For me it brought back memories of a great cruise on Crown Princess last year :)

Hi There

Thanks for posting, was there just last year, have nice pics looking up the way to the bridge,

For those that do not know the bridge its one were you see it and you start to think will we fit as you get closer you think its going to be close but it always makes a good PIC.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Great photos but the decks are sure empty. Where is everybody enjoying a beautiful sailaway?

I love Bergen, its a beautiful city. First visit was years ago on the old NCL Norway. The ship had mechanical issues and we ended up staying in Bergen 2 1/2+ days while the ship was repaired. Funny that it just happened to be the Captains hometown and couldn't be repaired in any of our other ports. LOL

We were on the port corner aft balcony during sail away from Bergen on that cruise. Would love to see a close up of that 2nd to last shot if possible.

Could you email it to me?

Thanks

It's interesting to hear from so many people who were onboard watching the sailaway from the other point of view.

I'd be happy to send you the picture. If you go on the blog, right-click on the image and select 'open image in new tab' this should give you a full size copy of it. Unfortunately I was only using my camera phone that day, so they are not super clear when you zoom in. There are a batch of very similar photos which I didn't post though, and one of those may be more useful for you. If you send me a message on here with your email address I can send you over the ones I have :)