So what cruise/boat after Allure

Gators86

Going on allure this week!!! Planning on booking another cruise on board if there are good credits issued. Just curious what boat people went to after allure/oasis, and was it a let down or nice to be back on a "regular" size boat. Lol

I went on Allure for my first 3 cruises! After that, my next cruise was Independence. The next one I have booked is Independence again and then Radiance... apparently, I am working in reverse size order!

I love ships, regardless of which one I am on! I do miss the neighbourhood concept when on Independence but it's not a deal breaker - clearly!!

Have a great cruise!

Jo :)

Going on allure this week!!! Planning on booking another cruise on board if there are good credits issued. Just curious what boat people went to after allure/oasis, and was it a let down or nice to be back on a "regular" size boat. Lol

Being an active Cruise Critic poster, I had a real good expectation of what the next cruise after Allure would be like. Of course being empty nesters without kids, we don't have to worry about some things like Adventure Ocean or the other kid stuff.

Allure has had an affect on how we cruise though. Went on it in 2011, loved it, my wife thought it was the best ever. We got invited to go with friends on Jewel, my first on a Radiance class, loved it too, but we booked another cruise on Allure while on Jewel. As timing would have it, I got 3 weeks vacation this year and we could do a southern out of San Juan, so Jewel happened to be there back to Jewel. On that cruise we had a discussion of which was our favorite, my wife saying Allure, I'm thinking I liked Freedom a little better, but its been 7 years, so I insisted we go back on Freedom to refresh my memory. ;). Since we had our 25th anniversary on board our first cruise, I've started looking ahead to our 35th and not much is out there yet (May 2016), but I saw Oasis is sailing the Eastern that week, and when my wife heard CATS is the show she wants that, so that is where we are going. I've kind of wanted to see cats, but didn't want to spend $200 and a couple of hours to see it local. I know this won't be teh same experience, but I'll take the Reader's Digest version.

After Liberty I did Majesty b2b. A couple months after Oasis I did both Rhapsody & Vision. I thought it was an awesome contrast going from huge to smaller, and I had a great time. In fact, that Majesty cruise was one of my favorites... I was so surprised at how much fun I had on the ship itself yet just coming off the Liberty. I think any ship will be great for you.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise! :D

We did the Allure for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was a blast! Beautiful ship, lots and lots to do. The "Chef" chased a ""Turkey" all over the ship all day, where-ever you were here they came. Bingo, trivia, pool, main street. It was so funny! Too many activities and too little time.

We had a Central Park balcony room, and it is my only regret. Should have taken an ocean view balcony or even just ocean view. There are not a lot of places onboard where you can sit and watch the water going by. No view from the dining rooms or shops even.

You can barely feel a bobble on the Allure, so it's more like being in a hotel than on a ship. I like to see the ocean.

Since then, we've done about 6 cruises all on smaller ships and have had great experiences. But I would go back on the Allure- just not willing to pay the higher prices they are getting for her.

A boat. It what you get on when the ship is sinking!

Don't be so tough on people regarding nautical terms.

Boat is a general term for any watercraft. Ship is a specific term to indicate a very large vessel. Yes a boat will usually fit inside a ship, but disney had a cruise ship called - the big red boat!

I've been on the water all my life. I know the diff between a boat and ship. But if it floats, it's a boat. I'm not pretentious enough to point out the difference to someone that uses the wrong nautical term.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Just curious how everyone's experience was on their next SHIP. Lol

We loved the Allure, so we then went on the Oasis to see different shows and to bring my loved ones to experience the ship. If you like new ships or afraid you'll be disappointed go on the Quantum/Anthem and you'll have good sightseeing before your cruise. Well, don't know where you're from:rolleyes: Just remember RCCL use to give you 100.00 obc to book a future cruise, now it's only 25.00 obc if you haven't picked the date. But still 100.00 if you do have a date/ship in mind. I'm also sure you'll love the class below the Oasis/Allure

We have just returned from Allure a few days ago and while we had an absolutely fantastic time and it is an amazing ship we preferred Independence. Just a personal thing but you can walk right round the top decks on Independence but not possible on Allure. Couldn't fault the service on either ship....RCC should be very proud of their crews.

I've alternated between Oasis and Freedom class ships without too much trouble. I enjoyed my cruises on Freedom and Independence of the Seas just as I enjoyed my ones on Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

The one combination I didn't like was consecutive cruises between Freedom of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas. That was too much of a downward adjustment for me as part of one vacation. I think would have been much better to sail Monarch first and then go up to Freedom, but their respective schedules didn't permit that combination consecutively.

It was a let down for us..Big time..We went on allure then busted down to freedom class and it was a big letdown.Going on oasis next cruise.Thats just our experience.

Wow, that really leaves you with some very limited choices and some very limited itineraries then.

Did you never cruise before Oasis or Allure? :confused:

We did Allure this past Nov and Grandeur in March. From the biggest to small. No issues. We don't need a million different things to do to enjoy a cruise. In some ways, the smaller ships are better because we get to know our fellow cruisers better since we run into the same people more often. We still have a deck to sit and read on, plenty of food, shows, etc. They're just different, but that doesn't mean one is better to us.