P&O Flag

lake5298

Don't care what they do to the flag as long as they don't paint all over the bow of a ship. Looks bloody awful.

It could be worse jeanlyon, it could be like the Aida ships!

To be honest, I'm probably in the minority as I actually quite like the P&O bow flag. Its bold, modern and has patriotic overtones.

Sent from my XT890 using Forums mobile app

It could be worse jeanlyon, it could be like the Aida ships!

To be honest, I'm probably in the minority as I actually quite like the P&O bow flag. Its bold, modern and has patriotic overtones.

Sent from my XT890 using Forums mobile app

I'm in the minority too.

It was the flag of the United Kingdom and so cannot stay the same if Scotland are not part of it.

As has been pointed out, the Scottish blue came into the flag about 100 years before Scotland joined with England and Wales to form the UK. So it's would hardly be necessary to cross it out if Scotland left the UK.

As has been pointed out, the Scottish blue came into the flag about 100 years before Scotland joined with England and Wales to form the UK. So it's would hardly be necessary to cross it out if Scotland left the UK.

Do you think there will be another referendum?:confused:

Now on post 39 and discussing the proposed bow decoration, so it's you 'stirring the politics pot'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will now return my posts back to the bow decoration having been told off twice by my fellow posters :o;)

I hate the new design for the front of those beautiful ships and think anyone who has anything to do with it should walk the plank (if they have one).

I also think that it is unfair that the Welsh flag doesn't seem to be represented in the Union Jack / front of the ship design

;-)

Edited by Presto2

I have to admit - it looks better on the photos than on the images we've seen.

I'll take it all back - it comes across as being more stylish than I thought and not at all tacky.

:)

I think it looks great- we should celebrate our flag at EVERY opportunity - especially in the current climate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It has the same feel that British Airways has with the flag. (I'm not a lover of BA, but the flag on the tail always looks good!)

I suppose that P&O need to sell themselves for what they are - a British cruise line with all the tradition that this brings with it.

Not sure how many days now, but we can't wait to board Britannia - I just hope that they get a good Godmother for her now.

:)