Inside guarantee z or q

Those alphabetical designations are assigned to the location of the cabin on the ship.

For instance, "Q" type cabins might be on decks 2, 3, and 4. They may be cabins that are generally located in the front or aft of the ship. A category "Z" cabin may be only located on deck 4 and are mid-ship inside cabins.

In any instance, it's the luck of the draw of where your cabin may be located and may not be assigned until you check in at the pier.

On allure, the Q's are smaller inside cabins than the standard inside cabin. They are on multiple floors and are near the rear elevator bank many times. They show up on floor plans. The Z I'm not sure but I think its just a generic guarantee category that means you are just guaranteed an inside room, but they will end up putting you in any inside room thats left over.

If you have both Q and Z as guarantee categories available, and usually the Z is cheaper, there's no reason to book the Q because the worst that you can get from the Z category is a Q. You might as well save a few dollars.

Edited by Daghis

Cat Z: Interior Gty

Cat Y: Oceanview Gty

Cat X: Balcony Gty

Cat W: Suite Gty

The CAT Z is a 'Run of Ship' guarantee, there are no CAT Z staterooms. You will get a CAT Q or higher. And a CAT Q gty is an Inside gty that guarantees at least a CAT Q.

Friends of mine booked a CAT Z, and were able to upgrade to a CAT X (balcony gty!) during a sale. :cool: