first night discount when staying in aqua class

jerseycandyman

does anyone know how much of a discount they give you the first night on a cruise for specialty restaurants when staying in aqua class last oct it was 50% also as the first night is my wifes birthday can I book in advance and still get discount thanks john

As I understand it (we too will be sailing Aqua on an upcoming cruise)

The 50% Discount... When offered, is only valid the first night to try and up the sales in the Specialty Restaurants... And only if there are a lot of Pax allotted for Blu (Aqua Class) ... And Suites are also full (until the Suite Class DR is opened in Spring 2015... A lot of Suite Pax enjoy Blu over the MDR, and so request it)

As things are a bit crazy on E-Day, by offering discounts, Celebrity finds a way to redistribute the load that first night from a venue more in demand to one that is lesser so

But there are no guarantees such an offer will be made to Guests of Blu

There is often however a smaller discount offered to all Celebrity Pax for Specialty Dining on the first night... If reservations are low

And in all cases... These discounts are only offered aboard. So no unfortunately you cannot prebook them

If Dining in a Specialty Restaurant is important to you on a specific evening... I suggest you book it.

It would suck to miss out IMO

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you book it and they offer 50% off! they will usually give you an OBC for the 50% if you ask for it. The 50% offer is almost always made on the reflection due to blu crowding....and is a little more bit or miss on the other ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you wait to book and you don't get a discount offer in your room, you can go to the specialty restaurant immediately and ask if they would offer a discount for that evening. You might tell them you are in Blu. I'm pretty sure they will give you one, one way or the other. They are usually not full the first night.

On our transatlantic in April, they offered 50% the first night and 20-30% several other nights of the vogue. I am counting on it this next April..

I don't think it matters what type of cabin you're in, as they offered us same discounts past two three cruises, twice we were in concierge class, other time a suite

Summit in May...

We booked Qsine several weeks ahead, when they were offering a 20% discount for booking a specialty restaurant for the first night. It was charged to our credit card (normal procedure). We paid the full price, and told we would get the 20% back in OBC.

We upgraded to Aqua Class at the last minute (4 days before sailing, I think). When we got into our cabin there was a coupon for 50% off a specialty restaurant on the first night.

We spoke to guest services, as to whether we could still get the 50% off, even though we were already booked. They told us to talk to the maitre d' in Qsine, we did, showed him the coupon. Everyone seemed to think it was no problem.

We were then billed for Qsine for the 50% off rate. But we had prepaid the full price for Qsine. So now we've paid 1.5 times for our dinner.

Several trips to guest services, more charges to our account (rather than refunds), showed them the printout of the confirmation, explained the sequence of events several times. They finally figured it out and (I think) refunded us the right amount. The last night, I was looking over our printout trying to reconcile it...

Qsine was empty, btw.

My advice would be to not book. You shouldn't have a problem getting into a specialty restaurant on the first night. And it seems likely that you will have a coupon in your stateroom.

The first night of our last cruise was a special occasion. We attempted to book in Tuscan were told only silk harvest had a reservation after asking a third time over a couple of hours we got into Tuscan. We were grateful as not silk harvest fans. Served by a waiter in training and sat at the only table left. Also was grateful to matre d and the new waiter.

That said, afterwards we noticed later the menu the first night in Blu was one of our favorites.

It was the first time we noticed first night so busy in specialty resturants. I think it is a good policy for them to get people who may enjoy them to visit sooner rather than later.

I agree with gi Pam...I would not risk a billing issue, had enough to realize resolution takes precious moments away from vacation. They have always been solved but not without tenacity.

We've done the 50% off first night at Murano on Silhouette and enjoyed it, but also discovered first night menu in BLU is very good. Menus and sequences are posted somewhere..had a link on our roll call. Next time, we'll try our luck in BLU on Reflection.

OP: for a b-day Celebration on first night....Murano will be perfect!

On the 10 night Greek Islands cruise on the Reflection, I booked the restaurants that I wanted for certain night and times. As soon as I boarded the ship, went straight to guest services to have them refund for 20% off first night and to have 3 other restaurants as a package to get refunds for those two. It took them no more than 5 minutes. I had wanted to book as package before boarding ship, but only very late time slots were offered. (Very nice person at guest services said that was done deliberately to get the later times booked in advance). But this way I got the times and days that I wanted at the cheapest price. Also I went to Blu to look at the menus- decided to swtich a day for Murano- had no probem doing so. So it does take some strategy!