Passport Renewal FYI

Janet524

My DD's child US passport expired 9/1 so she had to get a new one (she is 18YO so she went from child to adult -- technically with a child passport you do not "renew", you re-apply). She applied (in person at local Post Office) on 8/15, it came in mail on 9/4. Processed through New Orleans.

FYI...Sent in application for DH passport renewal on August 20. Received new passport today. Less than 4 weeks to process. Just thought some of you might be interested in the timing.

What was the cost and did you mail directly or thu the Post Office.

What was the cost and did you mail directly or thu the Post Office.

I paid the standard renewal fee of $110 and sent the application via regular mail. I did not pay anything additional so it came via standard routing: US mail - 2 Day Priority.

Dog ate mine, New one in less than three weeks. They would not mail back destroyed one, that was disappointing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

"The dog ate my passport." Hmmm, is that the cruiser's equivalent of "The dog ate my homework"? :D

another FYI, we also renewed this year but were not due for 2 yrs. we were out of pages--you can now get more pages, think 52 when you renew, just check the box for more pages--

we could have sent in passports to have pages added for $80 or renew for $110--

another FYI, we also renewed this year but were not due for 2 yrs. we were out of pages--you can now get more pages, think 52 when you renew, just check the box for more pages--

we could have sent in passports to have pages added for $80 or renew for $110--

That is certainly an exciting and worthwhile reason to have to renew your passport. How Fun! :D:):D

My DH, younger DS and myself sent ours on 8/25 and got all 3 today, 9/15. My older DS sent his 8/29 and got it on 9/12, so his was just 2 weeks! All 4 were new applications as none of us have ever had passports before we all went "standard". I was impressed at how quickly they processed and VERY grateful since we cruise on 10/12!