Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

That was me until most recent cruise -- on the Kids Menu, there is a "brownie sundae" -- it's basically a brownie with a (smallish) scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Ask for a "double/double" one and they'll bring you 2 brownies with 2 scoops and it resembles an adult sized dessert. Brownies are soft, fresh and nut-free. Wish I knew about this YEARS ago !! Way better than the "adult" desserts !!

We have that dessert quite often. They call it the Mini Brownie Madness.

1. A pool side grill for FRESH cooked burgers and hot dogs. Sorry but the trays of cooked hamburgers in the Windjammer just don't look appetizing.

2. Better biscuits in the WJ. Can it really be that difficult to make a softer, fluffier biscuit?

Better bread in the MDR.

It used to be that there were different offerings each night. Now, it is the same every single night on every single ship. Totally standardized. No dark breads; no whole grains.

The ones that they offer are tasty, but no variety.

Bring back variety!

:)

Better bread in the MDR.

It used to be that there were different offerings each night. Now, it is the same every single night on every single ship. Totally standardized. No dark breads; no whole grains.

The ones that they offer are tasty, but no variety.

Bring back variety!

You're right, forgot about that. No more cornbread night either!

Flavorful, higher quality food cooked with less salt and fat would really be a plus.

More variety of fish/shellfish dishes and veggie/fruit salads would put a smile on my face.

A hot meal that's and not lukewarm would have me cleaning my plate.

Top the above off with some decent decafe coffee and better desserts and all of my pearlie whites would be showing before reaching the dining room.

Better desserts.

I have to say on our last Explorer cruise, I found the MDR desserts better than 2012 on Liberty

The carrot cake and the Chocolate Sensation were DEE-LISH !! And not tiny portions either ... loved both of those !

I do avoid those jiggly weird sugar-free desserts tho! LOL

I had the room service "bistro" burger on the Freedom twice last week and they were OUTSTANDINGLY DELICIOUS.

Thanks for that, we've never had the bistro burger, but will make a point to try it next time.:)

. Sorry but the trays of cooked hamburgers in the Windjammer just don't look appetizing.

Most disgusting thing in the Windjammer. I really wonder if thats even beef. They are not even of bubba burger quality. And that vat of grease they float in is just repulsive.

I have heard good things about the MDR burger for lunch and the room service burger so I have to wonder since RCI can serve a wonderful "FREE" burger in the MDR and through room service, why cant they serve better burgers in the Windjammer? :confused:

Edited by ryano

I had the room service "bistro" burger on the Freedom twice last week and they were OUTSTANDINGLY DELICIOUS.

I will have to try that :) Ive yet to order from room service but sometimes I just want a decent burger and may not feel like going to Johnny Rockets.

Edible desserts (this is across the board on all lines that I have sailed). Cruise ship chefs are :confused: about making a cheesecake!

I would like more "normal" food. They lines are always trying to make the meals "fancy" and it results in them being gross. I'd rather have a good quality nicely seasoned steak and mashed potatoes than a low quality steak attempting to masked with some nasty sauce and some other things just thrown in for good measure. And don't stack my food on top of each other.

Also, add baked potato soup. Yum!

Most disgusting thing in the Windjammer. I really wonder if thats even beef. They are not even of bubba burger quality. And that vat of grease they float in is just repulsive.

I have heard good things about the MDR burger for lunch and the room service burger so I have to wonder since RCI can serve a wonderful "FREE" burger in the MDR and through room service, why cant they serve better burgers in the Windjammer? :confused:

Call me weird, but I loved the WJ burgers. They had a yummy caramelized onion sauce on them.

Personally, I would like to see an improvement on the tea and vegetarian dishes. The iced tea is nasty! I really want some southern sweet tea. Also, the vegetarian dishes are kinda meh. They need something like the pan seared tofu on Carnival.

Maybe someone should make a word doc of this and send it to RCI?!

I would like to see the Greek Salad in the Windjammer for lunch every day!

This has always been one thing that was consistently excellent across the fleet.

On our most recent 10 night Bermuda Cruise it was only served 3 times at lunch and once without the Feta Cheese!

I do agree here ... steam pans filled with barely gray little hockey puck burger patties with a few shreds of steamed onions ... floating in some sort of yellow-ish fluid ... no tanx!!

I think other than some of the speciality restaurants and the MDR for breakfast and lunch which are great (do not like MDR for dinner) the food is pretty bad. I love Royal so much but the food in general needs massive improvements. I find very little to be enjoyable in the food area outside of Chops on every ship I've been on, 150 Central Park on Allure/oasis and the hot dog stand on the Allure. I am not a fan of Giovanni's, the Seafood shack, Rita's, Johnny Rockets or Izumi and I find Portofino kind of blah (although my DH loves it). I think a teppenyki place would be great and we would know everything we are getting is fresh! I agree about the cheesecake as well, would love a traditional delish cheesecake and warm cookies and bread. Would also love a Mexican restaurant that did fresh guacamole. Better pizza and a grill by the pool freshly BBQing chicken, ribs, hotdogs, burgers, etc... Would also be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by thebooth

I think other than some of the speciality restaurants and the MDR for breakfast and lunch which are great (do not like MDR for dinner) the food is pretty bad. I love Royal so much but the food in general needs massive improvements. I find very little to be enjoyable in the food area outside of Chops on every ship I've been on, 150 Central Park on Allure/oasis and the hot dog stand on the Allure. I am not a fan of Giovanni's, the Seafood shack, Rita's, Johnny Rockets or Izumi and I find Portofino kind of blah (although my DH loves it). I think a teppenyki place would be great and we would know everything we are getting is fresh! I agree about the cheesecake as well, would love a traditional delish cheesecake and warm cookies and bread. Would also love a Mexican restaurant that did fresh guacamole. Better pizza and a grill by the pool freshly BBQing chicken, ribs, hotdogs, burgers, etc... Would also be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am just curious what restaurants do you like and feel are good when you are home?

Edible desserts (this is across the board on all lines that I have sailed). Cruise ship chefs are :confused: about making a cheesecake!

I would like more "normal" food. They lines are always trying to make the meals "fancy" and it results in them being gross. I'd rather have a good quality nicely seasoned steak and mashed potatoes than a low quality steak attempting to masked with some nasty sauce and some other things just thrown in for good measure. And don't stack my food on top of each other.

Also, add baked potato soup. Yum!

Good baked potato soup is YUMMY..... I haven't had that in a long time, and 'feel good' item from my childhood.