Orleanscruiser

More picture from Candlewood suites Secaucus NJ

2rqloo3.jpg

PICTURE OF PORT IMPERIAL

23vgu1z.jpg

2nsyob5.jpg

WATER TAXI OR FERRY ON THE HUDSON

e8x3wp.jpg

VIEW FROM 39TH STREET ( WALKING DISTANCE TO SHIP) A 5 MINUTES WALK FROM 39TH TO THE SHIP

nxw2ec.jpg

1zqsjv4.jpg

Edited by Orleanscruiser

• 1 year later...
Good evening 138east

Just came back from our cruise on the gem (Oct 27 to Nov 7)

We arrived at Candlewood suite (279 Secaucus road ) Saturday night the building is fairly new and well kept . On Monday morning we called Secaucus taxi to arrange for a taxi to go to Port Imperial. The driver arrived at 9:30 am as agreed 10 minutes drive to Port Imperial. Purchased return ticket for the ferry, waited 5 minutes and we crossed the Hudson in less than 5 minutes.

We went to 39th St and Lincoln tunnel. It's a 5 minutes walk to the ship. The weather was great so we walked to the ship. We arrived around 10:15 am.

Here's a breakdown of the cost to park the car at the Hotel during our cruise

Hotel for 1 night = $155.00 tax in

parking for 2 weeks (October 27 to Nov 7 ) = $0.00

Taxi from 279 Secaucus rd to port imperial = $30.00

cost of ferry 2 persons @ $9.00 = $18.00

return from cruise Nov 7

Cost of ferry 2 persons @ $9.00 ea - $18.00

taxi service from port Imperial to hotel =$25.00

total = $246.00

Now lets compare with leaving the car at the pier 88

1 night at Hotel (assuming you stay one night before cruise) =155.00

toll road for tunnel =$13.00

parking for 11 days (flat fee ) =$400.00

total $568.00

there is a difference of 322.00

That's a saving of $322.00

here's the website for Candlewood suites

https://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/secaucus/nycnj/hoteldetail?qRef=sr&qDest=Jersey+City%2C+NJ%2C+United+States&qRpn=1&qChld=0&qSrt=sDD&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qGRM=0&qLng=-74.0781&qRdU=1&qRms=1&srb_u=1&qAdlt=2&qPSt=0&qRtP=6CBARC&qCiMy=102014&qCoD=10&qLat=40.7281&qCiD=09&qCoMy=102014&qRRSrt=rt&qRad=30&qRpp=10&qBrs=ic.cp.in.vn.hi.ex.rs.cv.sb.cw.ul.6c&qWch=0

click on hotel package

CRUISING WITH EASE

CRUISING WITH EASE PACKAGE INCLUDES FREE PARKING FOR 1 VEHICLE FOR UP TO 10 NIGHTS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR STAY.

The ship was a sellout 2400 passenger I noticed the parking at the pier was half full when we came back from the cruise.

Firstly thank you for coming back to post. Our cruise is 11 days so would the hotel allow us to park for 11 or just 10 per your comment above. Also we are travelling with a 7 yr old and our luggage. Is it difficult to lug everything to do the car service plus the ferry? I'm a bit confused on the car service/ferry deal. Although I think we are going to totally different piers so that might make a huge difference. I'm not sure of the pier name but I believe it's in Manhattan, will this hotel still work for such an amazing price?

Firstly thank you for coming back to post. Our cruise is 11 days so would the hotel allow us to park for 11 or just 10 per your comment above. Also we are travelling with a 7 yr old and our luggage. Is it difficult to lug everything to do the car service plus the ferry? I'm a bit confused on the car service/ferry deal. Although I think we are going to totally different piers so that might make a huge difference. I'm not sure of the pier name but I believe it's in Manhattan, will this hotel still work for such an amazing price?

This thread is over a year old. Things change and prices go up, so you would have to check this out.

You're also asking about the Hilton Garden package which IMO would work better for you with a child and is about the same price. The Hilton Garden is further north with good access to the George Washington Bridge. They offer round trip car service transportation to the pier at a good price. This is because the car service knows how to get across the bridge better if there's traffic and they scoot off at the very first exit, which is the Henry Hudson Parkway/West Side Highway going directly to the Manhattan Cruiseport with no city street driving. There's really no reason to mess with the ferry and walking to the pier unless you're parking your car at the Port Imperial ferry for $16/day.

You're also coming from Canada. The best route would take you across the GW Bridge and the Hilton Gardens would be right there in Ridgefield.

Thanks Carol. I've read many of your posts and you give tons of information and are very helpful. I'm going to wait for the other cruiser to come back with her review to confirm and then I will book. We are still trying to decide if we are going to drive or fly part way. I'm nervous about getting to the hotel.