Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

Dont believe they have ever based a new ship in NY and dont think they will start now.

New youk got almost three in a row. Triumph, victory and Legend. Then a pause and resumed with the Miracle.

Edited by TPFKAH

New youk got almost three in a row. Triumph, victory and Legend. Then a pause and resumed with the Miracle.

Those are "small" ships compared to the size the Vista will be. I don't think the NY piers could hold a larger ship. I seem to remember problems with the Dream docking here....

Those are "small" ships compared to the size the Vista will be. I don't think the NY piers could hold a larger ship. I seem to remember problems with the Dream docking here....

Isn't the Norwegian Breakaway?

Anyway I think it will wind up in Miami :rolleyes:

Maybe they will move the Breeze to NY. Nah that won't happen either. lol

Would much rather have an IMAX than friggin bumper cars. BUMPER CARS??? Who was the brainiac that came up with THAT waste of space.

Some who would enjoy the bumper cars may find the IMAX to be a "waste of space," as you describe. Everyone has their own idea of an enjoyable vacation.

Edited by Disconnections

Some who would enjoy the bumper cars may find the IMAX to be a "waste of space," as you describe. Everyone has their own idea of an enjoyable vacation.

At least with an IMAX the shows will change every so often. Bumper cars would seem to fit better on Carnival since it is a carnival ride. Maybe the Tilt-a -whirl will be coming soon.....let's hope not.

They can install an IMAX screen and the sound system in the area where a main theater would go....no problems....and use it as a double venue.

As far as the seats moving....that's a DBOX theater.

Can't wait for for "official" information. Would love to cruise on her for the inaugural season!

Edited by evanAction

They can install an IMAX screen and the sound system in the area where a main theater would go....no problems....and use it as a double venue.

As far as the seats moving....that's a DBOX theater.

Can't wait for for "official" information. Would love to cruise on her for the inaugural season!

If only the IMAX theater turns into the nightclub and has Hasbro, Carnival Legends, Game Show Mania and the Love & Marriage show a la Carnival Sunshine.

Isn't the Norwegian Breakaway?

Anyway I think it will wind up in Miami :rolleyes:

Maybe they will move the Breeze to NY. Nah that won't happen either. lol

My bet is the big easy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

At least with an IMAX the shows will change every so often. Bumper cars would seem to fit better on Carnival since it is a carnival ride. Maybe the Tilt-a -whirl will be coming soon.....let's hope not.

That's royal thing now

My sources are telling me it will be based out of Cleveland, OH on Lake Erie. Ports of Call will be Buffalo, NY; Erie, PA; Toledo, OH; and the jewel of the upper midwest, Sandusky, OH.

Sandusky, maybe they will rename it Tommy Boy.

I'm holding out for an official press release but it's fun to speculate. It'll be interesting to see whose speculations were accurate/inaccurate.:rolleyes:

You're right, Cameron. It will be interesting to see how Carnival plans to design their new ship's class. I bet you're excited to sail on the Carnival Vista! Are you going to try to sail the Carnival Vista during its inaugural season?

The Dream's design made it an issue to dock in new, as well as San Juan. Not the size. In fact, they eventually had to take down a piece of art down from the pier in San Juan. The ship had to drop life boats in order for it to dock.

In New York, they had to use deck zero to get on and off the ship.

And even the QM2 could dock in Manhattan. It was the length of her that was an issue, putting her butt into the open waters past the pier. They solved that by moving her to Red Hook

Even the big Royal Caribbean ships could dock comfortably in New York, but moved to Bayonne.

The Dream's design made it an issue to dock in new, as well as San Juan. Not the size. In fact, they eventually had to take down a piece of art down from the pier in San Juan. The ship had to drop life boats in order for it to dock.

And even the QM2 could dock in Manhattan. It was the length of her that was an issue, putting her butt into the open waters past the pier. They solved that by moving her to Red Hook

Even the big Royal Caribbean ships could dock comfortably in New York, but moved to Bayonne.

Several ports needed modification to accommodate the Leviathans of the Seas.

So what if they used Deck 0 to disembark? That is easier than negotiating the typical zigzag gangways including the one in New York.

Several ports needed modification to accommodate the Leviathans of the Seas.

So what if they used Deck 0 to disembark? That is easier than negotiating the typical zigzag gangways including the one in New York.

I was stating facts. I could not have cared less what deck passengers on a ship I was not on got on and off.

While true (we were in New York for the naming ceremony and sleepover and had to enter and exit on deck 0), what is your point?