Oasis deck plans now updated on the UK website

AdamKnows

Sounds like they are both changing.

That's correct. Cupcake Cupboard is being moved from the Promenade. Where it's going...not sure. Possibly Central Park (Coach Store spot), Boardwalk , or possibly combined with something else. Seafood Shack will become Sabor. Donut Shop becomes the Doghouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's correct. Cupcake Cupboard is being moved from the Promenade. Where it's going...not sure. Possibly Central Park (Coach Store spot), Boardwalk , or possibly combined with something else. Seafood Shack will become Sabor. Donut Shop becomes the Doghouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The revenue places mentioned (Coach store, Cupcake Cupboard, Seafood Shack) are all places we've seen very little activity happening when on board. Not surprising that rather than try to make these work, they are being eliminated.

Seafood Shack was not that great. We ate at Sabor on the Navigator and found it to be very good! The Doghouse has been a hit on every ship we've sailed once including those added during the revitalization campaign. It is always busy. We've seen a few people in the Cupcake Cupboard. This seemed to have been a fad about the time the Oasis was built, and it's not so much anymore. So out it goes. Every time I've ever been in the Coach store, you could hear crickets.

Feel badly for those who have booked the Boardwalk balcony cabins close to the secret balcony, only to have been changed.

Can't wait to see all of the new changes.

Over the last couple months I have used a couple sites that track cabins and suites for availability for out of the USA travelers.

I have also used one of the frequently used sites.

(Iknow we are not allowed to name here)

So far they are not showing the cabin changes.............

Eagerly awaiting what the new plans will be.

Sea Ya

I read somewhere on CC that the Donut shop is moving from its current location to a kiosk-type stand in the middle of the Boardwalk, and that the Doghouse is taking the place of the actual "store" where the Donut shop was housed. That's what it looks like on the deck plan above as well. That would jive with something I remember reading on another thread.

In what way would Sabor fit the Boardwalk theme as well as Rita's does? Never thought that made sense to me.

I was not thinking theme, I was thinking they would want a more successful restaurant than Rita's.

I read somewhere on CC that the Donut shop is moving from its current location to a kiosk-type stand in the middle of the Boardwalk, and that the Doghouse is taking the place of the actual "store" where the Donut shop was housed. That's what it looks like on the deck plan above as well. That would jive with something I remember reading on another thread.

The donut shop was simply a hole in the wall that held 8 trays of various donut varieties--it is not an actual room. Unless they tear a wall down or simply build counters where the donut tables are presently located.

Ok so nix everything you all thought about this supposed "updated deckplan". After digging around in the image's URL, it is quite obviously that these are actually Allure deckplans. Long story short, when you bring up the image by its direct URL (see below), you can simply manipulate the text to find the deck of your choice. In this case, replace the "4" with a "1" and the "06" with a "03", and presto, you get the image for deck three...

[]https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/travelbox/tbx_images/cruise_images/RoyalCaribbeanInternational/68_4_al_deck06_v2015_apr.gif[/url[]

...buuuuuut, when you get there, you see an obvious problem: Adagio Dining Room...a.k.a., Allure of the Seas. This discovery makes even more sense when you look at the original URL and see "al_deck06", in which "al" is likely the abbreviation for Allure.

Now I've tried looking for an Oasis counterpart, but no luck yet. So for now, that 100% squashes the debate as to the accuracy of these "updated" deck plans :cool: Carry on.

Edited by joeski27

Sorry for asking-but is it moving somewhere else?

Nothing official from Royal, but a few people have talked to officers on board and reported it being moved. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think it was going to one of the dining room wings.

Guess its their ship and they can run it their own way, but I don't see why they don't show plans post renovation for people selecting cruises and cabins after that date so one could make an informed choice on ship/cruise/cabin they select. You know those plans and equipment required would have to be known months if not a year or so in advance. Think it would be fairer to their customers.

Ok so nix everything you all thought about this supposed "updated deckplan". After digging around in the image's URL, it is quite obviously that these are actually Allure deckplans. Long story short, when you bring up the image by its direct URL (see below), you can simply manipulate the text to find the deck of your choice. In this case, replace the "4" with a "1" and the "06" with a "03", and presto, you get the image for deck three...

[]https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/travelbox/tbx_images/cruise_images/RoyalCaribbeanInternational/68_4_al_deck06_v2015_apr.gif[/url[]

...buuuuuut, when you get there, you see an obvious problem: Adagio Dining Room...a.k.a., Allure of the Seas. This discovery makes even more sense when you look at the original URL and see "al_deck06", in which "al" is likely the abbreviation for Allure.

Now I've tried looking for an Oasis counterpart, but no luck yet. So for now, that 100% squashes the debate as to the accuracy of these "updated" deck plans :cool: Carry on.

Yes 100% correct AL is RCI's code for Allure, OA being Oasis's code. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Merion Mom they would never mess up their web site! :-) I'm on the November 1st sailing. I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate this information is. Knowing my luck they are really adding a McDonalds and Burger King to the Boardwalk.

We'll see you on the Nov 1st sailing! :D

I wrote to Royal and also posted on their twitter site my concerns. We are traveling on the 3rd trip after the TA. I was told the only change that would effect my trip would be the change from Hairspray to CATS.

Really, Royal? This made me shake my head. :rolleyes: Don't think those who have posted about being booted from the last two cabins furthest aft in a Boardwalk Balcony will only be affected by an entertainment change.

Thanks for the info.