If you could add a feature to a ship, what would you add?

txflood33

Good idea A2Mich. No one would be suspicious of an innocent phone booth particularly on Cunard or Royal Caribbean with all the quirky props floating around on their ships.

That would be terrific, who needs traveling through the galaxies when you can just cruise from ship to ship, maybe some of the classic liners while you're at it.

Jonathan

It's a police box, not a phone booth. :)

I have to go with the enforce the dress code for the MDR on formal nights. I agree not everybody wants or likes to dress up but then don't eat in the MDR. We've been to resorts where the dress code was enforced and people were turned away. We love the Crows Nest were you can look out over the bow. Some cruise lines may not have a bar at the front but they do have a bar high up further back overlooking the bow.

Allan & Marlane

Id go for that and if you're back to the start of your cruise then you'd have clean clothes wouldnt you .. after all you're back in time'!

Also would appreciate enforcement of dress codes in MDR on more ships. Dont appreciate hoodies in the MDR. I wouldnt go to a nice restaurant at night where that was the norm but had to view a scruffy older person on a Carnival ship. The MD did thank us (unsolicited) for our standard of dress which doesnt have to be expensive.

I can't think of any features I'd add. But some recent additions I'd take away. ;) For example: MUTS (Princess), water slides (Carnival), canned music everywhere (Celebrity), the recent proliferation of areas on certain decks that are only available at extra cost, etc.

Edited by cruisemom42

MUTS would be OK if the picture resolution was closer to what most TVs these days and the sound levels managed a bit. I am sure it could be off for an hour or two here and there.

I would like a flower shop rather than just basically doing mail order to get flowers for the cabin. I envision something the size of a phone booth or a deep wall display case which opens up with somebody there to talk to and build your arrangement.

I wish we could get a small behind the scenes tour without a small fortune. Princess thinks it has to be all kinds of areas of the ship and you get a cocktail party and a bathrobe. KISS.

Parrots and other birds on display. Some life along with the plants around the covered pools.

You asked.

M

I'd be all for the lazy river-especially if it was along the edge so we could see the ocean as well!

I would like to see those horrid balcony chairs replaced with the swinging hammock like chairs. Just relaxing looking out at the ocean, swaying with the breeze.

Megan

I'd be all for the lazy river-especially if it was along the edge so we could see the ocean as well!

I would like to see those horrid balcony chairs replaced with the swinging hammock like chairs. Just relaxing looking out at the ocean, swaying with the breeze.

Megan

peterwater_zpsee54b3a4.jpg

I love the idea of the underwater observatory. It would be perfect with the library in the same room.

What I would like most is a curtain in all cabins that have the sofa sleeper for kids. Just that little bit of privacy to read a book after the kids are in bed, would be amazing and it's very low cost for the cruise lines. Also, small single cabins for friends/family who are single, widowed, etc.

One of those crazy vending machines with rotating trays. Put your card in and get whatever you want: a purse, cold medicine, leather jacket, excursion tickets, etc. there is nothing worse than the gift shop being closed and you need cough drops or a nice purse for formal night, because you forgot yours at home.

MUTS would be OK if the picture resolution was closer to what most TVs these days and the sound levels managed a bit. I am sure it could be off for an hour or two here and there.

I would like a flower shop rather than just basically doing mail order to get flowers for the cabin. I envision something the size of a phone booth or a deep wall display case which opens up with somebody there to talk to and build your arrangement.

I wish we could get a small behind the scenes tour without a small fortune. Princess thinks it has to be all kinds of areas of the ship and you get a cocktail party and a bathrobe. KISS.

Parrots and other birds on display. Some life along with the plants around the covered pools.

You asked.

M

Oooh, think there might be some ethical issues with that one! And you know parrots live for 50 or more years -- they would outlive the ship, by a long shot!

I Love MUTS but only at night. I wish Celebrity ships had MUTS.

Nope, nope, nope. And in case I am being too vague, NOPE!

If Celebrity stoops to having one of those *#@&$* MUTS screens on their ships, I'm shipping out. I have zero need to be entertained every minute of every day of every week. My one cruise on Princess was my last. MUTS was so intrusive, especially at night, that it was impossible to take a nice, peaceful stroll around the upper decks without hearing that monstrosity nearly everywhere we were. And, during the day, they played sporting events, for crying out loud. I am not a sports addict, and found that kind of programming anything but relaxing. It's a shame when a cruise line insists on putting in intrusive devices to appease a few while disregarding the peace and quite of the majority. It was one of the several reasons why Princess gave me the feeling of being a low end cruise line. So the last thing I want Celebrity to be doing is dumbing down their experience. And that is exactly what these overrated things do.

As you can see, I am very passionate about these horrid things. There was nothing elegant, relaxing, or peaceful when they are turned on - which seemed every waking minute of every day.

No, not for me. If I wanted to watch TV, I'd just save my money and stay home and do it for free.

Edited by fortinweb