When cutting ties to a TA.....

Tarpeian Rock

Our next Oceania cruise was booked through a TA with whom we've become dissatisfied, and at least for the moment we intend to book the cruise after that one directly with O. Question: does the presence of a TA on our O record persist in such a way that even if we do book a subsequent cruise directly, the TA is somehow kept in the loop with respect to cruise documents, etc., by some kind of computer default? Do we have to do anything special with O to ensure that the TA's record of involvement is limited to that one cruise?

LHT is correct. Let the onboard Oceania ambassador know that you are no longer using that TA and will notify them once you find a new TA.

Tried that, and didn't quite work as planned. Seems the original TA gets half the commission ("because they did half the work"). I was very displeased. If possible cancel and rebook with your new TA. I couldn't because my catagory was no longer available.

Tried that' date=' and didn't quite work as planned. Seems the original TA gets half the commission ("because they did half the work"). I was very displeased. If possible cancel and rebook with your new TA. I couldn't because my catagory was no longer available.[/quote']

If you are booking a new cruise how did the TA do 1/2 the work??

The OP is talking about booking a new cruise

I always find that there are benefits to booking with a TA over booking directly with the cruise line. Suggest that you select another TA before your cruise so you can get that TA in the loop. If you book with Oceania and then find a TA, you have only a short period of time (thinking 30 days - could be longer) to transfer your booking to your new TA so they receive the commission.

I always find that there are benefits to booking with a TA over booking directly with the cruise line. Suggest that you select another TA before your cruise so you can get that TA in the loop. If you book with Oceania and then find a TA, you have only a short period of time (thinking 30 days - could be longer) to transfer your booking to your new TA so they receive the commission.

I agree with you, however you need to besure your using a "GOOD TA" with your interest. not the TA's. Rick