Do you eat more...

Sat1

We definitely eat more on a cruise! Like a big breakfast every day - eggs, bacon, hash browns, muffins, danish - instead of our normal oatmeal. And desserts! We never eat dessert at home. But, we are up and down many flights of stairs every day (never use the elevator), and we walk a lot in ports. So we usually break even on the weight.

This was going to be my response word for word.

Great minds think alike! I cruise for many different reasons and one of them at the top of the list is the eating. :) Thankfully I've never gained weight on a cruise. I work out and stay very busy so it offsets it but I love all the variety and the different venues.

When on a cruise, than at home? I do, as a widower, nice to have all cruise meals, plus no household chores. :)

I did on our first cruise and by mid week I felt like a fat slob.Just felt stuffed and it wasnt a good feeling.Didnt feel like moving.I stopped that and yes I will have some desserts and stuff I normally dont and I will take a few mile run on deck to get some exercise in.It actually gives me more energy if I exercise.A body in motion tends to stay in motion! Lol. Look around in the dining room ,people are huge now..People eat more and dont exercise at all.Sad really.And then have a 2000 calorie breakfast and drinks all day long.To each their own I guess.

Edited by rtazz17

Unfortunately, Yes, we eat more. We don't tend to eat dessert at home except for special occasions. On a cruise we eat it every night. Why? Because it's there and we can! :D

We also tend to snack between meals on a cruise which we never do at home!

All of the above!

No! It's commercial food. We changed our lifestyle several years ago. Eat less and quit dessert and starches. People with heavy starch diets will have dark rings under their eyes. I wiould eat 2 fresh cookies at night on Princess when we were aboard. don't know if RCL give fresh cookies. I am unhappy that they removed Guys (free) and put in Johnny Rockets and at $7 for a burger and shake it is no bargain when you already paid. Seems like they find more ways to make money than the airlines.

No! It's commercial food. We changed our lifestyle several years ago. Eat less and quit dessert and starches. People with heavy starch diets will have dark rings under their eyes. I wiould eat 2 fresh cookies at night on Princess when we were aboard. don't know if RCL give fresh cookies. I am unhappy that they removed Guys (free) and put in Johnny Rockets and at $7 for a burger and shake it is no bargain when you already paid. Seems like they find more ways to make money than the airlines.

Guys is on Carnival.:rolleyes:

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I generally loose weight on a cruise.....I usually only have one good meal a day, and on a cruise...the MDR...the portion sizes are perfect....

And I will NEVER go to the WJ, other than the traditional embarkation day, for many reasons....

I exercise every morning in gym on the ship for two hours and try to watch what I am eating. I don't eat deserts. But I still gain about five pounds, which come off later. Too much high sodium foods. :(

We try not to, but eating is a way of life especially on longer cruises with lots of sea days. We do try and control what we eat, and try to keep the Carbs low, sometimes not possible even for my skinny lady LOL. However we still gain weight.

I wish I could live up to the quote in my signature by Kate Moss.

So sorry! Got my Cruise lines mixt about Guys. Still won't pay xtra for a burger when we raise our own beef and can eat Ribeye free, even for breakfast.

How do restaurants get away with calling meat Angus? 51% of the hide has to be black. Lots of cattle are 51% black.Besides, Where's the hide?

No, I actually lost about 5lb on our last cruise. I don't eat bread or sweets so that cuts out a lot of the junky snacks RCCL has around all over the ships. Without easy access to all the foods I do eat it is easy to drop some weight.

It is sad they don't let you walk into the kitchen and just open up the refrigerator for a snack. (LOL)

My motto is "the more you dance, the more you can eat!"

Actually, my wife and I sleep late and eat only two meals a day, we walk about a mile or two each day, take the stairs, and dance (ballroom) before and after dinner. We usually only gain a pound and often none at all.

We try to follow the "two meal a day" method too, but only succeed about half the time.