There has got to be a better way...

Cruising on the Quantum Dec. 27th with family, five staterooms total. Had to call Royal today to book dining times and entertainment. The whole procedure took 45 minutes and I felt so sorry for the young lady helping me on a computer which was " escargot" SLOW. Has anyone else experienced this? So frustrating both for the Royal employee, who was so very polite, and for me.

I also book multiple cabins for my Family cruises. It is always hard for the reps. To keep all of them straight. From making payments to shore excursions. You are not the only one. I've been in the same boat! Get it- I said boat! Ha! Ha! Happy Sailing

Edited by BlueSkySailing

It is their job. They are getting paid to help you. And you are being nice to them. I always think if they are not on the phone with me they might be on the phone with someone who is rude - then I don't feel bad for taking their time. But yes, I agree, it should be faster!!!!!!!

Kathy

Cruising on the Quantum Dec. 27th with family, five staterooms total. Had to call Royal today to book dining times and entertainment. The whole procedure took 45 minutes and I felt so sorry for the young lady helping me on a computer which was " escargot" SLOW. Has anyone else experienced this? So frustrating both for the Royal employee, who was so very polite, and for me.

Personally I don't feel that 45 minutes is a long time to handle the reservations for a group that size....especially if they got it RIGHT.

I am sure you would hate for them to 'rush' and have it wrong.

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I was curious how many are in your group and if you were able to reserve a table large enough to accommodate everyone? We're looking at a large group in 2016 and wondered how it would work out.

45 minutes is good. Took me almost a month to button down dining venues and times. This was with the assistance of a very frustrated C&A Associate. Still blank on the entertainment.

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I was curious how many are in your group and if you were able to reserve a table large enough to accommodate everyone? We're looking at a large group in 2016 and wondered how it would work out.

we had a group of 18 -- we shared two tables for 10 each.

Well...I have received confirmations for only two of the five cabins, so I guess I will be on the phone again tomorrow morning to inquire about the other three rooms. We were supposed to be booked all together! Stay tuned!

Thanks. Our organizer is getting a little nervous about booking a ship with Dynamic Dining. I'm just trying to calm her down.

Edit: If everything works out, I'll just kinda' gloss over your struggles. ;)

Edited by Big_G

If you have dynamic dining on the Quantum, you can book up to 16 guests, you may not all be at the same table.