Summit Returns to Halifax (2 Threads Merged)

emileg

We are scheduled to be getting on Summit for its next Canada/New England cruise as you guys are getting off on October 5th. Just wondering if this problem might impact us in some way, if Celebrity might decide to do a more permanent repair of some kind. Hope it would just be a delayed departure on Sunday evening, rather than cancelled ports or worse yet, an entire cancelled cruise! Our entire year's vacation has been committed to these 14 days, and its too late to plan anything else at this late date.

That is excellent compensation!! And more so for only missing one port. Hope the rest of the cruise goes without incident.

I am on the next cruise and looking forward to it very much. Hope also that this is a permanent repair. Nothing has ever been easy with pod repairs in the past. Fingers crossed.

And Suzanne, agree completely about Capt. Leo. :D

That is excellent compensation!! And more so for only missing one port. Hope the rest of the cruise goes without incident.

I am on the next cruise and looking forward to it very much. Hope also that this is a permanent repair. Nothing has ever been easy with pod repairs in the past. Fingers crossed.

And Suzanne, agree completely about Capt. Leo. :D

Keeping fingers crossed for you, Anne. You'll have to keep us posted periodically, on how things are going. :cool:

We are scheduled to be getting on Summit for its next Canada/New England cruise as you guys are getting off on October 5th. Just wondering if this problem might impact us in some way, if Celebrity might decide to do a more permanent repair of some kind. Hope it would just be a delayed departure on Sunday evening, rather than cancelled ports or worse yet, an entire cancelled cruise! Our entire year's vacation has been committed to these 14 days, and its too late to plan anything else at this late date.

Hello there,

We aren't anticipating any future repairs at this time. Engineers onboard were able to identify and successfully resolve the issue during the night.

Hello there,

We aren't anticipating any future repairs at this time. Engineers onboard were able to identify and successfully resolve the issue during the night.

Thank you for posting this official update. We are on the next Summit sailing and really appreciate your input!

Jane

Generous OBC....definitely could be put to use at the spa, etc,

.hope cruisers will get to visit Sydney...the missed port .,.someday...did the Baddeck excursion w/ museum...it was a wonderful day...saw fall foliage, enjoyed local music etc.., so hope folks keep it on the list for the future

I am sure at this point they are happy to be cruising on.....

Hello there,

Thank you Celebrity rep for your quick response to my concern. i appreciate that you seem to monitor these boards and give time sensitive answers when needed.

Great to hear that you're underway again -- and that X is offering some generous compensation, for the missed port. :cool:

We loved Summit, and are looking forward to sailing on her again, next year. Captain Leo ROCKS -- don't let the "baby-face" fool you! ;)

hahaha. I asked him if this was his maiden voyage? He looks so young. I was kidding of course. He does ROCK and he's very funny too.

This is another Millennium Alaska situation...I would expect it to get worse either this cruise or next...

Of course, you have absolute knowledge of that fact.....Perhaps, you ought to pass some of it on to the guests currently onboard so they can proactively prepare themselves for this upcoming ;''; event;''.

:eek:

Wow, nice OBC! Well more than we received on Summit when we missed Bermuda, our only planned stopped.

Glad the problem is resovled. We're looking forward to seeing Summit in Maine next week :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Makes sense to me. Weather isn't in Celebrity's control vs mechanical issues.

Too bad they can't control weather :)

Of course, you have absolute knowledge of that fact.....Perhaps, you ought to pass some of it on to the guests currently onboard so they can proactively prepare themselves for this upcoming ;''; event;''.

:eek:

It's cool, your snarky response is noted...if you look at the history of the ships that continued to have problems with the pods, they all started out like this...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app