Elua Schedule 2014-15

Elua

I am very sad that Elua will not be on our sailing Feb 27 from SF on the Star.

Does anyone know who will be doing the Hawaiian program and will it include ukulele classes and hula?

Thanks

Arlene

See...this is why you should have booked on my cruise out of LA in February.

I believe Dave Cole (CD) will be on the Star. He will probably give the ukulele lessons since he is quite an accomplished musician. He also gives fantastic port talks and other informational lectures. Be sure to attend his sessions. They include much, much more than where to shop.

Aloha

We would have loved to sail with you again, but then I would have to move all my family to LA. We are staying a week extra so I can visit all of them. Plus the port of LA does not have e-z check. Very important for us.

Being a third generation Californian (born in Oakland) I have lots of family in the Bay Area, so with the new port building and the opportunity to go under the Gate again SF won out.

I'm happy to hear that David Cole will be our CD, I look forward to attending his lectures and classes.

Thanks for the info.

Arlene

I am very sad that Elua will not be on our sailing Feb 27 from SF on the Star.

Does anyone know who will be doing the Hawaiian program and will it include ukulele classes and hula?

Thanks

Arlene

It's okay Arlene. We'll be there for you!

Aloha!

Kimo & Lokelina

"Makani E"

"Fair Winds Duo"

Hello - we will be on the December 19th sailing on the Star and are thrilled that you will be heading up the program. One question in your hula classes do you teach only the female role or do you also teach the male roles ? I ask because my uncle was a very accomplished hula dancer on the male side and I would like to emulate him

Aloha memoak!

My hula classes are unisex classes. Please come by and talk to me when you get onboard & we'll chat a little more.

Aloha!

Kimo & Lokelina

"Makani E"

"Fair Winds Duo"

http://www.fairwindsmusic.com

fairwindsmusic@hotmail.com

Aloha memoak!

My hula classes are unisex classes. Please come by and talk to me when you get onboard & we'll chat a little more.

I will be sure to do that - my mother is from Hawaii and we value the heritage of the islands. My uncle was also a rough water swimmer in competition for years around the islands.

We will probably book one of the cruises you are on just to see you and brush up on our hula and ukulele lessons.

When we got off the ship last December in Long Beach, we went to my BIL's birthday party and sang Happy Birthday to him, accompanying ourselves on our ukuleles. It was magnificent fun. Whenever we need a good laugh we get out the ukuleles and sing and play to one another.

Can't wait to see you again! :)

We will probably book one of the cruises you are on just to see you and brush up on our hula and ukulele lessons.

When we got off the ship last December in Long Beach, we went to my BIL's birthday party and sang Happy Birthday to him, accompanying ourselves on our ukuleles. It was magnificent fun. Whenever we need a good laugh we get out the ukuleles and sing and play to one another.

Can't wait to see you again! :)

Aloha,

Nice to know that you are still strumming along and enjoying it. It's always great when I hear from my former haumana and they are still playing ukulele!.

We look forward to seeing you and we'll make sure to throw in some Hawaiian style cha cha and rumbas for you. I may even have a tango lined up...you never know.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

I was hoping you would be on the Ruby for the Valentines Day 2016 sailing.

This will be our 4th Hawaii cruise and we have missed you every time. :)

Pat

Aloha Pat,

No need to give up hope! The schedule that we have takes us through only November of 2015 so no decisions have been made for that far in the future. We have one assignment for the Ruby in November of 2015, so maybe they will keep us going to that ship for the season.

As our future dates come available, I always will post them on our Facebook site. Hope you can sail with us in the future.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

Edited by Elua

Aloha Kakou,

Leialoha and I have been promising that as soon as we knew our schedule for 2014-15 we would post it here. We just received our confirmed dates this morning so here they are. We thank everyone for their patience. This is how our year looks:

Note: These are all Hawaiian cruises, or have Hawai'i figuring prominently in the itinerary with the exception of the Diamond Princess. Also, they only run through the end of November 2015, after that we do not know where we will be.

Grand Princess

Nov 19, 2014-Jan 3, 2015 (out of LA)

Pacific Princess

Jan 7-Jan 29, 2015 (out of Papeete)

Grand Princess

Feb 2-April 21, 2015 (out of LA BUT these also include the two Vancouver-Vancouver cruises)

Star Princess

April 29-May 14, 2015 (out of San Francisco)

Diamond Princess

July 8-August 13, 2015 (out of Japan...these are dates for the Japanese season)

Dawn Princess

Sep 18-Sep 30, 2015 (out of Sydney)

Star Princess

Oct 14-Oct 29, 2015 (out of Vancouver)

Ruby Princess

Nov 15-Nov 30, 2015 (out of LA)

Leialoha and I are very excited about this schedule, as it shakes things up a little bit for us, and lets us cruise out of two ports that we have not done as part of the Hawai'i season. (Vancouver and San Francisco) We hope to see as many of you on board as possible. It's going to be a fantastic year, so if you are on one of our cruises, bring your ukulele, get ready to dance hula with us, come make lei with us and listen to the nahenahe sounds of Hawaiian music. A hui hou!

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

Great news! I have nearly convinced my sweetie that we need the Dec 19th Hawaii trip on the Grand. This will make it easier to do the convincing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Who will be doing the Hawaiian enrichment for Ruby, April 4, 2015 sailing?

Thanks for the information.

Aloha camofwilliamsburg,

To be truthful, I do not know who will be on that one. Normally, if we are not on a Hawaiian ship, it would be the other full time Hawaiian duo, but I believe they are on the Star for that date. There are two other duos who have been hired in the past to do fill ins, so I imagine that it might be one of them...the best way to find out is to contact Princess Cruises and see if they have the information for you.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

• 4 months later...

Grand Princess

Feb 2-April 21, 2015

Dave,

Since you have been on the Grand for awhile now, what do you think about the condition of the ship? People have been posting that it's in terrible shape, water leaks all over with buckets underneath, mold/mildew smells, and blowers trying to keep carpets dry.

Has this been your observation too? We're hoping this is not true or at least exaggerated.

We are! We are! Like Elua, we JUST got our 2014-2015 Schedule! We are soooo excited! Great ships! Here it is...

Grand Princess 2-Oct-2014 to 17-Oct-2014 R/T Vancouver

Crown Princess 18-Oct-2014 to 15-Nov-2014 R/T LAX

Star Princess 24-Nov-2014 to 9-Dec-2014 R/T SFO

Star Princess 19-Dec-2014 to 3-Jan-2015 R/T SFO

Star Princess 13-Jan-2015 to 28-Jan-2015 R/T SFO

Star Princess 27-Feb-2015 to 14-Mar-2015 R/T SFO

Star Princess 21-Mar-2015 to 5-Apr-2015 R/T SFO

Sea Princess 17-Apr-2015 to 29-Apr-2015 From Sydney

Diamond Princess 7-May-2015 to 24-Jun-2015 From Yokohama

Sun Princess 14-Jul-2015 to 27-Jul-2015 From Sydney

Pacific Princess 7-Sep-2015 to 17-Sep-2015 From Vancouver

Golden Princess 19-Sept-2015 to 1-Oct-2015 From SFO

Ruby Princess 3-Oct-2015 to 18-Oct-2015 R/T LAX

Grand Princess 24-Oct-2015 to 8-Nov-2015 R/T SFO

Grand Princess 25-Nov-2015 to 10-Dec-2015 R/T SFO

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aloha Kakou,

Leialoha and I have been promising that as soon as we knew our schedule for 2014-15 we would post it here. We just received our confirmed dates this morning so here they are. We thank everyone for their patience. This is how our year looks:

Note: These are all Hawaiian cruises, or have Hawai'i figuring prominently in the itinerary with the exception of the Diamond Princess. Also, they only run through the end of November 2015, after that we do not know where we will be.

Grand Princess

Nov 19, 2014-Jan 3, 2015 (out of LA)

Pacific Princess

Jan 7-Jan 29, 2015 (out of Papeete)

Grand Princess

Feb 2-April 21, 2015 (out of LA BUT these also include the two Vancouver-Vancouver cruises)

Star Princess

April 29-May 14, 2015 (out of San Francisco)

Diamond Princess

July 8-August 13, 2015 (out of Japan...these are dates for the Japanese season)

Dawn Princess

Sep 18-Sep 30, 2015 (out of Sydney)

Star Princess

Oct 14-Oct 29, 2015 (out of Vancouver)

Ruby Princess

Nov 15-Nov 30, 2015 (out of LA)

Leialoha and I are very excited about this schedule, as it shakes things up a little bit for us, and lets us cruise out of two ports that we have not done as part of the Hawai'i season. (Vancouver and San Francisco) We hope to see as many of you on board as possible. It's going to be a fantastic year, so if you are on one of our cruises, bring your ukulele, get ready to dance hula with us, come make lei with us and listen to the nahenahe sounds of Hawaiian music. A hui hou!

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

Ok, Since I see that neither group is going to be on the Oct 17 ~ Nov 14 Crown Princess Haw, Samoa & Tahiti cruise, can either of you tell me who we can expect to see? We were hoping against hope that either of you guys would be going with us... :confused: :eek: :D

Just Mike

Ok, Since I see that neither group is going to be on the Oct 17 ~ Nov 14 Crown Princess Haw, Samoa & Tahiti cruise, can either of you tell me who we can expect to see? We were hoping against hope that either of you guys would be going with us... :confused: :eek: :D

The other cruises are cruises with Hawaii as the main or only destination.

Your cruise is a journey that just happens to have Hawaii on the itinerary.

Unfortunately, it does not look as if Princess may not treat your cruise to the Hawaii experience the same way it treats the others.

Edited by caribill

Mike, I got a e-mail from the third Princess Hawaiian Ambassadors who are Brian & Rowena Vasquez out of Hilo. They are doing your Oct. 17 Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa cruise, with one condition. They will getting off on Oct 23, in Honolulu and heading home. It looks like they will be on board for 6 days doing the Hawaiian Immersion program. I've not cruise with them but have been following them on their Facebook page. Goggle "Brian Pi ikea Vasquez".

Edited by Gimer

• 2 weeks later...

Just Mike

Aloha Gang!

We are sorry we will not be joining you on this fabulous itinerary. We understand Brian & Rowena Vasquez will be onboard from October 17th until October 23rd. They will be conducting the Hawaiian program until the ship gets to Honolulu. Enjoy! They're beautiful people and Brian's 'ukulele playing is phenomenal!

Aloha, Lokelina & Kimo

Makani E

The other cruises are cruises with Hawaii as the main or only destination.

Your cruise is a journey that just happens to have Hawaii on the itinerary.

Unfortunately, it does not look as if Princess may not treat your cruise to the Hawaii experience the same way it treats the others.

Aloha Gang!

We are sorry we will not be joining you on this fabulous itinerary. We understand Brian & Rowena Vasquez will be onboard from October 17th until October 23rd. They will be conducting the Hawaiian program until the ship gets to Honolulu. Enjoy! They're beautiful people and Brian's 'ukulele playing is phenomenal!

Aloha, Lokelina & Kimo

Makani E

Bingo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Aloha Gang!

Aloha, Lokelina & Kimo

Makani E

This is an old thread, but I'm not having much luck finding the answer to this elsewhere, even though it's still a long way off:

In April 2016, does anyone know who the cruise director will be, and who will be doing the uke/lei/hula lessons on the Grand Princess (2 April 2016 sailing)?

This will be our third Hawaii cruise; the other two were on the Golden out of San Pedro. David Cole and Elua were on both and we had a terrific and entertaining time. I doubt we'll be lucky enough to have them this time, but it would be great!

Thanks!

This is an old thread, but I'm not having much luck finding the answer to this elsewhere, even though it's still a long way off:

In April 2016, does anyone know who the cruise director will be, and who will be doing the uke/lei/hula lessons on the Grand Princess (2 April 2016 sailing)?

This will be our third Hawaii cruise; the other two were on the Golden out of San Pedro. David Cole and Elua were on both and we had a terrific and entertaining time. I doubt we'll be lucky enough to have them this time, but it would be great!

Thanks!

It's way too early to know yet.

Too early, but I know Dave (Elua) has requested the Ruby after the first of the year.

We are booked on the Ruby in Feb, so we are hoping to finally see them.:)

Patti

Well dang! I would really like to see Elua again. Dave is a great singer and uke instructor, and I counted him as a friend when we sailed in the past. We sailed on the Golden Princess twice before and he and Leialoha were on board both times. But this time we figured we'd do the cruise a little different, and elected to sail on the Grand Princess out of San Fran. Haven't seen SF in several years, and never sailed under the Golden Gate. Oh well, I'm sure Princess will have similar activities scheduled for the Grand in April 2016.

That's the plan anyway - I need to call my TA and book the cruise!:cool:

Doug