Shared table flexible dining

Hi another question, I am looking at booking a cruise and dont know whether to go for set dining or flexible.

I dont like the set time 6pm is too early and 8.30 way too late. The only thing that concerns me about flexible is not being seated with other cruisers. I am traveling with my darling hubby and do love him dearly, but after spending all day with him I look forward to talking to others at dinner. Is there a way of requesting to be on a large table with others, and do other people do this?

The set dining times of 6:00 and 8:30 are too early/late for us also. We prefer to go to the dining room around 7:00 or 7:30. I can recall only one time that we were seated at a table for 2. Any maybe they reserve some of those 2 tops for the people who actually request them. We have really enjoyed meeting new people each time we go to the main dining room - be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We've only had one less-than-good experience.

Reservations may be filled up for the popular times, but we've never had to wait really long...take a drink to wait in line with. ;)

Bums me out that the evening trivia timing (7:30) is geared toward the set dining times. :(

Edited by DarcyAustin

I suggest that if you wish to use MTD and you wish to go around.. say 7pm, that one of the first stops you make after boarding is to the MDR. Go to the entrance of your assigned floor level (typically the 5th floor & your Sea Pass will tell you what level/dining room). Someone will be there accepting reservations and table requests. You can also tell them that you wish to be seated with a group. If you wait too late, you'll likely find that you will be required to go to dinner after a certain time. I suggest that you make this a very early stop, if not the first stop as you board.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our experience as a party of 2 on My Time Dining who also wanted to sit with others was that they were NOT able to accomodate that and we ended up at our own table for 2 each evening. We did speak with the seating hostess (or whatever that position is called) several times and she said she'd see what could be done, but apparently there wasn't anyone else making the same request at our seating time (we had 6:00 reservations each evening).

We, too, enjoy table mates! And, unfortunately, not too many others seem to enjoy it, so they sit alone. Your best bet is to attempt to get table mates in MTD, and if you hit it off, arrange to do it nightly! There are still some of us who enjoy others company!!