Meanwhile, on the Oasis of the Seas…. Photos in dry-dock.

Alphen

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. If so, you have not made your point clear enough :). Cox and Comcast are not available in Europe.

Also, no the IT department is by no means shut down during drydock. They just have reduced workload with no need to support revenue-generating systems such as POS. Shipboard internet and e-mail is still required by most departments and IT is definitely keeping that running during drydock.

Further, on RCI the satellite TV is delivered by the Broadcast team which doesn't even fall under the IT division; it is part of the Entertainment team and the Head Broadcast Technician reports directly to the Cruise Director. This person is in charge of all TV content onboard RCI ships and has little to do with what is going on in IT land.

Don't know if they still do this, but some of the TV channels were streamed via Internet, so the IT people get involved with receiving the stream and delivering it to the broadcast people for conversion to a TV channel.

When does she actually set sail on her TA cruise?

The TA starts today in Rotterdam. Picks up more passengers in Southampton tomorrow. I think there's one stop in Vigo, Spain, and the next stop is Florida.

If anyone can get a picture of the new grand suites on 12, I would love to know how the balconies are configured. I have one for February and hope I haven't made a mistake.

check out this thread. MisterMom has posted some pictures of the "new" Lady O. I'd love to see pics of these new GS too!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44423135#post44423135

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

check out this thread. MisterMom has posted some pictures of the "new" Lady O. I'd love to see pics of these new GS too!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44423135#post44423135

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the suites on decks 11, 12 & 14 are completed yet. They have relocated the passengers who were already booked in the last few cabins on those decks through early December for ongoing construction issues.