bottled water to take onboard

OFFICIALLY: none.

UNOFFICIALLY: a 'reasonable' amount. if they do not carry your preferred brand then a 6 or 12 pack of soda is acceptable. bring several cases of either is over the top

however if sailing at certain times( Spring break, etc) they really will enforce the ban on bringing anything on board.

We were on Oasis July 2013, I unpacked a case of 24 bottles of water and placed them into carry on bag along with 2 bottles of Champagne. At security the bag was checked to make sure it actually was water and then we were allowed to proceed without any problems.

My view is that if they wanted to confiscate the water they can, it only costs $5 at most, but like I say we had no problems.

Since then we have purchased the drinks packages that include water so have not had to bother with carrying anything onboard ourselves.

In the past we put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to the cabin. Recently we've read that porters at Port Canaveral weren't accepting them and passengers had to carry them on the ship. We'll find out tomorrow.

In the past we put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to the cabin. Recently we've read that porters at Port Canaveral weren't accepting them and passengers had to carry them on the ship. We'll find out tomorrow.

Please report back. We've got to board at Port Canaveral in a few weeks.

We have had problems ONLY at Port Canaveral. Because of that, we put the cokes and water in an empty duffle bag and put a luggage tag on it. That's the only way we've gotten it to us at Port Canaveral without a problem.

We have had problems ONLY at Port Canaveral. Because of that, we put the cokes and water in an empty duffle bag and put a luggage tag on it. That's the only way we've gotten it to us at Port Canaveral without a problem.

So if they are in an actual bag of some sort, they go through? The porters don't want to handle them if they are not able to pick them up easily? Just trying to picture this...

So if they are in an actual bag of some sort, they go through? The porters don't want to handle them if they are not able to pick them up easily? Just trying to picture this...

We've used a small, rolling, carry-on bag and that has worked at PC. Had to retrieve it at the naughty room, but they let us keep the water once they confirmed it was water.

Plan on carrying it around with you.....in PC there is no more putting a luggage tag on a case of water and having them deliver it.

My suggestion would be to put iti some kind of rolling carryon to make it easier to drag around.

Interesting thread; thanks - are we allowed to bring on a bottle of wine or champagne without any problems......I'm a bit of a wine snob and usually like to bring a good bottle or two

Interesting thread; thanks - are we allowed to bring on a bottle of wine or champagne without any problems......I'm a bit of a wine snob and usually like to bring a good bottle or two

Two bottles per cabin, not person, but there are ways to get around that if you are so inclined not to abide by the rules.

Two bottles per cabin, not person, but there are ways to get around that if you are so inclined not to abide by the rules.

Thanks - two bottles is great - getting around the system is too much work :)

we are thinking of doing a drink package as well

We brought 2 cases of water with 24 bottles each. And put luggage tags on both. We were not sure whether or not being in a grand suite made a difference. We also brought 2 bottles of wine and there was no problem with that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Sorry Bob, we didn't have time to pickup water this trip but we did see a few cases in the Windjammer and none on the luggage carts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk