Kids Sail Free and Crown and Anchor Points

Ok wait, so we booked an interior cabin for myself, my husband, my infant son, and my mother. So my mother and son will not get points because they only paid port taxes and fees? That seems kind of ridiculous...

I agree. Especially since guests 1 & 2 cruise fare is increased under this "sale."

Difference between this and a visa or pinnacle free cruise is the fact that guest 1 & 2 pricing is adjusted to compensate for the kids sail free. Current cruise I am on was $1049 for guest 1 & 2 with the 3rd guest sailing free. But if I booked just guest 1 & 2 in a double occupancy cabin, the rate fell to $899 per person.

I agree. Especially since guests 1 & 2 cruise fare is increased under this "sale."

Difference between this and a visa or pinnacle free cruise is the fact that guest 1 & 2 pricing is adjusted to compensate for the kids sail free. Current cruise I am on was $1049 for guest 1 & 2 with the 3rd guest sailing free. But if I booked just guest 1 & 2 in a double occupancy cabin, the rate fell to $899 per person.

So is this just a case of getting the right person on the phone? :-)

I'm curious why the OP had such a difficult time when she called then...

Good question. Maybe it had something to do with consolidating two reservation numbers in two separate cabins into one cabin with one reservation number?

I called a contact that is available for pinnacle and diamond plus guests and was assured this is the policy - all guests receive points. I guess time will tell in my case

I'm curious why the OP had such a difficult time when she called then...

I think because I had a Royal Family Suite with 2 bookings and my second booking number had myself and my daughter as 0.00 with no full fare associated with it, so that particular reservation looked totally free. I think it was an IT/reservation glitch because they did seem to fix it very quickly.

Edited by irishgal432

I think because I had a Royal Family Suite with 2 bookings and my second booking number had myself and my daughter as 0.00 with no full fare associated with it, so that particular reservation looked totally free. I think it was an IT/reservation glitch because they did seem to fix it very quickly.

Makes perfect sense. It's a computer glitch. They couldn't cancel the reservation when you changed to the RFS, so they repriced one reservation to the full fare of the RFS and repriced the second reservation to $0.00 + applicable taxes to align the best they could with the kids sail free promo without canceling both reservation numbers and booking the promotion under a new reservation number - especially since technically kids sail free is for new bookings only.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

See to be a lot of IT glitches lately.:eek:

I can't figure out how to check my kids account since they are minors.

I believe Ken mentioned a few days ago that it's not possible to create an account for minors. He has to call C&A to check the C&A points of minors.

Edited by clarea

I believe Ken mentioned a few days ago that it's not possible to create an account for minors. He has to call C&A to check the C&A points of minors.

Correct. I did try again on line and followed that up with a phone call as well and it still cannot be done.

The rep said she would add the request to the list.:rolleyes:

Interesting. I asked this question a while back as well as a few others. I did come back to the most recent thread to post our experience after our cruise. Will repost here.

My son, 19, was the 3rd passenger on our recent sailing with a price of 0, with just taxes and port fees. He received the same points as DH and I withput doing anything.

I have a question - not an argument just a question. If someone sails for free, why should they get points? Points are earned/bought. If someone sails for free, they may have earned them by sailing but they haven't done the bought side as they sailed for free.

Only because in the case of this sale they really did not sail free. The prices for guests 1 and 2 were inflated to cover guest 3 and 4 in the vast majority of cases.

I just enrolled my girls and set up an online account for each. I then logged into their account and could see their individual points. Did it all online.

Does anyone have personal experience where a 3rd person from a different mailing address in the cabin DID get points? I know spouses get the same credits as do minor children living at the same address. My grown daughter will be the 3rd person in a GS with my mother and me in a couple of weeks. She will be very disappointed if she doesn't get points.

I just enrolled my girls and set up an online account for each. I then logged into their account and could see their individual points. Did it all online.

How did you do this. I have tried numerous times and as soon as I put in their DOB it comes back and says I cannot proceed as they are not 18.

Does anyone have personal experience where a 3rd person from a different mailing address in the cabin DID get points? I know spouses get the same credits as do minor children living at the same address. My grown daughter will be the 3rd person in a GS with my mother and me in a couple of weeks. She will be very disappointed if she doesn't get points.

See post #37.

Their 19 YO son did get the points. Not sure if it was a different address but at 19 he would no longer be tied to his parents account.

I'm in the same boat. The bookings are under my parents........and I'm at a different address....sad...we shall see! But it seems that your daughter will not get points (if it was booked under the 3rd and 4th sail free).

Interesting. I asked this question a while back as well as a few others. I did come back to the most recent thread to post our experience after our cruise. Will repost here.

My son, 19, was the 3rd passenger on our recent sailing with a price of 0, with just taxes and port fees. He received the same points as DH and I withput doing anything.

As stated above, my son got the points. He does still have the same mailing address as us so maybe that makes a difference? Not sure. Bottom line, the 3rd and 4th free should get the points.

I'm in the same boat. The bookings are under my parents........and I'm at a different address....sad...we shall see! But it seems that your daughter will not get points (if it was booked under the 3rd and 4th sail free).

As I stated above, my son, no longer a minor got the points so your last statement is not 100% correct. The different address could change outcome but why be so confident they won't get the points? In my situation my son did.

As stated above, my son got the points. He does still have the same mailing address as us so maybe that makes a difference? Not sure. Bottom line, the 3rd and 4th free should get the points.

Thanks akcruz!

I decided to call C&A to ask. After putting me on hold for 5 or 6 minutes the young man came back on the line and told me my daughter absolutely will get points. He even asked for my reservation number so he could note in the record that he confirmed this with his supervisor.

Great news!

It's very sad that they raise the rates, promote a phony sale, then don't give points to passengers. I wish the CEO would commit to transparent pricing on all cruises, and stop with the ridiculous "sales".

It's very sad that they raise the rates, promote a phony sale, then don't give points to passengers. I wish the CEO would commit to transparent pricing on all cruises, and stop with the ridiculous "sales".

Totally agree - the raising of fares to put them 'on sale' has gone on way too long. They are giving points to the free passengers though (IF C&A is to be believed. :)

Thanks akcruz!

I decided to call C&A to ask. After putting me on hold for 5 or 6 minutes the young man came back on the line and told me my daughter absolutely will get points. He even asked for my reservation number so he could note in the record that he confirmed this with his supervisor.

Great news!

That's good news!

I wonder if I need to call or wait until my cruise........