Will Celebrity replace Century in Australia (when it is sold) ?

CCC's

Celebrity Century will be sailing in Australia/Pacific waters for the last time this coming season. Are there any plans to replace Celebrity Century with another Celebrity ship for future cruising seasons in Australia/Pacific?

Hmmm...

The Aussie market is expected to grow to one million passengers next year however there seems to be a lot of ships heading down under.

There are some great deals available at the moment. This week we sail on Celebrity Century and have paid less than $100/person/day for an Oceanview Guarantee and have landed an aft Veranda Stateroom! :eek: :D this suggests to me that sales haven't been that great. Perhaps the market has reached saturation point and there are too many ships here at the moment. :confused:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hmmm...

The Aussie market is expected to grow to one million passengers next year however there seems to be a lot of ships heading down under.

There are some great deals available at the moment. This week we sail on Celebrity Century and have paid less than $100/person/day for an Oceanview Guarantee and have landed an aft Veranda Stateroom! :eek: :D this suggests to me that sales haven't been that great. Perhaps the market has reached saturation point and there are too many ships here at the moment. :confused:

A lot of people I've spoken to won't sail the Century because there have been so many reports that X have let it slide.

Celebrity Century will be sailing in Australia/Pacific waters for the last time this coming season. Are there any plans to replace Celebrity Century with another Celebrity ship for future cruising seasons in Australia/Pacific?

Celebrity Solstice is there from next year. We're actually booked on her for an October '15 sailing from Sydney to New Caledonia etc. Can't wait, but equally don't want to wish my life away!

Celebrity Solstice is there from next year. We're actually booked on her for an October '15 sailing from Sydney to New Caledonia etc. Can't wait, but equally don't want to wish my life away!

Solstice has been there for a couple of years, actually.

Solstice has been sailing in Australia for a few years, and is the only ship scheduled for the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 season so far except for a quick visit from Millennium in 2016 going Singapore to Sydney then Sydney to Honolulu.

The company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. owns both Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International.

With Century going, Celebrity will only have 10 ships, so can probably only afford to send one here (Solstice) with the other 9 covering other locations.

But Royal Caribbean International has over 20 ships and will have 3 ships sailing here for the 2014-2015 season (Voyager, Radiance and Rhapsody) and Explorer and Legend will join Voyager and Radiance in 2015-2016.

I would like to see more Celebrity ships sailing here, hopefully in the future.

As of right now...

Celebrity has only issued their Sail Plans for 2015 and up to April 2016.

After The Century is sold, only The Solstice will be in the South Pacific / Australia in 2015 and onwards (January to May 2015 and then October to April 2016)

The Millenium is due to be there for a short stint Spring 2016 as she makes her way from the Asia Market to Hawaii / USA Market

Here is a copy of Celebrity's Sail Plan for 2015 (comes from their EBrochure link on their website)

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/7b60b329#/7b60b329/122

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have sailed on the Solstice in November 2013 (Sydney to NZ) and have booked again on Solstice in April 2016 for 8 days South Pacific cruise. I was absolutely blown away by the Solstice. Amazing cruise ship. However, I was hoping Celebrity would at least continue with 2 ships in our area but looks like we will only have the Solstice going forward. As Celebrity Solstice ticks "all the boxes" for my cruising requirements I am very happy that she is the ship which will continue sailing Australia/Pacific waters.

re CCC's post:

Hi there neighbour,

Also a Nambucca Heads cruiser, hope to see you on a cruise one day soon, if not earlier.....

We're also sailing on the Solstice next year, but at the end of February, on a partial circumnavigation of Oz.

We're sailing at the end of this month on the Century, and I think it will be a bit of a shock sailing on the Solstice, due to the sheer size of the thing. The one at the end of October will be our first Celebrity cruise, and I can't wait!!!! :D:D

I've managed to talk DH on to this cruise, and am working on another one for later next year, but I think I'd like to hear about another ship working these waters.

Why can't we have a ship doing a Sydney or Brissie cruise to Darwin and North Qld. & back?

We've done the Islands to death, but any cruise is better than no cruise.:):):)

I lurvs cruising!!!!!

Hi Ratacake. Small world but Nambucca Heads is definitely a beautiful part of that big world. You will absolutely enjoy your cruise on the Solstice. There was nothing I could fault during our cruise to NZ. Try to dine in Tuscan Grill one night if you can. Being at the rear of the ship it has wrap-around glass windows and the view is glorious. We dined there on our overnight stay in Sydney before sailing the next arvo. That was very special.....and the food was first-class as well.

I am glad I have booked so early for my April 2016 cruise, now that I know that Solstice will be the only Celebrity cruise ship in our waters and demand will probably be higher with only one ship available. Also able to book our previous room (7129) which for us was perfect. We actually like the feel of the ship moving a bit. It added a little bit of excitement to our cruise.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Century and also Solstice next year. I know you will not be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have sailed on the Solstice in November 2013 (Sydney to NZ) and have booked again on Solstice in April 2016 for 8 days South Pacific cruise. I was absolutely blown away by the Solstice. Amazing cruise ship. However' date=' I was hoping Celebrity would at least continue with 2 ships in our area but looks like we will only have the Solstice going forward. [/b'] As Celebrity Solstice ticks "all the boxes" for my cruising requirements I am very happy that she is the ship which will continue sailing Australia/Pacific waters.

The Solstice was my first Celebrity Cruise... Great ship indeed.

Celebrity will announce their 2016 (and Winter 2017... February thru April ) Cruise Schedule / Roster in March 2015

So no telling what they have planned till then for Australia more on the long term side of things.

Cheers!

The Solstice was my first Celebrity Cruise... Great ship indeed.

Celebrity will announce their 2016 (and Winter 2017... February thru April ) Cruise Schedule / Roster in March 2015

So no telling what they have planned till then for Australia more on the long term side of things.

Cheers!

But February is Summer and March and April are Autumn. ;) :)

A lot of people I've spoken to won't sail the Century because there have been so many reports that X have let it slide.

Too bad for those people- there are some excellent prices on Century at the moment and Celebrity or the Century on a 'bad' day beats many of the other Australian cruise offerings on their 'good' days!

I really wish people would quit saying this. I sailed on Century last month. She is still a beautiful ship. The Century is still in great condition, with no more visible wear and tear than any other Celebrity ship. They were constantly doing maintenance on her while we were on the ship. The crew is outstanding, and were very upbeat and positive. All of the passengers that we spoke to were very pleased with the ship and the experience.

Edited by Hatteras51