Cabins that don't exist

I get somewhat nervous not knowing (and seeing) what I'm reserving, but........

I just made a reservation on the Nov 14, 2015 sailing in cabin 11330.

I think it will be a wonderful cabin. Balcony should be huge. Post some pics. Will be there in August. Have a great cruise !

Just booked 12242 for an April cruise. The location looks great, only time will tell if these cabins have large balconies.

We also have a GS booked in November '15 but I'm a bit nervous to change as we don't know if there will be "secret" balcony right on top of us.

I know everyone wants to know the changes....and while I work for a different travel company....the new plans are on the travel agency that ends in to go....:rolleyes:

At least thats the only thing I find of use on their site! Happy checking everyone.

I know everyone wants to know the changes....and while I work for a different travel company....the new plans are on the travel agency that ends in to go....:rolleyes:

At least thats the only thing I find of use on their site! Happy checking everyone.

No luck for me. It looks like they are supposed to be there, but links produce same deck plan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No new deck plans on that site. It lists 2 sets of plans...one up to May 2015 the other from June 2015... Both show none of the new additions.:(

Thank you for the update!

Interesting. If you want the novelty of having the last aft room from which you can watch the ocean and the aqua show, the new suites do not block the view from 12329 or 12729. It's the last oceanview balcony whose view is blocked by the suite. It is not as bad as I thought it would be! Though you do not have that public balcony to hang out on!

Lauri

We just switched our Grand Suite to 11730 for our Nov '15 cruise. I was surprised to see them still available, and as a GS, not an Aqua Theater. We LOVE aft cabins, and that was the only thing we didn't like about the Oasis. Now, it's perfect!

Edited by shevais

• 2 weeks later...
We just switched our Grand Suite to 11730 for our Nov '15 cruise. I was surprised to see them still available, and as a GS, not an Aqua Theater. We LOVE aft cabins, and that was the only thing we didn't like about the Oasis. Now, it's perfect!

Agreed! I was able to book one of the new aft suites, GS 11330, which is the mirror image of the one you have. As is the case with the Aqua Suites on decks 8, 9 and 10, these balconies are huge! And like the Aqua's, the lower the deck you're on, the larger the cabins and the balconies are for these new aft GS's. Meaning, 11330 is larger than 12330, and 12330 is larger than 14330, etc. And from what I've read, all of these new GS's are larger than the rest of the GS balconies on the ship. I found this (in red below) on one of the deckplan websites...

Grand Suites (14330, 14730, 12330, 12730, 11330, 11730) have one bathroom sink and balcony lounge seating. Staterooms 12330 and 12730 are 433 square feet plus 362 square foot balcony. Staterooms 11330 and 11730 are 466 square feet plus 470 square foot balcony. Staterooms 14330 and 14730 are 421 square feet plus 136 square foot balcony.

So according to this, the two new GS's on deck 11 have about four-and-a-half times the balcony area than the typical GS. Enjoy!

Ok. This may be a dumb question. But what are these cabin category label? Is it GS? I am looking into going in September 2015 and I am doing a mock booking and no GS cat is there. Sorry for my stupidity.

I'm not sure which date(s) you're looking at, but I picked Sept 19 and was able to see the GS's...

It's possible that there are no GS's left for the cruise you selected, but that's a long way off for them to be sold out.

Good luck!

I am looking at the 9/12 date. Should I go to RCI website? Thanks for the response BTW

You're correct, I don't see any GS's available for that date. If you're not locked into that week, looks like there are GS's available on other September 2015 cruises. Also, depending on your taste in ports, the Oasis alternates between western and eastern routes.

Yes. I checked that out on RCCL site. I have a courtesy hold on 14730. I am going to check other dates also because we are flexible. and I am shooting for 11330. Seems to me here the higher you go the smaller the balcony. Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

Yes. I checked that out on RCCL site. I have a courtesy hold on 14730. I am going to check other dates also because we are flexible. and I am shooting for 11330. Seems to me here the higher you go the smaller the balcony. Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

Yes, 11330 and 11730 appear to be the most desirable GS's. Some of the earlier posts in this thread gave some details about the variance in the sizes of these cabins, and especially the difference in the balconies. Not to mention you have a great view of the wake and the Aquatheater shows.

I hope you find one you like. Otherwise you can come chill out on ours!

Yes, 11330 and 11730 appear to be the most desirable GS's. Some of the earlier posts in this thread gave some details about the variance in the sizes of these cabins, and especially the difference in the balconies. Not to mention you have a great view of the wake and the Aquatheater shows.

I hope you find one you like. Otherwise you can come chill out on ours!

GS 11330-11730 Suite sf 466 balcony sf 470

GS 12330-12730 Suite sf 433 balcony sf 362

GS 14330-14730 Suite sf 421 balcony sf 136

Regular GS Suite sf 371 balcony sf 114

Edited by buckeye rob

• 2 weeks later...