Umbrellas and passenger guest list, tenders

DrJW

Does Oceania provide 2 umbrellas in the PH1-2-3 staterooms for guest to use ashore?

Are passenge guests lists distributed to all the staterooms at the onset of the each cruise, or later on or not at all?

It it true if the ship is tendering at specific ports that passengers with private tours [ not Oceania excursions] need to first wait for Oceania excursions ticketed passengers to disembark for the various tours of that hour and only after that can private tour passengers board a tender?

If this indeed is the case...how does one meet a private driver/guide ashore when the ship first docks rather than wait for all the groups to first board tenders?

Thanks!

Does Oceania provide 2 umbrellas in the PH1-2-3 staterooms for guest to use ashore?

Yes, but they are full sized (i.e. not collapsible), so you may still prefer to bring your own.

Are passenge guests lists distributed to all the staterooms at the onset of the each cruise, or later on or not at all

Passenger Lists are never distributed. I have not seen them on any Cruise Line since the early 1970's.

It it true if the ship is tendering at specific ports that passengers with private tours [ not Oceania excursions] need to first wait for Oceania excursions ticketed passengers to disembark for the various tours of that hour and only after that can private tour passengers board a tender?

If this indeed is the case...how does one meet a private driver/guide ashore when the ship first docks rather than wait for all the groups to first board tenders?

There is always some confusion about this because access to the Tenders is controlled via Tender Tickets early in the process when the Tenders are running at full capacity.

Oceania is aware, in advance, of the time that their Tour participants will need to use the Tenders, therefore Tender Tickets are distributed to those guests with their Excursion Tickets.

Independent Guests who also wish to debark early on in the Tendering process, should get to the Lounge where Tender Tickets are being distributed promptly on the morning of the Port Visit.

Those Passengers booked into accommodations which include the services of a Butler, will also have the option of having their Tender Tickets delivered in advance.

Edited by StanandJim

The way the tender works is if you have a Oceania shore trip you will have a ticket which says when you should report to the show lounge. Once there this ticket is turned in for a numbered tender ticket. If you are on your own you go to the lounge and get a colored tender ticket. As they call for the tenders if there is space after the numbers are called they fill it in with the colors. If you are on your own go early.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Jim/ Stan:

I have sailed within the past three years on Crystal and Silversea. Both lines distribute passenger guest list booklets along with cruise itinerary and guest starts. officers, etc.

This has been done midway or at end of cruise; either delivered to staterooms or picked up at Reception. I wonder where you obtained your information from?

They do not give lists of the passengers on Oceania

it is a privacy issue

The last time I had a list was back in 1974

another good reason not sail on the luxury lines if this is what they do

I would find it very annoying to have my name listed & sent to all :eek:

YMMV

Thanks for clarifying...i just wanted to confirm that the two other lines i mentioned do distribute these booklets..all it states are the passengers names and the state or country they are from.. I personally didnt see this as any kind of privacy intrusion...but i can unsertand how some others may.

Thanks again!

On Seabourn they ask you if you don't want to be included in the passenger book they give out.

We always mark who we meet so as time rolls by we will be able to recall who we had a good time with.......or not :)

That may be the answer because we have sailed both Seabourn and Crystal, yet we've never seen a Passenger List.

Perhaps if one opts out of being included in the List (which might have happened very early in the booking process); one is also removed from the disbursal list? :confused:

Jim/ Stan:

I have sailed within the past three years on Crystal and Silversea. Both lines distribute passenger guest list booklets along with cruise itinerary and guest starts. officers, etc.

This has been done midway or at end of cruise; either delivered to staterooms or picked up at Reception. I wonder where you obtained your information from?

On Crystal they also ask if you want to be in the list.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

The point of the list is to provide names etc of people on the trip if you might want to keep in contact with new friends or such. It is like a meet and mingle for the whole ship. If you chose not to be involved you can opt out same as a meet and mingle. Oceania does not provide a passenger list, some lines provide the option. Just because Oceania does not do it it is not a bad thing, same as a mite and mingle is not a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Are passenge guests lists distributed to all the staterooms at the onset of the each cruise, or later on or not at all?

Thanks!

Yes-there are umbrellas, No-there are no passenger lists

Here is a FYI on tendering:

*I found that the O excursions got off after a first few tenders had left. The O tours gather in the Lounge and wait in large groups.

*Weather & seas can be a factor causing delays etc..

*The anchor time will be written in the Currents the nite before so you will have a general idea of when the tendering process will begin.

*Arrive at the Marina Lounge as soon as the doors open... there will be an PA announcement that 'the tender process is beginning'...try to get there ASAP.

*a person will greet as you walk in the Lounge, identify yourself as an 'independent' traveler

*they will have you sit in the FRONT row of the MIDDLE section, they will then fill the seats and rows progressively.

*they will call your rows to receive tickets before making your way onto the tender platform. They leave room on early tenders for the "independents"

*Bottled water & beach towels(tropical destinations) were available before getting on the tenders (you can also ask your room att. for beach towels the nite before)

*It is much easier to get yourselves to the Marina lounge 'individually' rather than in large groups, get ashore, then sort yourselves out there.

*unless you are super organized you will all eventually find each other either in the Lounge or ashore, not worth the hassle of arranging to meet....each person responsible for getting themselves ashore...there are always the ones who are late or just don't show up...like herding cats!!!

*once you are in the lounge you are told you cannot leave, you cannot save seats for members of your groups...

*when there are a few tenders operating, the wait time is not too long

*once on shore you can find your group. Tours hold up signs identifying themselves.

*you can get an early breakfast at the MDR, Terrace or opt for room service.

*obviously, if you have no plans wait till the a.m. rush is over to go ashore.

The point of the list is to provide names etc of people on the trip if you might want to keep in contact with new friends or such.

Still not sure on the purpose of the list

So you are saying the list has all your info on it???

As posted above it states just names & home city...

Never had any trouble keeping in contact with people we have met onboard ...without any list

just exchange details

We have business cards with our home info, contact details & will give these to people we want to stay in contact with

still not sure on the purpose of the list

so you are saying the list has all your info on it???

As posted above it states just names & home city...

Never had any trouble keeping in contact with people we have met onboard ...without any list

just exchange details

we have business cards with our home info, contact details & will give these to people we want to stay in contact with

+ 1

When I have organized a Meet & Greet on Oceania, OR set up private tours, most of the people on these lists do NOT want their information publicized. I may give the people involved in the M&G or tours a list of names but never include the cabin numbers.

Mura

I have always enjoyed the pax books. They only list names and hometowns....

Like I said, they send out a note onboard if you don't want to include your name, you don't have to....

On my only cruise on O I was surprised they didn't do it, however with a lot more passengers I can see why.

Edited by smilin jack