My wife is going to kill me....

I'm new to Royal Caribbean. May I ask how you did this? Does RCI approach you with an offer or do you just watch for price drops and call when you see an opportunity?

It can happen either way.

I wouldn't have booked an aft CL. Our cabin is on the port side of the ship. RCCL just called me to let me know that they needed to move my cabin one room over so a family could have to cabins next to each other. For my trouble they offered an extra $100 OBC. Life is good (as long as the wife doesn't kille me). :D

Great upgrade!! Enjoy the suite life!!! and happy anniversary!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always wait to consider suites for the "high demand" cruises.

My NYE cruise this year has a bunch of JS available right now. The guarantee rate has already opened up, but given the high inventory I expect the prices to drop even more. I got a JS on my Allure cruise this past spring by waiting until about 9 days out to upgrade. Those last 2 weeks prior to sailing are filled with tons of drops for high inventory categories, drops that can occur at any time and go away quickly once inventory drops.

Hello Adam!

My husband Keith and I are on the same cruise (and on the Roll Call with you). Thinking that we so need to do a Cabin Crawl now!

When do you plan on springing this surprise on your wife?

Stacy

I would be very unhappy with my husband if he paid that much for a 7 day cruise, don't care if it is a suite! That's a lot more than we paid for our upcoming 13 night TA balcony. And he would be just as unhappy if I did it!:D

Sherri:)

I agree. We're on the Quantum maiden voyage and booked an inside cabin, with

virtual balcony for $599.00pp. To me, a suite just isn't worth the extra money.

However, if, I win the lottery, I might feel differently. :)

I would be very unhappy with my husband if he paid that much for a 7 day cruise, don't care if it is a suite! That's a lot more than we paid for our upcoming 13 night TA balcony. And he would be just as unhappy if I did it!:D

Sherri:)

Isn't it great that we have so many options?:)

Great price! We loved our loft suite when we went in April... So much we're returning when the Allure goes to Barcelona next year.

You'll love all the perks that come with having a suite. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by omgyani

From the "wife" perspective -- A number of years ago my DH upgraded us to an OS for my 50th birthday. I did not kill him. Unfortunately he did create a monster in that from that cruise on, I wanted that much real estate every time.

We are on the November 1st sailing. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary and her Birthday on this cruise. I wanted to make it extra special. Not too long ago the CL suites were going for over $7000 for two people. I love price drops!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I was going to say that we had CL 1730 for our Oasis 2010 cruise and it was over $7,000 for the two of us so that is an EXCELLENT price :D Have fun :)

[quote name='sjb317']I would be very unhappy with my husband if he paid that much for a 7 day cruise, don't care if it is a suite! That's a lot more than we paid for our upcoming 13 night TA balcony. And he would be just as unhappy if I did it!:D

Sherri:)[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Id rather use that money to go twice as long in a balcony cabin.

[quote name='StaBla']Hello Adam!

My husband Keith and I are on the same cruise (and on the Roll Call with you). Thinking that we so need to do a Cabin Crawl now!

When do you plan on springing this surprise on your wife?

Stacy[/QUOTE]

A cabin crawl sounds like fun! I'm terrible at keeping secrets so I told her when she got home from work. The good news is that she didn't kill me. The bad news is that I will be walking with a bit of a limp for a while. :D

[quote name='dorisis']If she loves it don't be surprised if that is what she will expect for the rest of your marraige. I waited until our 60th to book our first suite.[/quote]

*That* would be my only fear. OP, you done good!