Ebola scare?

pearose

For now, I’m looking at the bright side of things; in short time and with a little luck, I’ll board the ship, turn off all of those amazing electronic devices and escape from the daily “what-if’s” the not so amazing press offer up each day. It remains true; no one is getting out of here alive! Turn off the TV and computer and enjoy life while you can………….. ;)

That Frontier airline plane was cleaned in Dallas, but wasn't taken out of service before going to Fort Lauderdale. If I was on that plane & going on a cruise, I would be a little concerned.

I guess at least some of the passengers on that flight went on a cruise. Now they are seeking all passengers on those five flights. Guess they will have to wait till the cruise ships are back...

I guess at least some of the passengers on that flight went on a cruise. Now they are seeking all passengers on those five flights. Guess they will have to wait till the cruise ships are back...

Are you kidding me? Where did you hear this?

Ugh, this is my fear. I know it can't be transmitted by air, but if a cruise passenger was sitting next to her- do the math on that one. She's actually sicker than Nina Pham and it looks like her symptoms were present two days before she boarded the flight.

Are you kidding me? Where did you hear this?

Ugh, this is my fear. I know it can't be transmitted by air, but if a cruise passenger was sitting next to her- do the math on that one. She's actually sicker than Nina Pham and it looks like her symptoms were present two days before she boarded the flight.

Her friends at this point have ratted her out, and are letting authorities know that all the way back on Friday she was already "feeling weird." Her parents live down the street from me and they have now shut down 4 schools in the area. Everyone is extremely nervous here, and the people that are supposedly quaranteened are not being monitored.

At this point with her stupidity, I wouldn't trust that anyone would stay home from their cruise even if they were sick. I just don't trust it. I can say for sure that I will not be flying, and if we do still go on our cruise by driving I will be surprised, even though it's far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have another case here in Va. that is suspected. Guy flies in from west Africa, gets himself locked up in the local county jail, now 3 weeks later he is taken from the jail to the hospital with symptoms, but not yet confirmed. That's one way to get guaranteed health care :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Her friends at this point have ratted her out, and are letting authorities know that all the way back on Friday she was already "feeling weird." Her parents live down the street from me and they have now shut down 4 schools in the area. Everyone is extremely nervous here, and the people that are supposedly quaranteened are not being monitored.

At this point with her stupidity, I wouldn't trust that anyone would stay home from their cruise even if they were sick. I just don't trust it. I can say for sure that I will not be flying, and if we do still go on our cruise by driving I will be surprised, even though it's far out.

Nice. Just great. :(

It was tough to cancel my cruise. My TA said "just to confirm, Regal Princess departing on etc etc date going to etc etc" and I kept thinking "am I crazy? I work hard, I really want this vacay." But truth be told we just got off a B2B in August and I'm just not feeling like traveling at ALL right now. Things have to settle down and this has to pass before I'll get on a plane or ship.

And yes I know that flu kills 30,000 people a year but they're usually the elderly and immunocompromised. I know about car accidents, too. Those are static numbers. This is new.

I told my ta to make the payment on the last possible day which is Monday

Ours is a no fly cruise in January which gives me fear of noro anyway and we are planning on taking precautionary zinc etc starting early December.

However the way I see it if it is stupid to go when the date comes we will not go

The most we will be out is around $1700 plus $140 for insurance

I have zero faith that the insurance will cover this

I just saw that they are moving Nina Pham to Maryland to a different hospital now! Yikes, not too far from where I live now!

That should make you feel better, not worse. NIH in Bethesda is one of only four (yes, four) U.S. hospitals with the ability properly to isolate and care for people with Level 4 biohazard illnesses like Ebola. They have a specially-designed ward and staff who are trained to handle such patients, not to mention the appropriate protective gear.

We have another case here in Va. that is suspected. Guy flies in from west Africa, gets himself locked up in the local county jail, now 3 weeks later he is taken from the jail to the hospital with symptoms, but not yet confirmed. That's one way to get guaranteed health care :(

We got an update in this. No Ebola. Phew.

That should make you feel better, not worse. NIH in Bethesda is one of only four (yes, four) U.S. hospitals with the ability properly to isolate and care for people with Level 4 biohazard illnesses like Ebola. They have a specially-designed ward and staff who are trained to handle such patients, not to mention the appropriate protective gear.

I think there is a total of 19 "beds".

Actually went to a prep meeting for Ebola today, I work for a physician. This is my take on this situation and only my opinion. On my previous cruises, it seems that most of the crew where from foreign countries. My concern is if a crew member is on leave and cpmes back, could they perhaps carry virus back to the ship?..What steps is Carnival taking to protect the passangers and crew? Do they have the correct protocal and supplies needed if this happen? Just wondering...

Just throwing this out here...

"News 5 Live has confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, showing symptoms similar to that of the Ebola virus. According to the report made to MOH, the person exhibiting the symptoms did not come ashore today. The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

The Carnival Magic departed from Galveston Texas on Sunday, October 12 arrived in Mahogany Bay, Honduras on Wednesday October 15 and arrived in Belize this morning, Thursday October 16. The ship was scheduled to leave Belize en route to Cozumel this evening at 5pm. However, it is still anchored in Belizean waters near State Bank Caye.

We have also have confirmed that the Coast Guard has been deployed to prevent anyone from leaving the ship; including the Belizean pilot on board."

Source: