Cruise Atlas available on board?

jasbo49

Does anyone know whether the Future Cruise desk has Princess Cruise Atlases for those who want them? I ordered mine via the website Aug. 29, got the confirmation but no atlas. Repeated the whole thing Sept. 21. Still no atlas.

It's hard for me to believe it's been "lost in the mail" twice. Their confirmation always says to expect it within 7 business days. but it's been 2 1/2 weeks since my second order. Another post indicates several others have had this problem.

Since I'm boarding the Golden in 5 days, I'm starting to think that on board is the only place I'm gonna get one. But I don't know whether they have them. Geez, don't they want my money?

Jim

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Ordered online - twice - and have yet to receive the thing. I find it incredibly annoying.

If they are out of stock they should say so. If they are not out of stock then they should send the dang thing out instead of sending automagic confirmation that they've received the order and will ship it right out and then not doing so.

Jasbo .... Do you use a Travel Agent? Ours ask if we needed one because Princess had send her a large supply for her clients. We didn't (already had ours) ... but just saying your TA should be able to give/send one to you.

LuLu

Jasbo .... Do you use a Travel Agent? Ours ask if we needed one because Princess had send her a large supply for her clients. We didn't (already had ours) ... but just saying your TA should be able to give/send one to you.

LuLu

The Cruise Atlas I have now, the 2014-15 version, came from a travel agent. I went there in December, thinking I might be able to use him to book an anniversary cruise, but my impression was he knew less about cruising than I did.

He did offer me a Princess Cruise Atlas. I happily took it, but I don't want to prevail on him again, since I don't anticipate using his services.

Jim

Personally, I prefer the less bulky version downloaded here:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureRequest.page

The whole atlas is 21mb, but my laptop doesn't mind.

This version also seems convenient at, say, an office for some reason....

Thanks, MC. I'm sure that will work in a pinch. Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but I still like something I can hold in my hand or read at the breakfast table. I even read newspapers, believe it or not. I spend enough time staring at a computer as it is.

Jim

Does anyone know whether the Future Cruise desk has Princess Cruise Atlases for those who want them? I ordered mine via the website Aug. 29, got the confirmation but no atlas. Repeated the whole thing Sept. 21. Still no atlas.

It's hard for me to believe it's been "lost in the mail" twice. Their confirmation always says to expect it within 7 business days. but it's been 2 1/2 weeks since my second order. Another post indicates several others have had this problem.

Since I'm boarding the Golden in 5 days, I'm starting to think that on board is the only place I'm gonna get one. But I don't know whether they have them. Geez, don't they want my money?

Jim

Mine got lost too. Makes one wonder doesn't it.

I'll be on the Golden early next year. Looking forward to your cruise review.

I asked for an atlas at the Future Cruise desk this spring and got the impression that they do not carry them on board. They had the smaller/thinner brochures on the various regions, but not the big atlas. This was on CB.

I usually download the PDF onto my Kindle fire or my laptop, but I also like the paper copy to peruse. I just requested the paper copy last week, so we will see if it gets "lost".

I also have ordered twice online, once Aug 30 and again on Sept 21. Called Princess on Oct 5 and they put the order in for me again. I complained that they send out a confirmation email promising the items within 7 days. The rep claimed that the email says they will arrive in 7 days or when they are available, but that is NOT what the email states and told him so. He didn't seem very interested in what I had to say.

Still nothing so far.

You know the old adage, "you get what you paid for." How much did you pay!

Mine came a month ago without requesting it but then I ordered one last year and never received it, maybe they were filling last years order with this years Cruise Atlas. :)

You know the old adage, "you get what you paid for." How much did you pay!

Mine came a month ago without requesting it but then I ordered one last year and never received it, maybe they were filling last years order with this years Cruise Atlas. :)

I didn't pay anything but then I'm not the one who made the free offer, confirmed the order, and said the thing would be shipped. TWICE. If they aren't going to fulfill the offer they shouldn't make the darn thing.

Jim

Last month on the Grand Princess there was one in our cabin but I did not see any on the brochure display case by the Future Cruise Desk.