Platinum embarkation

sportsmum

Where on your express pass does it say you are platinum?

I did a search and see that I take my express pass to the front of the line (if there is a line) and they see it says platinum. Where do they see it? I don't see anywhere that it states that. It does say 'preferred boarding pass'. Is that it or do they all say that?

After all this there won't be much of a line and it will be for naught! Please don't see this as me wanting to butt in. I'm just getting so excited!:)

Where on your express pass does it say you are platinum?

I did a search and see that I take my express pass to the front of the line (if there is a line) and they see it says platinum. Where do they see it? I don't see anywhere that it states that. It does say 'preferred boarding pass'. Is that it or do they all say that?

After all this there won't be much of a line and it will be for naught! Please don't see this as me wanting to butt in. I'm just getting so excited!:)

All you need is the boarding pass. It's a different color for the early boarders, Elite, Platinum, etc.

Murphy's Law.

So I google searched after hitting submit and Murphy's Law applied.

Up came the tutorial from the Princess site so I watched it. Why do that BEFORE embarrassing yourself, right? It is the 'preferred' on the boarding pass that says you are platinum or in a suite. Otherwise it does not have the preferred.

At the top of the boarding pass is a stripe. It is Green if you are Platinum, Elite or booked in a suite. It is blue for all others. There will be people to direct you to the appropriate line.

Thank you! Yes, mine has a green stripe....... well, so does DH's but it's all about me this time!

Platinum, Elite and Suites all get the same pre-boarding advantage. All three say Preferred Boarding on their boarding pass. You all get in the same pre-boarding lines ahead of those without the advantage. Once you get your cruise card, you are then separated, with Elite's getting a special "lounge area" (some restrictions apply).

The cruise card will have your new Platinum color and distinguish you from the dreaded "blue cards". (all in fun, please no flaming)

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

Simply put, on your boarding pass on the top it will say "PREFERRED", color doesn't matter as not everyone prints in color
Exactly. Just show your boarding pass and you'll be directed to the correct waiting and check-in area. With hundreds and sometimes thousands of Platinum and Elite on a cruise, there's little special treatment.

I can't answer yet. I just got my Platinum status. :D

I'm excited as well. !!!

Pat

Hi Pat & Mike. I too am relatively newly Platinum[/sCOLOR]

Edited by Treven

They gave me (us) our pretty platinum cards at the end of the last cruise. Much ooo-ing and aww-ing...... not really, just a poke at the 'blue'.:D

Not expecting to be singled out. I have spent my life being one of many don't expect it to change in the near, or far, future! I do like the free internet minutes though.

While our Board Pass only has "Priority" printed, our Luggage Tags have "Elite" on them. Feel sure "Platinum" will be on your luggage tags.

Don't know why it's printed on the luggage tags because we don't get ours any sooner than anyone else. :rolleyes: :D

LuLu

It is for sure. I still have one on a small carry-on bag in my closet that I keep forgetting to cut off. :D

LuLu

I just printed my luggage tags out for my cruise on Nov. 10. It does not say your Captain's Circle level anymore. All it says is "Welcome". But on the boarding pass, it still says Preferred and has been previously mentioned, this is green. Not sure what colour is for new cruisers, gold or ruby members.

Just checked my boarding pass and luggage tags. My luggage tags from my May cruise show the Captain's Circle level. The luggage tags for my upcoming November cruise don't have that information. It just says Welcome Aboard in that part of the tag. I wonder why they changed the format. Probably just to justify some marketing person's salary...

Just checked my boarding pass and luggage tags. My luggage tags from my May cruise show the Captain's Circle level. The luggage tags for my upcoming November cruise don't have that information. It just says Welcome Aboard in that part of the tag. I wonder why they changed the format. Probably just to justify some marketing person's salary...

I must be a recent change. I printed by luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on 10/17 right after final payment and they said Platinum. I printed an extra luggage tag this weekend and it says Welcome Aboard.