Celebrity's 2016–2017 Deployment Opening Schedule

Celebrity Cruises

We just found the port schedule for Sydney - http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/31446/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v329_03_Nov_2014.pdf. In addition to the expected calls by Solstice, Millennium is there on 29th March 2016, 1st April 2017 and 20th November 2017.

Edited by Kamlee

We just found the port schedule for Sydney - http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/31446/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v329_03_Nov_2014.pdf. In addition to the expected calls by Solstice, Millennium is there on 29th March 2016, 1st April 2017 and 20th November 2017.

Cool. Thanks for the link also:D

Celebrity can you confirm what time bookings will open on Nov 11th?

Sorry, not sure yet.

When I called to confirm that cruisetours will be available to book (they are!), the person I talked to was under the impression that they'd be open to book 7AM Eastern time. He was NOT 100% sure though.

Be that as it may, since I get to work by 6AM in Chicago, I'll be signing on to make sure! :D

Oh that's interesting. I've been assuming a 12 night from Auckland to Sydney for the dates I'm looking at but that schedule leads me to think it might be a 15 night round trip from Sydney. That might make flights easier...

Some very odd dates for Solstice there! Shows as arriving 18th Oct 2016, then again on 21st, 22nd, 24th, 31st and 3rd November. Mighty short trips there.

The Abu Dhabi round-trip sailings are very exciting to me! I guess the itinerary will include an overnight in Dubai and some ports in Oman, it's an itinerary I have always been willing to do but have not done because just Italian or German cruise lines like AIDA, TUI, Costa or MSC are offering lately.

Celebrity is finally innovating with its itineraries! Does anyone know the months the Connie would be sailing out of Abu Dhabi approximately?

Looking forward to see the whole Celebrity 2016-17 schedule!!!

Some very odd dates for Solstice there! Shows as arriving 18th Oct 2016, then again on 21st, 22nd, 24th, 31st and 3rd November. Mighty short trips there.

Yes, I noticed there are some potential discrepancies as well - for example, the Solstice supposedly will be in Dunedin Nov 21, then Sydney Nov 24, then Hobart Nov 25, then Sydney again Nov 27. I suppose that's possible, except that the Hobart schedule also shows direction and it's listed as arriving from NZ and departing to Sydney. That leads me to believe the Sydney Nov 24 date isn't correct, especially in light of all those October dates you've listed.

Other than what ships are doing Australia, don't give too much credit to the dates. I tried to do this last year (we're desperate for a Queensland Cruise) but when the schedule was actually released, lots of dates were different on Sydney's schedule.

On reflecting I wonder if Celebrity have simply booked the port slots prior to working out exactly which itineraries will follow the Transpacific. Would seem strange not to follow the TP with a week or more around the other pacific islands as many people will book B2B for that and short (taster?) cruises won't fit the bill.

Hi Beth,

I'm also wondering if their plan is to move Summit to Ft Lauderdale, to handle the short sailings. Those San Juan sailing per diems are pretty abysmal.

Is it already clear that Summit is due to move to Ft. Lauderdale? I cannot imagine that the San Juan sailings are not doing well, since those itineraries are very appealing - when we sailed on her on San Juan (two times), she did not seem to be empty... :confused:

I could imagine that the short silings from Ft. Lauderdale will be dropped down - a premium cruise line offering short breaks??

I thought it would be more RCI-style, and Celebrity offering 7 night cruises and longer...

Also Summit is listed at St. Maarten throughout winter 2016/17...

So it seems that we won't be able to view the itineraries until the 11th - the same day they are available for booking?

I doubt you will be able to "view" the itineraries on the 11th. Probably not until they are open to the public on the 14th. If my memory serves me correctly, you have to have Celebrity or your TA tell you what the itinerary actually is. A PITA for sure! Possibly available on the Captain's Club section of the website??? That would be the first place I would check.

Edited by gimletgal

Is it already clear that Summit is due to move to Ft. Lauderdale?.

Nothing is confirmed. My comments were a continuation of an earlier discussion. It's entirely possible Summit will remain in San Juan. We'll see what happens.

Hi all,

We kindly ask that you please try to refrain from posting the entire schedule on here. These are confidential links that are not intended to be shared. Thank you for your cooperation.

They can't be confidential links when you put them on a site accessible to the public and searchable by google. Your web team may need further training to put them on a confidential site in the future. Plus TAs are already advertising them for pre registration. But your loyal clientele have been asking for this kind of information for years. Yes, things are subject to change. But it's better to have the information rather than 1000's of people phoning the captains club line on opening day trying to get scraps of information on itineraries.

If we hadn't have got it from you, we would have got it elsewhere just like we did last year.

Edited by Cruise Junky