Upgrade fairy strikes (I HOPE)

rt1092

Just checking on our Nov 22 reservation. (doing a ghost booking to check the price). And I noticed that the cabin we had booked was available.

So I guess the upgrade fairy has struck. We got no notice from Royal yet. But if they rebook our cabin , they'll have to put us somewhere. For the price we paid maybe they are expecting us to sleep in a lifeboat.

Just checking on our Nov 22 reservation. (doing a ghost booking to check the price). And I noticed that the cabin we had booked was available.

So I guess the upgrade fairy has struck. We got no notice from Royal yet. But if they rebook our cabin , they'll have to put us somewhere. For the price we paid maybe they are expecting us to sleep in a lifeboat.

Have you tried logging in to your reservation and checking assigned cabin number?

Doesn't sound like an upgrade, more like they cancelled your reservation? I would call ASAP..

Paid in full. They better have not canceled it. I don't see the cabin up anymore. But someone could have put it on hold.

I'm not going to call them. I've kept my part of the agreement (paid in full). The ball is in their court.

I remember our last cruise someone had booked an OV guarantee. They gave them an inside and a paltry sum of onboard credit. They said there was nothing they could do, they didn't allow the person to cancel without penalty. Upon arriving at the ship a balcony magically appeared.

Many times when checking a reservation even though on the first page you select he date of your cruise the website bumps you to another date and you have to adjust that on the second page where you enter the number of guests, state and seniors information.

This has happened to me many times and initially I think I just scored a huge price drop when in fact I was looking at the wrong date.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Many times when checking a reservation even though on the first page you select he date of your cruise the website bumps you to another date and you have to adjust hat on the second page where you enter the number of guests, state and seniors information.

This has happened to me many times and initially I think I just scored a hipuge price drop when in fact I was looking at he wrong date.

YES!! Seems like everytime I log on to check my cruise prices it ALWAYS bumps me to another sailing...

OP...I would still log in to see what cabin they are showing you in... it's possible you weren't on your actual cruise date even though you thought you were....

RCI computer "accidently" canceled our Australia cruise last month and there was only 1 room to put us back into. Had we not called to check on it, we would have been out airfare there (7K) and hotel costs, not to mention very upset. They gave us a royal family suite and $350 in on board credit, but I have to say, it was a 18 hour nightmare trying to figure it all out.

I am just happy I called. Don't wait too long or you too could be out a room and a vacation!

Paid in full. They better have not canceled it. I don't see the cabin up anymore. But someone could have put it on hold.

I'm not going to call them. I've kept my part of the agreement (paid in full). The ball is in their court.

I remember our last cruise someone had booked an OV guarantee. They gave them an inside and a paltry sum of onboard credit. They said there was nothing they could do, they didn't allow the person to cancel without penalty. Upon arriving at the ship a balcony magically appeared.

OK.... ah.. ah... I am speechless. :confused: :eek:

RCI computer "accidently" canceled our Australia cruise last month and there was only 1 room to put us back into. Had we not called to check on it, we would have been out airfare there (7K) and hotel costs, not to mention very upset. They gave us a royal family suite and $350 in on board credit, but I have to say, it was a 18 hour nightmare trying to figure it all out.

I am just happy I called. Don't wait too long or you too could be out a room and a vacation!

OH.MY.GOSH!:eek:

I would never just let it ride. I would be on the phone to Royal immediately!

In fact, I noticed about a month ago, that our Indy cruise for Jan 2016 had disappeared from the available cruises. Knowing that probably meant it had been chartered and we were going to be kicked off that cruse and have to move it, I called. At that point, they had no info so could not do anything. Called about 2 weeks later and still nothing. lo and behold, today I got the email telling me the ship had been chartered and what my options were to move my cruise. But b/c I already knew it was coming, I was not surprised at all when I got the email. I had already looked at the other weeks, and had already determined what date we would move to. So when I called, it was very seamless, moved the cruise, got the OBC they gave me to move it and I was done.

Yesterday, I happened to pull up my Dec 15 Celebrity cruise on Cruising Power and noticed $125 of my OBC was gone. Called and they had no explanation of what had happened, but they put it back on. Again, would not have been fixed if I would not have called.

I leave nothing to chance. I want to make sure my cruises are exactly what I expect. If anything out of the ordinary shows up when I am checking on them, I call Royal right away and get it fixed.

I'm just going to let it ride. I know that Royal internet has changed dates when you click on them. I always double check. I even had a loyalty ambassador. make a reservation for 2 cabins for my wife,myself and my MIL and it was the same ship but 2 different sail dates. No problem because I just booked to use as a nextcruise.

I will call them a week or so before the cruise. I'm retired and if they were to mistakenly cancel it would not be a big thing. No airfare involved. I'm sure Royal will do the right thing.

The cabin we have booked has not been on the available list since yesterday. So either they caught their mistake or we will get an upgrade. No problem either way.

You're way more trusting and less of a worrier than I am! You do realize this is RCI's IT Department you're talking about, don't you?:rolleyes: I think you need to check your reservation, then get on the phone to confirm whatever you see or don't see on your "My Cruises" page!

I'm confused :confused: Why come on this board and ask if it's possible you've been upgraded when you could just log into Royal Caribbean and check your cabin number.

I've changed cabins many times and sometimes it takes a week or more to get right in "my cruises"

You're way more trusting and less of a worrier than I am! You do realize this is RCI's IT Department you're talking about, don't you?:rolleyes: I think you need to check your reservation, then get on the phone to confirm whatever you see or don't see on your "My Cruises" page!

It's not a matter of worrying. A couple of years ago. We were on a cruise and in the middle of the first night our toilet started erupting like Mt Vesuvius. It overflowed on the rug in the cabin And it was wet for half the cabin. They stopped the running toilet (it wasn't stopped up just something else wrong) The next morning they came back and due to the wet rug moved us from a balcony to a JS. Even though they said they were sold out.

If we have the cabin we booked fine, if not they can upgrade us. Or if they mistakenly canceled I'm sure there will be some Royal perks in store. We will be half way to "pineapple" soon I'm sure they won't want to upset us.

OP, a number of people (myself included) have asked why you don't just log into your RC account and check your cabin number. You are D+ so must be familiar with this.

We were upgraded earlier this year without any contact and I only found out when I logged in to my account 10 days from our sailing. Just log into your account and your cabin number will be listed - if it's the same as it was you haven't been upgraded if it's different (and an upgrade!) you have.

Simple :)