Dynamic Dining coming to Allure

Just noticed on the website that it says DD coming to Allure in April 2015.

Under dining the description does say Oasis BUT it also says April 2015 which is not in the description found on the Oasis page.

Also in the pictures above that scroll through a series of 4 pictures it has one that shows DD coming to Allure.

Seems a bit odd since her dry dock is in May.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/booking/setDepartureInfo/checkAvailability.do

imagejpg1_zps7b31b20a.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Didn't really surprise me. What is surprising though is the backtracking on the Freedom. Who knows maybe for now they will stop at Oasis class.

Well with the obvious caveat that nothing RCI says is forever and everything is subject to change, AG did say in his podcast last spring that DD was a Quantum class thing initially until proven and then with other new builds, implying Oasis class. He also alluded that rolling DD out when done would be limited to those ships that could support the infrastructure required with multiple venues - again read Oasis class - so maybe they are rethinking Freedom in view of that? Who knows - certainly not sure if even they do!! :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks Ken for posting. April sounds awfully close to when DD goes into effect on Oasis. Surprised it's happening before Dry Dock.

Perhaps you mean Allure, to which Ken is referencing in this thread. Oasis is in dry dock now and the changes have already been made for what has been indicated to be a spring DD launch. The new deck plans were on the website - but apparently have been pulled - which confirmed the changes.

Allure's dry dock is May '15 as previously mentioned.

Thanks Ken for posting. April sounds awfully close to when DD goes into effect on Oasis. Surprised it's happening before Dry Dock.

Those were my thoughts as well.

At first when I saw it I thought that maybe both the Oasis and Allure we pages were using the same link to a master page but then noticed the differences and the picture above came up.

Not sure of the reason for launching it for just a couple of cruises before dry dock.

I had also started a thread on this when I saw it on the website. Many speculated that the April date is wrong, or meant for Oasis, since in the description under "Ship Highlights" it does mention Oasis of the Seas.

Here's the thread if any one is interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106987

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I had also started a thread on this when I saw it on the website. Many speculated that the April date is wrong, or meant for Oasis, since in the description under "Ship Highlights" it does mention Oasis of the Seas.

Here's the thread if any one is interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106987

Your right. I remembered that thread but did not remember that the picture was there as well and somehow thought that it was March and Not April. Memory is going.

Since it's still up I'm wondering if it is in fact accurate. If it was an error then maybe (and it's a big maybe) it would have been corrected by now.

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread.

Can't see that happening on here. The regular posters would pick it up but for all the new posters the ?OS is very easy and intuitive.

Welcome to another round of guess the ship.

AOS

EOS

LOS

MOS

OOS

POS. (I just like that one, sorry)

ROS

SOS ( really bad connotation )

VOS

Oh, and there will soon be 3 AOS

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

AOS

EOS

LOS

MOS

OOS

ROS

VOS

Indeed.

Then again...with this having Allure in the Tread Title...one would typically figure out what the A in AOS would be...unless the "A" got abused in a post of course... :D

AOS

EOS

LOS

MOS

OOS

ROS

VOS

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think they need to rethink some of the trademarked names. I can just imagine how the reviews will read.

Your right. I remembered that thread but did not remember that the picture was there as well and somehow thought that it was March and Not April. Memory is going.

Since it's still up I'm wondering if it is in fact accurate. If it was an error then maybe (and it's a big maybe) it would have been corrected by now.

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread.

No problem. And yes, that is a huge maybe! We all know how Royal's IT department can be! :D