Do suite guests have priority to reserve dinner reservations.

cruzemaven

Wondering whether suite guest have priority in reserving specialty restaurants over other passengers. Are they given the ability to reserve before they board?

My experience is also that if one is on Anytime Dining, then the DINE line phones in the morning and asks what time you want to dine and if you miss the call, they leave a message asking you to call them back.

I also found that, after a couple of days, we always got the same table.

I have not had the impression find that we had any priority for speciality dining, though I must admit we have not failed to get a reservation.

Also pretty sure that my other half had a few problems getting her hairdressing appointments sorted in the lead up to Christmas Day, so I don't think one gets any priority there either.

My experience is also that if one is on Anytime Dining, then the DINE line phones in the morning and asks what time you want to dine and if you miss the call, they leave a message asking you to call them back

In all the years of cruising we have never been called to ask what time we wanted to dine, not once.;)

Did anyone mention something about consistency?

Mike:)

Try typing "suite passenger perks" into Google. Click on the very first hit. Will take about 5 seconds and you will find out everything you want to know about suite perks.

DON

Not to stray off topic, but what does it say about this board's search engine when you can get a much better match by using Google? I do that all the time.

Back on topic, we are traveling in our first full suite in January. Looking forward to this perk (if we need it). :)

In all the years of cruising we have never been called to ask what time we wanted to dine, not once.;)

Did anyone mention something about consistency?

Just to be clear, I was making my comment in the context of the original question which related to suite passengers.

My comment about the DINE line phoning related only to full suites.

Just to be clear, I was making my comment in the context of the original question which related to suite passengers.

My comment about the DINE line phoning related only to full suites.

As was I.

We have always sailed in a full suite and have mostly used anytime dining and have never been called to ask what time we wanted to eat in the dining room.

As was I.

We have always sailed in a full suite and have mostly used anytime dining and have never been called to ask what time we wanted to eat in the dining room.

Agree... I have never been called to ask when I would like to dine when staying in a full suite either. But, I was able to make a reservation when I called the dine line at the time I wished. On the same ship on a different cruise when staying in a mini, I was not able to get a reservation when I called.

Recently on the Golden, we were in a window suite (very nice BTW) and had Anytime Dining. I would call the DINE line to reserve a table for a certain time first thing in the morning. Initially, the lady said that it was either 5:45 or 8 PM. That is a no go. I then informed her, nicely of course, that we are in a suite and gave her our suite number. THEN we got the time we wanted, no problem. So, the moral of the story is that make sure you mention that you are in a suite and give the DINE line your suite number.

Wondering whether suite guest have priority in reserving specialty restaurants over other passengers. Are they given the ability to reserve before they board?

They can reserve once on board. We didn't have priority, that I know of. One of the perks was dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night. We had no trouble getting in.

PAX in suites can also reserve for anytime dining. Upsets people standing in line. One woman got in front of me and told me to go to the end of the line when I walked up to see the Maitre D. She was not mollified when I told her we were in a suite and had a reservation. So, she took her case up with the Maitre D and was told that, yes, they had a reservation for us and that it was one of the perks for a full suite. She was still hot under the collar and said loudly that "some people think they're pretty special being in suites." Not special, just paid for a full suite. I really thought she was going to hit or shove me. Sigh.

As was I.

Strange indeed. Can't see any hidden reason why we should be treated differently to anyone else. Maybe it was a function of the size of the ship and the number of suites as we tend to avoid the larger ships.

Certainly it happened last Christmas on Island, though I seem to recall that by about day three they simply asked us if we wanted the same reservation every evening and then did not call again but we always had the same table.

Will be interesting to see if the same happens next Christmas (2015) when we are back on Island by which time the number of suites will have increased from 16 to 31.

Won't be getting any calls this Christmas as we are on one of the little sisters and they do not do Anytime Dining.

Strange indeed. Can't see any hidden reason why we should be treated differently to anyone else. Maybe it was a function of the size of the ship and the number of suites as we tend to avoid the larger ships.

Certainly it happened last Christmas on Island, though I seem to recall that by about day three they simply asked us if we wanted the same reservation every evening and then did not call again but we always had the same table.

Will be interesting to see if the same happens next Christmas (2015) when we are back on Island by which time the number of suites will have increased from 16 to 31.

Won't be getting any calls this Christmas as we are on one of the little sisters and they do not do Anytime Dining.

You got special treatment.;)

We usually cruise the smaller girls as well and have been in a suite on the Island twice but no calls.

I think I will pout.:rolleyes:

Will let you know if they call us next week on the Ruby.

PAX in suites can also reserve for anytime dining. Upsets people standing in line. One woman got in front of me and told me to go to the end of the line when I walked up to see the Maitre D. She was not mollified when I told her we were in a suite and had a reservation. So, she took her case up with the Maitre D and was told that, yes, they had a reservation for us and that it was one of the perks for a full suite. She was still hot under the collar and said loudly that "some people think they're pretty special being in suites." Not special, just paid for a full suite. I really thought she was going to hit or shove me. Sigh.

I'm reasonably certain I will never sail in a suite. You paid the $$$ for the suite. You get the perks. That's how it works everywhere. Enjoy your perks. I don't have them but I also didn't pay for them so I don't see that I have any room to get all peeved about it. Some people don't get it and are unpleasant about it. It's a bummer but it's true. For what it's worth there were probably any number of non-suite people waiting there who thought the woman was totally out of line.

We did our first Princess cruise last year, 26 nights on the Crown Princess.We had Anytime dining and were in a normal mini suite, so no perks. Every evening some passengers arrived at the popular times and had what looked to be regular reserved seating by the windows or with a certain server. We asked about reserving and was told 5.45pm or after 8pm or 8.30pm, can't quite remember but just the wrong times for us. We were very perplexed about it.

Edited by maz48

Anytime we are in a full suite, we have received a phone call each morning asking if we want reservations not just in the dining room but any of the Specialty Restaurants also. Guess we have just been lucky.....

You were very lucky. I was in a full suite on CB where they didn't take any reservations for Anytime dining.

Called the Dine line and Full suite got no special treatment to alter the policy. And they most certainly weren't calling to find out when we wanted to eat.

Only full suite perk was ordering room service from the MDR dinner menu, which ended up being the alternative used to eat at the time wanted.

We did our first Princess cruise last year, 26 nights on the Crown Princess.We had Anytime dining and were in a normal mini suite, so no perks. Every evening some passengers arrived at the popular times and had what looked to be regular reserved seating by the windows or with a certain server. We asked about reserving and was told 5.45pm or after 8pm or 8.30pm, can't quite remember but just the wrong times for us. We were very perplexed about it.

We were on the Island in April and had Traditional dining. They put quite a number of us in Anytime dining since there were so many asking for Traditional and yes we had the same table and staff each night. It was around 5;30 and anytime dining did not always look full. So I guess it can and does happen.