Port Bermuda Webcam Right Now!

Jon in the ATL

It's getting bad but I am impressed that I still have electricity. The wind is very high but I don't see my debris or anything so that is good. My neighbor left his car window down and I went and told him. I think he wanted a submarine :D

Where in Bermuda are you located?

The Royal Gazette reports they've rescued a man from a boat in trouble:

Members of the Regiment’s Operational Support Unit (OSU) and the airport-based Immediate Response Team (IRT) joined police and firefighters after they were alerted to a boat in trouble at the dock at the end of Chapel of Ease Road in St David’s.

OSU team leader Corporal Shuunto James said: “The weather was just starting to blow up and the water was coming in very strong.

“We were very concerned about the man’s safety — we didn’t want him to be in jeopardy over the course of the hurricane.”

The middle-aged man, who lives on the boat, moved it from Mullet Bay to the Chapel of Ease dock but was hit by high seas and strong winds and the emergency services went to his rescue at about 4pm.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20141017/NEWS/141019722

And this resident is providing her first hand accounts:

http://stormcarib.com/reports/current/bermuda.shtml

Edited by SeaHunt

Highest I have been in is a Cat 3 in my boating days a long time ago. There will be few leaves on the trees, damage could be extensive. If Powerful and Faithful are damaged (tugs currently at the dock in Hamilton) they will have trouble with shipping and tricky channels. Power lines will be affected. Guests in hotels could be using the pools as bath tubs with no power to pump water.

I remember after Huga in St. Thomas the manager of the provisioning company we used ate canned food for almost a month until power was restored. She said she couldn't walk down the supermarket aisle with canned tuna.

The good news? Buildings and homes in Bermuda are generally built well. Hopefully that will cut down on flying projectiles----very dangerous in hurricanes.

If this is a 3 or 4, it may take Bermuda a wee bit to bounce back.

Hard to find people more nice than the people of Bermuda. Keep them in your prayers tonight. It's always more frightening after dark.

Edited by Donut23

Oh, it's still raining. They'll be in the eye very shortly. Not sure what's showing on the webcam now. It's a building, but I don't recognize it and it's flooded around it. It's too close a shot to be the buildings on the pier. DH said it almost looks like the building is on fire.

Edited by BND

where are all the people? In NJ there would be 100 or more out watching, LOL

They're smarter than us...except the guy who tried to ride Gonzalo out on his moored boat. Not surprisingly...it didn't stayed moored for long. Luckily, two police boats, I think, rescued him. Best of luck to the beautiful people of Bermuda and prayers to stay safe.

Witnessed first hand Hurricaine Charlie in Disney a few years back.

The Wilderness lodge campground people moved to wilderness lodge.

The roof leaking.....the winds....the building shaking.....

Yup, bucket list fulfilled, don't want to be in a situation like that again.

Safe travels to all

Sea Ya