Live from Equinox

excitedofharpenden

I also heard the crickets on the Equinox, but only near the lawn on deck 15; as someone who loves camping and being outdoors, I thought it was a nice touch -- but I can understand how the constant noise might be annoying for someone trying to relax on a balcony.

As to the "theme" music that was piped in to "enhance" our sail into Venice -- it was enjoyable for the first 20 minutes or so, but it wasn't long before the constant repetition of the 3 selections wore extremely thin. It was even worse when docked in Toulon with the loudspeakers on the pool deck blaring out what passes for French music -- one single male voice bleating over and over again about lost love and redemption -- surely they could have found something a little more uplifting, or canned the idea altogether.

Other than a few irritants, though, it was a most enjoyable cruise.

Chirping crickets?

some S class ships have odd noises in the little area going from lobby to specialty dining...but throuout the ship sounds wierd!

Hope they stop that before we cruise on her next year!

Lawn Club deck 15 and the Promenade deck was where I heard them. I thought it a nice touch to begin with, but it was there all of the time and wore thin. As far as I know crickets don't inhabit the Bay of Kotor, certainly not at 5.45am when it's around 48 degrees outside;)

Phil

Crickets? Early in the morning??? May have to bring an exterminator along. I so hope Celebrity gets over this "musical" madness before we board the Equinox next fall. I prefer to enjoy the experience of being at sea. If I want music, it's available to me without bothering everybody else.

Thanks for your report.

Crickets? Early in the morning??? May have to bring an exterminator along. I so hope Celebrity gets over this "musical" madness before we board the Equinox next fall. I prefer to enjoy the experience of being at sea. If I want music, it's available to me without bothering everybody else.

Thanks for your report.

That is totally my feeling too. In the morning when I sat up at the Lawn Club with maybe me and two or three others I had to resort to bringing my iPod and earbuds to drown out the sound of the Muzak. Crazy.

One other thing I found at the Lawn Club. It's smoking port side only, but if there is a cigar smoker or two like there was on our cruise it stunk out the whole area, both port and starboard.

Phil

I came back from this cruise yesterday. I had a good time. Some quick comments:

• Texas hold'em is with electronic tables. They mentioned some tournaments in the dailies but I never saw anyone at those tables when I walked by.
  • Gastro bar- they have quite a few beers available. I never saw anyone order food though.
  • The cricket noise was weird. Very loud on deck 5.
  • Ventriloquist was the best of all the shows I saw (did not see them all).
  • Nightlife was quiet. Bars open but with hardly any passengers in them.
  • Get onboard credit now for a future cruise booked on board promotion- this seemed very popular. Always people in that office on deck 5.
  • Got off the ship at 8:30, got a cab with only a few minutes wait time. Was at the airport about 20 minutes after that.
  • Venice sail-in and sail-away were awesome! Was this the last time a ship this size can do this?
  • Villefranche- We got a letter from Celebrity the night before that buses and trains were on strike. I wanted to take the train to Monaco but I didn't bother going into town until it was too late. There I found out that the buses were on strike, but not the trains. Shame on Celebrity for giving false info and shame on me for not verifying it. Lesson learned.:mad:

I'll post more stuff later. Too much to do right now :)

Thanks! Were you able to look at the wine selection?

EW

I don't think the Gastrobar has access to all the bottles on board. However other venues, like the MDR and specialty restaurants, do have a list. I don't have a copy, but I'm sure some of the threads on this board will have a list you can see. We had the drink package so we got wine by the glass and did not pay attention to what was available in bottles only.

Phil,

Thanks for a very enjoyable thread....disappointed about the background music and nature noises...so fake. Description of your viewing cobstellations, shooting stars...excellent!

Hope the cricket noises are quelled...as complaints are noted,,,,

I don't think the Gastrobar has access to all the bottles on board. However other venues, like the MDR and specialty restaurants, do have a list. I don't have a copy, but I'm sure some of the threads on this board will have a list you can see. We had the drink package so we got wine by the glass and did not pay attention to what was available in bottles only.

The 'by the glass' selections are what we are looking for.

We have just returned as well. The crickets were odd. Reminded me of the first time we stayed at Disney World. Got a bit wearing. Martini bar music was a nightmare. Bar tenders kept turning it up.

Food was pretty good on the whole, only found it too salty once or twice.

There was no English breakfast or Darjeeling tea in cafe al bacio until Marseille, and it ran out before we got back to Barcelona.

Had a great time though.

We have just returned as well. The crickets were odd. Reminded me of the first time we stayed at Disney World. Got a bit wearing. Martini bar music was a nightmare. Bar tenders kept turning it up.

There was no English breakfast or Darjeeling tea in cafe al bacio until Marseille, and it ran out before we got back to Barcelona.

Had a great time though.

Not happy to hear this report about the Martini Bar "music" on Equinox. We really disliked the new vibe there on our Summit sailing. Even on our (mostly elderly passenger) Canada/NE cruise, they played annoying & repetitive techno-style (??) music. We were lucky in that they were able to keep the volume somewhat low and even turned it off when there was, occasionally, competing music nearby. The martini bar was pretty deserted on our cruise. We mostly took our martinis "to go" because of the atmosphere.

(We are only in our mid-50's and like a very wide variety of music. My husband is a musician, so this is not about us being anti-music or old "fuddy duddies".)

I'm disappointed because we hoped to spend some time at the Martini Bar on our upcoming 8/1 Equinox sailing. We became BIG fans of the martini bar on Equinox's maiden transatlantic back in 2009. It was always packed and had a vibrant atmosphere with entertaining "flair" bartenders. I wonder why Celebrity felt the need to change it?

Glad to hear you had a great time, overall!

Jane

Had a great time though.

They ran out of English breakfast tea and hot chocolate in cafe al Bacio during the last two days of the previous cruise. Pretty disappointing when those are the only two drinks I like there and had bought a non alcohol package :(