Currently on Naviagtor

Captain Clouse just announced that they need to collect all passports before our arrival in Belize.

Been on the Navigator to Belize. Didn't have to relinquish our passports on that cruise, so wonder if this is due to last week's Ebola scare from the Carnival passenger. Very interesting.

Hoping the weather improves!

Edited by denamo

They said that Belize contacted our ship this morning about collecting passports. We will be arriving an hour early to allow more time for this process. We are supposed to go down to guest services any time before our departure from Honduras tomorrow. They scan your sea pass and then the passport. I will report back about how the collection process goes.

They said that Belize contacted our ship this morning about collecting passports. We will be arriving an hour early to allow more time for this process. We are supposed to go down to guest services any time before our departure from Honduras tomorrow. They scan your sea pass and then the passport. I will report back about how the collection process goes.

I'm interested to hear how the process goes. We cruise in december and Belize is one of our ports. We were there in 2013 and didn't have to do that. :confused:

Having a great cruise! Crappy weather today but it should clear up for tomorrow in Honduras.

Any questions?

I just want to know if you are having a great time, we'll be on her in a few weeks and can't wait. 17th cruise, first on RCI.

thank you very much.

and i'm sure the passport thing for Belize is because of the carnival magic thing.

they want to see where you've been.

I don't know,did the cruise start in US port?Cuz then you don't need a passport and they won't know where you've been anyhow without a passport.Just thinking out loud.More of a question

I don't know,did the cruise start in US port?Cuz then you don't need a passport and they won't know where you've been anyhow without a passport.Just thinking out loud.More of a question

That was my immediate question too. Not sure, but I guess those that travel without passports are taking a chance that a country may not let them off the ship. Another argument for getting a passport.

It is probably likely that the people traveling with birth certificates haven't been out of the country. It's not a 100%, because they could choose not to use their passport, but likely.

Interesting when there is a procedure change. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Over on the "other" board comment (not fact, comment) that both Royal and Carnival are in discussions with Belize. While the Ebola thing remains in headlines, both lines. according to the comment, are looking at cancelling Belize. Belize is also a pain when disembarking. Folks rant and whine about Disembarkation in Galveston, but the problem only happens when Belize is one of the stops on the itinerary...seems the US is concerned about drug trafficking out of Belize.

Ironic, Belize is looking at US originating passengers while the US keeps the gates wide open for folks from the infected areas.....

Having a great cruise! Crappy weather today but it should clear up for tomorrow in Honduras.

Any questions?

I just want to know if you are having a great time, we'll be on her in a few weeks and can't wait. 17th cruise, first on RCI.

:confused: I take it you didn't read what you quoted, as in the part where they start Having a great cruise:rolleyes: I think they have already answered that:D