when do you get Mariner discount?

Riversedge

I just booked a Canelleto reservation for 4. We are 3* Mariners so there should be a 25% discount but they charged my card for the whole $40.00. When will I get the credit for the $10 they "overcharged" me? Will it be off my onboard account? I was surprised they didn't give the discount when it was booked.

As I said earlier, we receive our discounts at the beginning of the cruise. Our cruises tend to be around 3-4 weeks long and we have several prepaid dinner reservations. All discounts have been credited before we even set foot in the restaurant.

HAL is known for their inconsistency, this could be another example.

As I said earlier, we receive our discounts at the beginning of the cruise. ... All discounts have been credited before we even set foot in the restaurant.

Likewise ... on our recent Eurodam cruise all our specialty restaurant discounts were applied as credits on the first day.

Likewise ... on our recent Eurodam cruise all our specialty restaurant discounts were applied as credits on the first day.[/size]

same with us on the Prinsendam (just got off) and our previous cruises on the Maasdam and Prinsendam

We have never failed to get Four Star and ultimately Five Star Mariner Discount for our Pinnacle and Tamarind meals. The only time we dined in Canaletto we were guests of someone else so don't know what they paid.

As I said earlier, we receive our discounts at the beginning of the cruise. Our cruises tend to be around 3-4 weeks long and we have several prepaid dinner reservations. All discounts have been credited before we even set foot in the restaurant.

HAL is known for their inconsistency, this could be another example.

Very true about HAL being inconsistent.

I have never seen our discounts appear on the first day and we take many 3 week long cruises.

I check the dates when the credits appear on our shipboard account. A few times we got them about day 3 -- lump sum credit. Most times I see the credit after we have dined at the specialty restaurants.

Very true about HAL being inconsistent.

I have never seen our discounts appear on the first day and we take many 3 week long cruises.

I check the dates when the credits appear on our shipboard account. A few times we got them about day 3 -- lump sum credit. Most times I see the credit after we have dined at the specialty restaurants.

I have to agree with KK, we eat primarily in the Pinnacle and we don't see the discounted price until we have eaten there, applied to our account. We usually take 2 week to 4 week cruises.

I have to agree with KK, we eat primarily in the Pinnacle and we don't see the discounted price until we have eaten there, applied to our account. We usually take 2 week to 4 week cruises.

Agree with PathfinderEss, as our discounts show up the day we've eaten at either the Pinnacle Grille or Tamarind.