Live review with pics, Equinox, Oct 27, TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.

cl.klink

Guest USC Traveler

joel....your "live from" was brilliant. the best i've ever followed. it's always sad to get off the ship expecially such a long, enjoyable cruise like you had to endure. it's a rotten task, but someone has to do it, right?

most princess ships have that large outdoors movie screen. they call it MUTS, movies under the stars. they also have concerts besides just movies. and yes, they do serve popcorn with the movies. they also have a smaller indoors movie theater too.

i will email you. it would be nice to keep in touch. my address is: dir44 @ msn .com

Edited by USC Traveler

Joel,

Hope you and your wife had a wonderful anniversary...thank you so much for the posts and pictures...and for delivering Equinox safely back to Ft. Lauderdale. I am looking at Equinox right now on the Port Everglades webcam and wishing that February 13, 2015, would get here quickly. The next 95 days waiting to board will be a challenge!

Safe travels home.

Susan

Joel,

Thank you so much for the wonderful trip report.

It was wonderful sailing along with you.

Watched you come in from the bridge!

Wallie,

I'm so excited that your long anticipated cruise has finally arrived.

I'll be looking for your comments and reactions to the "new" Equinox.

We don't sail until February so will be anxious to hear what you have to say.

Will you start a new thread or continue this one or the "Gastropub" one?

BON VOYAGE !!!

So sad to leave this nice ship and end this enjoyable trip. Booking another cruise while on board has reduced the post-cruise depression I'm otherwise now entering. But, man, it's hard going back to being normal again.

Writing this post has been fun. I've been much more of a watcher on CC than a participator, and I certainly know a lot less than many of you. Thanks to those who have followed. Apologies for the many typos from this text correcting thing on iPhones and iPads, and for my occasional factual errors (if only all the room service stuff was free!). My goal was to give a sense of being on a trip, and of enjoying it, both so some of you could be here vicariously, and so I can do so too when I look back on this later!

Bon Voyage!

- Joel

Thanks for sharing this. You captured a lot of the essence of a cruise. Your remark, "Just like that, it's done" shows the letdown.

Looking forward to doing this cruise next fall. Thanks for all the information you shared.

Joel,

Hope you and your wife had a wonderful anniversary...thank you so much for the posts and pictures...and for delivering Equinox safely back to Ft. Lauderdale. I am looking at Equinox right now on the Port Everglades webcam and wishing that February 13, 2015, would get here quickly. The next 95 days waiting to board will be a challenge!

Safe travels home.

Susan

Thanks. You will enjoy it!

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this. You captured a lot of the essence of a cruise. Your remark, "Just like that, it's done" shows the letdown.

Looking forward to doing this cruise next fall. Thanks for all the information you shared.

I'll look forward to your impressions next year. We loved it!

- Joel

Joel, I think we all will be hoping Wallie finds your surprise...and hopefully he will share it with us. If not, please don't keep us in suspense!

I have so enjoyed this voyage with you; your reviews and stunning pictures were awesome! Thank you again for a wonderful thread. So looking forward to getting on the Equinox on March 6th.:D:D

Have a safe and uneventful trip home!:):):)

Maryann

Yes, Wallie, do share. I left contact info for his sister to reach me in my home town, but left over coupons too. So, play nice kids!

Fun to leave this. Felt like Andy in Shawshank Redemption!

- Joel

- Joel

Hi Karen,

I was on Equinox a year ago so am pretty familiar with the ship...but a few people have made reference to the "new" Equinox so it seems there are changes/renovations/improvements. I'll just be happy to get back!

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

This has been awesome and I have enjoyed it so much. Thank you for taking so much time posting all the wonderful pictures and reviews of restaurants and public spaces. I can't wait for our 2/13/15 cruise on her. Hope sailing on Friday the 13th isn't a bad omen. Going to watch her sail today on the webcam.

This has been awesome and I have enjoyed it so much. Thank you for taking so much time posting all the wonderful pictures and reviews of restaurants and public spaces. I can't wait for our 2/13/15 cruise on her. Hope sailing on Friday the 13th isn't a bad omen. Going to watch her sail today on the webcam.

Thanks! Lucky 13 will be a charm!

- Joel

Yes, Wallie, do share. I left contact info for his sister to reach me in my home town, but left over coupons too. So, play nice kids!

Fun to leave this. Felt like Andy in Shawshank Redemption!

- Joel

- Joel

Pretty cool, Joel! Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing Wallie's gift with us! I truly enjoyed following along with you on your wonderful journey!:D

Maryann

So sad to leave this nice ship and end this enjoyable trip. Booking another cruise while on board has reduced the post-cruise depression I'm otherwise now entering. But, man, it's hard going back to being normal again.

Writing this post has been fun. I've been much more of a watcher on CC than a participator, and I certainly know a lot less than many of you. Thanks to those who have followed. Apologies for the many typos from this text correcting thing on iPhones and iPads, and for my occasional factual errors (if only all the room service stuff was free!). My goal was to give a sense of being on a trip, and of enjoying it, both so some of you could be here vicariously, and so I can do so too when I look back on this later!

Bon Voyage!

- Joel

Super cruise log! Really enjoyed the photos and your comprehensive style of narrating your wonderful trip. Ok, the packing - wow. :eek:

Nice to see a fellow "Bihnion"! You should submit a few post links to the Bihn forum. Also, as a fellow mostly one bag + personal item (Synapse 19) traveler, is it any surprise that I promptly searched this thread for Bihn after seeing the first page?

Tooth powder and shaving oil - you're definitely a one bagger. Have you taken to weighing stuff with a kitchen scale, yet? There's also a great "One bag ninja" thread on flyertalk to level up your one bag game.

Were you able to get your wife onto the one bag wagon? I love seeing what other women pack, especially their toiletry kits.

I also have the FitBit zip after destroying two earlier rechargeable FitBits in the wash. It is nice not having to bring a charger but for some reason, my battery has run out of juice on two different cruises. After the first cruise, I thought I'd learned my lesson and tossed a backup into my Synapse but lo and behold, nope. Still $4 for a $1 (online) battery isn't that bad if you can find it in a camera shop or grocery store.

Nice to see a fellow "Bihnion"! You should submit a few post links to the Bihn forum. Also, as a fellow mostly one bag + personal item (Synapse 19) traveler, is it any surprise that I promptly searched this thread for Bihn after seeing the first page?

Tooth powder and shaving oil - you're definitely a one bagger. Have you taken to weighing stuff with a kitchen scale, yet? There's also a great "One bag ninja" thread on flyertalk to level up your one bag game.

Were you able to get your wife onto the one bag wagon? I love seeing what other women pack, especially their toiletry kits.

I also have the FitBit zip after destroying two earlier rechargeable FitBits in the wash. It is nice not having to bring a charger but for some reason, my battery has run out of juice on two different cruises. After the first cruise, I thought I'd learned my lesson and tossed a backup into my Synapse but lo and behold, nope. Still $4 for a $1 (online) battery isn't that bad if you can find it in a camera shop or grocery store.

Nice to have an ally!

My wife is a reluctant but willing one bagger. But she (mostly) does it.

- Joel.

Joel, how long did it take to get off the ship today? I know you carried your bags off so it surely wasn't the 4++ hours we waited last year!

Great read & look forward to the next one

Went smoothly. We were at the airport and at the gate 90 minutes after walking out of our stateroom. Part of the relative speed was because we we left the ship earlyish, I suspect. Also, it was a Monday, so not many ships in the pier. Could have made a 9:30 plane with no problem. Wouldn't have booked one, because this was a faster than expected disembarkation than it could have been.

- Joel

Joel:

Thanks again, enjoyed it all!

Question for you - how does your vest work with TSA and airport screening? Slide it through on the belt, or do you have to empty pockets?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

It's especially good for TSA because you have all your stuff in the vest (i.e. Empty pockets ahead of time, fill up the vest with pocket stuff), then slide off vest and send through scanner. It's functionally like a carry on that way. No need to take anything out any more than what you would do from a bag itself.

- Joel