buying next cruise onboard

Just wondering what the advantage of buying your next cruise while you are on the ship.

Thanks

I prefer to just purchase a Next Cruise Certificate (fill out form and deposit it into a box in the LA area)...I don't want to spend my vacation sitting at the LA's desk...The only advantage for us now that RCI has reduced the OBC is the reduced deposit. I purchase them in one name ($100.00) then when I'm ready to convert them to an actual booking I just need to add another $100.00...

Luckily I have a few that still have the higher original OBC and I will use them carefully.

What you get: If you don't book a specific cruise and just book "Future Cruise" you get the reduced deposit of $100 and $25 on-board credit (based on a 7-night cruise). We used to do it when the incentive was more, but it's just not worth it.

Still worth it to us.We know the exact date shipwe want so its 100 bucks on board credit for us.To the poster who said she didnt want to spend her vacation at the agents desk.It literally takes 10 minutes to get this accomplished.Pretty simple if you ask me.Make an appointment and know what date and what ship and you are in and out.

To the poster who asked about onboard credit from travel agent.Yes we have our cruise docs given to our travel agent when we book the cruise on board.So we get the obc from royal(100) plus 200 from our travel agen.So you get both if you choose to.

Edited by rtazz17

Aside from the smaller deposit it seems that you can normally get more obc from a travel agent right?

Booking onboard does not preclude you from also using a travel agent. Those OBCs can normally be combined.

If you book specific cruise the deposit is refundable.

If you book a next cruise the deposit is non refundable.

I believe once you turn your NCC into a specific booking the deposit is then refundable..or at least it was...not that I would ever..cancel :D