Quantum 2 Night

TeamPants

On the 11/2 maiden sailing the regular prices never went down. They did offer briefly some Z, Y, and X GTY rates, but eventually (about 40 days before sailing) just pulled all inventory with hundreds of cabins still vacant.

Thats very interesting. I just saw about half of the inventory of the M, N, & Q insides disappear. Seems odd.

-Matt

As I believe others have mentioned these are normally "shake down" cruises where they are still training the staff, making sure everything is in working order, etc. If they sail full, or nearly full it is harder to do some of those activities. I really don't see them selling out the cruises. Price drops, maybe but again not counting on it.

The other thing is that they may still have some workers on board and need the extra space for them. They sell the cabins they can and then pull the rest when they hit a certain amount??

We booked the 3 day on the first day it was available so payed a lot less than the current pricing. Looking forward to experiencing the ship.

So for $ 1,062 ( Category M w/ residence rate ( discount of $ 42 per person)), we are getting 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 2 shows, 2 nights plus all other good stuff ship has to offer. I think good deal, if you can afford it. Doing all this in any major city would cost more. So we are going! Hopefully weather be sunny to enjoy outdoors as well.

So for $ 1,062 ( Category M w/ residence rate ( discount of $ 42 per person)), we are getting 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 2 shows, 2 nights plus all other good stuff ship has to offer. I think good deal, if you can afford it. Doing all this in any major city would cost more. So we are going! Hopefully weather be sunny to enjoy outdoors as well.

Exactly how I'm looking at it. 2 nights (also less than 48 hours) in NYC would cost me more. Okay, can't exactly compare 2 Broadway shows to the shows on board, but still good shows, great meals and a chance to explore a ship I'll be on a few weeks later.

I can't wait! :D

Me and my group of about 30 could hardly wait until they started selling the cabins for the Nov 14 - 2 night sailing...which is also the Naming Ceremony.....

Yes I will have to stay up later than usual and get up early and yes, I will have my Dew and Red Bull in tow and yes, I will be dog tired when I disembark but think of all the fun I will experience!!!

on this sailing not only are there FREE meals, shows and hopefully some goodies to take home as mementos but we will also get all drinks FREE...yes, even Adult beverages...:D...there will probably also be some activities onboard that won't take place on other sailings...

we were on the Naming Ceremony Sailing for Lady O and wanted to be on this one as well...

as others have stated sometimes you just have to go for it...with everything that is going to take place on this NEW ship for us it is totally worth it...

We can hardly wait...Is it time to Sail yet??? :cool: :p

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

You really can't compare an inside cabin and cruise quality food and entertainment to NY. I think the point is the 2 day cruise at $1000 is 2-3X the cost of most other cruises. That said, it's still only a thousand bucks to see a beautiful new ship. Everyone will view the value differently, we are still mulling it over.

Me and my group of about 30 could hardly wait until they started selling the cabins for the Nov 14 - 2 night sailing...which is also the Naming Ceremony.....

We can hardly wait...Is it time to Sail yet??? :cool: :p

Do you have any details about the naming ceremony? or special activities for this cruise?

What type of "deal" for those of you who feel it was a good deal when you booked, was the all inclusive price for two adults? I put in 55 + and state of NJ. Today the price of an obstructed view balcony is same/similar as interior. I am very, very tempted. Just did a 24 hour courtesy hold. I've been wondering if a good portion of this cruise will be travel agents and others who won't actually be paying. I agree this will be a great experience. Has anyone been keeping a close eye on prices and where they look today as compared to months, even weeks ago?

What type of "deal" for those of you who feel it was a good deal when you booked, was the all inclusive price for two adults? I put in 55 + and state of NJ. Today the price of an obstructed view balcony is same/similar as interior. I am very, very tempted. Just did a 24 hour courtesy hold. I've been wondering if a good portion of this cruise will be travel agents and others who won't actually be paying. I agree this will be a great experience. Has anyone been keeping a close eye on prices and where they look today as compared to months, even weeks ago?

For your info, we booked the "Q" 11 niter for Feb. 2, '16 last July and it costing us $1,839 per, including the D balcony discount. Bottom line it's costing us the same as a 7 niter from SJ or FL due to no airfare or travel insurance, plus our TA is giving us free grats, dinner for 2 and up to $100 spa treatment--it was a deal that we could not pass up. Hopefully, the weather holds up for the 1st 2 and last two days of the cruise.

We do not cruise as much as most people on this forum but we thought it would be neat to be some of the first passengers on a new ship. That's why we are doing the 3 night sampler. Its something different. I think it will be a different feel than what you get on a regular cruise.

I agree! That is why I'm seriously considering it and trying to figure out where the pricing has been. Thank you and thank you to NelBlu for your reply.

Hi I've also been kicking around doing the 3 day. I was originally booked on the Dec. 12th, but had to cancel due to a family medical situation in December. The only reason I haven't booked yet is with all the construction going on I'm concerned about the parking. I will be driving so I am concerned if parking at the terminal will be a problem. Has anyone heard if there is ample parking at the terminal. Thank You.

Do you have any details about the naming ceremony? or special activities for this cruise?

No I don't have any specifics...I was told to check once on board...guess they have yet to put all the plans down...

I'm just looking forward to sampling this ship...when we sailed the Naming cruise for Oasis we added I believe it was a 5 night right after the 2 night.... for this one I couldn't take more days given Thanksgiving is coming up the following week...

Can anyone tell me if this 2 day cruise cost more last year to book then now? or about the same?

If you are asking if you had booked the 11/21 cruise a year ago would you have paid more or less, the answer is less. Most cabins have gone up by $100 - 200 + per person since it originally opened for booking.

The 2 day started out only slighter more than the 3 day which is why we went with the 3 day one. Now that one has gone up over $300 per person, however there are some resident/military/etc discounts bringing it down to about $150 more that what we paid in May of 2013.

Does anyone think that there could be some last minute price drops for either the 2 or 3 day cruise?

According to one of the price tracking sites, it's much less expensive to book the 11/21 2 nighter now than it was in April 2014. I know I looked at the prices when they first came out and thought "no way" would I pay that for 2 nights. Even with my excitement to see the ship now there's no way I'd pay over $700 for 2 nights. I don't think the price will come down any lower for the 11/21 2 night sailing because I've been tracking it since Sunday. The price came down a little bit and stayed the same until yesterday when it went back up by $9. Many people have booked during this week, including myself, so I doubt the prices will come down any more.

According to one of the price tracking sites, it's much less expensive to book the 11/21 2 nighter now than it was in April 2014. I know I looked at the prices when they first came out and thought "no way" would I pay that for 2 nights. Even with my excitement to see the ship now there's no way I'd pay over $700 for 2 nights. I don't think the price will come down any lower for the 11/21 2 night sailing because I've been tracking it since Sunday. The price came down a little bit and stayed the same until yesterday when it went back up by $9. Many people have booked during this week, including myself, so I doubt the prices will come down any more.

Thanks, we are on the 2/2/15 11-night sailing. Will continue to watch the pricing but it would probably take a 25% drop to entice us to take a preview cruise.